Match Thread Coventry v Chesterfld Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Nov (3 Viewers)

CCFC88

5 points off playoffs if we win tonight! 4-0 drubbing Stevenson Willis Sordell and Jones

JeffB

I am afraid all the signs are there. A resurgent team;; Playing a very poor team at the bottom of the league; Fans are becoming more heartened and optimistic, gates are on the rise.........Seen it time and time again over the years.....0-1 to Chesterfield!!!!!!

clint van damme

If we're clinical in front of goal we'll win, that's not something that's coming easy to us though.

stevefloyd

I agree Jeff in all my years of supporting CCFC (Cov not Cardiff) another false dawn looms, from topping the Prem for the 1st time I believe we lost to Millwall 4-0 although we have had many many many many false dawns I could be mixing that up with another false one...0-1 to them :(...although I sincerely hope those words are rammed down my throat :)

no_loyalty

I agree Jeff in all my years of supporting CCFC (Cov not Cardiff) another false dawn looms, from topping the Prem for the 1st time I believe we lost to Millwall 4-0 although we have had many many many many false dawns I could be mixing that up with another false one...0-1 to them :(...although I sincerely hope those words are rammed down my throat :)

Agree Steve we usually fuck up, but we did the business on Barnsley last season when they were on that dreadful run

mrtrench

I am afraid all the signs are there. A resurgent team;; Playing a very poor team at the bottom of the league; Fans are becoming more heartened and optimistic, gates are on the rise.........Seen it time and time again over the years.....0-1 to Chesterfield!!!!!!

Yep; 87th minute. City with 20 shots to their one. Everyone says we were robbed.

Otis

I have a bad feeling about this match.

The ones where we clearly should win worry me the most. We play someone like Bolton or Scunthorpe at home I always fancy our chances., but games against teams who have a terrible record and are on a bad run I find the most concerning.

I personally don't think it will be easy at all tonight.

Paxman II

Tonight is the first pivital game in our season. A 6 pointer of sorts. Win and we are 7 points clear of Chesterfield on 19. Lose and we are 1 point clear of them. Our recent form must be maintained, particularly at home. 19 points would probably put us a win away from closing in on the playoffs. Lose and we remain just outside the bottom going into some tough looking fixtures coming up.
It's about confidence and belief. It's also about whether MV keeps the job or not. I'd like to see some stability and winning tonight will give us a platform to have a good season. So not just any old game tonight!

georgehudson

Potentially a tough fixture, in that both sides really need 3 pts, here's hoping MV has done his homework, on what I expect to be a no nonsense Chesterfield team.
I wonder who we have the pleasure of seeing as referee this evening ?

Tonylinc

Potentially a tough fixture, in that both sides really need 3 pts, here's hoping MV has done his homework, on what I expect to be a no nonsense Chesterfield team.
I wonder who we have the pleasure of seeing as referee this evening ?
The ref will be Mr. John Brooks from Melton Mobray

Gazolba

Anyone know what week this game was postponed from ? I'm trying to find my original forecast in the prediction league.

Godiva

Anyone know what week this game was postponed from ? I'm trying to find my original forecast in the prediction league.

I believe the original match date was Oct 8th.

chiefdave

Hopefully it proves right, dark and cold :(
Could be a low crowd tonight. Second night back after half term, lot of the kids will have been out last night. Dark and cold as the clocks have gone back and Man City v Barca on the telly.
If you're a casual supporter there's not much to persuade you to spend over £20 to head to the Ricoh tonight.

Nick

Administrator

Not 100%, I hope he doesnt play Jones Central. It looks like it could be 4-4-2 with Reid and Jones on the wings.

Fair few changes.

coop

Tudgay has been shit what I've seen this season hope he proves me wrong not gone so we should win as I've missed every win this season.

Great_Expectations

Slightly random selection, assuming it's a case of fresh legs?

Guessing it's 4-2-3-1; Tudgay 10, Reid/Jones on the wings? He must think they have slow full backs?

I hope Bigi and Stevenson run the game.

Users who are viewing this thread