Coventry v Carlisle (1 Viewer)

SuttonSkyBlue

Nice read, Jake. We are indeed at rock bottom but are hoping that we've seen the end of the worst. Also, it made me realise that two of our very best players since relegation both came from Carlisle. Both had terrific attitudes as well.

Are you going to the game tomorrow, and, if so, will you be posting a match report??

blueflint

lets not delude ourselves we have a massive job on our hands to even get a point hope M R knows what he's doing and the new players are good

jk_cufc

I won't be there unfortunately, but will certainly be keeping a close eye on how things pan out. If you're into Twitter, you can follow me at @jk_cufc, so will definitely make a comment or two on the game. With big games in the League Cup for both our sides next week, there's plenty riding on it so should be an exciting one.

Keiren in particular was magnificent. Probably the best player we've had in the last decade ahead of the likes of Danny Graham and Tim Krul. Both Richard and Keiren were great guys and fondly remembered by everyone at the club. It's sad to see Westwood sat in the reserves at Sunderland, but I'm sure he'll get chance to get back to his brilliant best soon enough.

Evans020

I won't be there unfortunately, but will certainly be keeping a close eye on how things pan out. If you're into Twitter, you can follow me at @jk_cufc, so will definitely make a comment or two on the game. With big games in the League Cup for both our sides next week, there's plenty riding on it so should be an exciting one.

Keiren in particular was magnificent. Probably the best player we've had in the last decade ahead of the likes of Danny Graham and Tim Krul. Both Richard and Keiren were great guys and fondly remembered by everyone at the club. It's sad to see Westwood sat in the reserves at Sunderland, but I'm sure he'll get chance to get back to his brilliant best soon enough.
Our best keeper for a decade at least

torchomatic

Good read, Jake. Nice one. However, personally I think Les Dawson was more cuddly. But each to their own.

LilleSkyBlue

Cheers jk, well-written stuff; I particularly enjoyed the summary of where we're at right now. You got it about right, I'd say, though you could have laid more stress on the absolute despairing and predictable hopelessness of it all for several years now. CCFC, the nothing club.

Play Up Sky Blues!

The Reverend Skyblue

Thanks Jk for the two links, very good read both of them. I hope greg enjoys his day today, not too much as i hope we finally get our first win, but i wish you and all Carlisle fans a good season and one day i will finally make the big trip up to Carlisle to see my team play.

All the best

The Rev

jk_cufc

Interesting read!! He played for my old team Stoke Heath rangers and lived in potters green where I've just moved away from!! Spooky!!

Sounds like you were quite unlucky not to get a point in the end. From what they're saying on the radio, we rode our luck and perhaps got the rub of the green from the referee, but put in a decent performance. Much improved from you lot though; sounded more organised, put us under pressure, and got a good goal. There's definitely quality in your side so, if Robins can get them playing well together, you should be ok.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for your kind comments on my preview. I'll be rooting for you.

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread