Match Thread Coventry v Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

big win! ive seen 2 slade games we won both, he will be my favourite manager ever at this rate lol

first half was good,.we had 4 really good chances and scored 2,cant complain at that

second not so good. let in a shit goal and they missed an open goal at end, offside or not the linesmen didnt flag so we were so close to another last min equaliser. some good luck to counter the bad luck argument.

reilly was phenomenal. i really rate him

im not the biggest fan of the football but today was improved from wycombe and a big reason for that is foley as dm. so props to slade for that one. sstops game becoming non stop back and forth and helps midfield get a foothold in the game. all 3 midfielders were v good for us today

imperative we beat swindon and get some real momentum going into final 2 months

PUSB!

Captain Dart

Grendel

The harsh reality is that we just about made it today. If we had hung on at Wimbledon I'd feel more confident but we played a team who didn't turn up in the first half but in the second were a different story.

It was nothing to do with Slades tactics we were just pushed back and they started to see the weaknesses.

The full backs are not good enough. Kelly Evans is disciplined enough and fights like a terrier but his lack of height and physique is a huge disadvantage. Haynes was put under the cosh and had a diabolical second 45. The centre halves were put under incredible pressure and actually coped really well.

Reilly today was everything bigiaramana isn't. Total team ethic, incredible work rate. In the end he was the difference between victory and defeat. Foley was also something of a revelation in the middle of the park as well.

George Thomas looks injured and that's a worry.

Tudgay in the second half was really good at holding the ball and hassling.

Yakubu - well if he proved his fitness before his trial I would say the bar isn't very high. He is so immobile.

We need another two wins back to back. I can't see it myself.

Johnnythespider

The harsh reality is that we just about made it today. If we had hung on at Wimbledon I'd feel more confident but we played a team who didn't turn up in the first half but in the second were a different story.

It was nothing to do with Slades tactics we were just pushed back and they started to see the weaknesses.

The full backs are not good enough. Kelly Evans is disciplined enough and fights like a terrier but his lack of height and physique is a huge disadvantage. Haynes was put under the cosh and had a diabolical second 45. The centre halves were put under incredible pressure and actually coped really well.

Reilly today was everything bigiaramana isn't. Total team ethic, incredible work rate. In the end he was the difference between victory and defeat. Foley was also something of a revelation in the middle of the park as well.

Yakubu - well if he proved his fitness before his trial I would say the bar isn't very high. He is so immobile.

Yakubu obviously lacks match fitness, yet he had a good chance to wrap the game up and also created a good chance that was skied over the bar. A football brain is worth a yard of pace but I don't think he should be starting games as has been suggested.

covcity4life

I was shocked at how unfit he looks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

agree

did like his golf like cl;earence to the corner though, rcc did one too. have always thought id like to see it used more. if done right wastes alot of time and pushes opposition back

Sky Blue Harry H

Hopefully if George Thomas is out, it's only short term, and Beavon should be back on Saturday (sounds like he could play with Kwame and Tudgay up front)

Reilly seems to have become a key player over the last few games.

Foley being played where he has, has surprised me. Ill today, so missed it, but a few has said it has been effective.

Evo1883

Very happy to win obviously , just can't see the consistency needed to even think about safety .
Roll on Swindon

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Someone commented today how Yakubu looked liked something from walking football!

Was one instance on Tuesday where he just wandered up to the ball and didn't even move his head let alone his body to head the ball. Quite comical, but turned out quite a good pass in the end :D

Today he clearly lacked fitness. He should have done better with the turn and shot. Couple of good touches but not much else.

Even tudgay was clearly shouting at him to get back and help defending but that was never happening

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What's he saying?

Ian was moaning, doing the usual, and Stuart just went for it.

'We've just won Ian, the lads pulled it out the bag, YET YOU STILL COME ON HERE AND MOAN!!!!'

There was more but I was in the loo and only picked up the bits when he was shouting.

KG7

Someone commented today how Yakubu looked liked something from walking football!

Was one instance on Tuesday where he just wandered up to the ball and didn't even move his head let alone his body to head the ball. Quite comical, but turned out quite a good pass in the end :D

Today he clearly lacked fitness. He should have done better with the turn and shot. Couple of good touches but not much else.

Even tudgay was clearly shouting at him to get back and help defending but that was never happening

Do you sit in block 21?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Tbf to Ian (and yes he was overly moaning). Linnell was a going over top on the performance and our chances of staying up. Personally I felt he was a tad harsh on him, the next caller basically said the same as Ian albeit without making it sound like a moanfest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KG7

A well earned win today. DKE and Reilly are key to this team if we're gonna put a run together. Brilliant desire. George Thomas has a touch of class and Marcus Tudgay worked his nads off. Thought YAKUBU was a wise old head but also created three or four chances. Can't ask him to run though...fucking hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

dke did very well for most part

haynes also a better defensive game than normal. although let their winger(or was he full back) get in some really dangerous crosses 2nd half

Users who are viewing this thread