Coventry v Burnley matchday thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

cathedraltospare

you never know with bristol or barnsley. They also have to play each other. It looks like we'll need a point at least at st Mary's - it also looks like southampton will need to go all out to secure promotion...

Nonleagueherewecome

Sub that's your opinion. I'm not wrong regarding that. It fact.

Sky Blue the question is we have a decent team out today but can Thorn inspire them to win this? Today has nothing to do with Squad depth.

You are fucking kidding, right? I don't like WUM calling, but you must be trying to get a response posting bullshit like this. Bell in the side with no games in weeks? Three injured strikers our only option. HELLO?!????

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You are fecking kidding, right? I don't like WUM calling, but you must be trying to get a response posting bullshit like this. Bell in the side with no games in weeks? Three injured strikers our only option. HELLO?!????

Absolute joke. Last week, which was indicative of where we've been for ages, ignoring players unavailable through injury and those kids without any first team experience whatsoever, we had 14 outfield players to choose from. That's three strikers, six midfielders and five defenders. How the hell are we meant to define that as a squad with depth?

And of the 14, 6 were 20 or younger. Hells teeth, some people are impossible

Paxman II

Lets not discount Bristol's effort again today. Their draw is better on paper than ours.
Worried that Tuesday against Millwall may not be as easy as everyone is assuming?
Hell we certainly HAVE to WIN it. Should be a rocking good night which ever way it goes...

Nonleagueherewecome

Won't we be tired on Tuesday?

No, because we have such strength in depth, squad numbers really isn't an issue for us. We can just make 6 or 7 changes to the starting XI with all that quality depth we have, right?!

Otis

Lets not discount Bristol's effort again today. Their draw is better on paper than ours.
Worried that Tuesday against Millwall may not be as easy as everyone is assuming?
Hell we certainly HAVE to WIN it. Should be a rocking good night which ever way it goes...

Who said it will be easy?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would say that this match was where our squad seemed more threadbare than any nearly any other. We had 4 or 5 players clearly playing despite the injuries and very little in reserve. just when it looked like we might get back in the game we got another player injured (according to AT "a bad one"). Seemed our luck was out yet again - some decisions were dubious even for our Clive on the radio!. The players gave what they had and clearly some are feeling the effects of such a small squad

In the context of the match itself this was a good result. I dont think that the team let us down and I dont think AT got much wrong given what he had available to him. AT made three subs to try change the game, dont think you can criticise for trying something and it worked because we scored the equaliser. He wouldnt need to be a manager if he could predict the future and know it would go wrong (because of Cyrus injury) .... he would already be very rich having won the lottery!

In the context of the season and avoiding relegation it was not enough. But then we wont be going down because of one match.

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

I have to say that was a great result in any situation. Especially given our woefull away form this season.

It has not helped us but likewise it has not screwed us either.

Astute

Just got home. Read through this thread. What a game by City. First half one way traffic. None of us saw the goal for burnley coming. more or less their first attack. ran up the pitch and all I saw was the net move. Murphy nowhere. Second half we was nearly as good til we were down to 10 men. Handled the pressure well most of the time. Were worth a win. Unlucky city. Unlucky AT. Hope Christie is OK

Astute

Yrah weird day lol. got wrong info on train. had a few beers at hebdon bridge enhoyed day tho

Paxman II

Thank you astute. You were there. if we were so good how come we didn't score another or at least make their goalie work then?
And isn't that the frustrating thing about this team and it's set up week in week out?

Astute

Thank you astute. You were there. if we were so good how come we didn't score another or at least make their goalie work then?
And isn't that the frustrating thing about this team and it's set up week in week out?

Firstly Burnley soaked up the pressure well. Ball hardly left their half in the first half. Secondly we had good runs but not really any good crosses. Thirdly we need a striker on the pitch fully fit who knows where the back of the net is. It eas as though they were trying to run the ball over the line. Not easy when they played with 10 men back at times.

Forgot to say the fans backed the lads well again. Would say much more than the 520 someone said

pw362

Was at the game yesterday. Some shocking ref decisions i.e the tackles on clarke & christie which didn't even see us awarded free kicks never mind yellow cards. From i was keoghs header was over the line(wish atkinson had been ref !!) Also believe that if we had 11 on the pitch for the last 15 mins we would have gone on to win the game. If we start the game on tuesday with the attacking intent we had yesterday we should win. Of course this depends on what sort of team we can put out due to the ongoing injury crisis.

Sterling Archer

I thought we'd have gone on and won that game with all 11 men on the pitch, David Bell was awful though, how the hell did he get a 4 year contract? Looked disinterested, showed little effort and constantly gave the ball away and pulled out of challenges. Shef was also poor and Nimely did everything but score in the first half (lovely mazy run past 3 players before his shot was saved).

Keogh was excellent as usual and I also thought Hussey had another decent game with little support whenever he got the ball. Bigirimana showed some nice touches when he came on but seems afraid to shoot when sometimes it looks easier to get a shot away than pass.

Users who are viewing this thread