Coventry v Bristol Matchday thread (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

The worst part is that I'd already got used to the idea of League One, then we hit form and I'd grown accustomed to what I've heard described as 'optimism' (might be a foreign word). Now I'm looking at the deficit and seeing Bristol's fixtures and thinking it's far from over, but then we've taken one point in the weekend so we're losing momentum fast so I don't know what to think now.

'Shit' is the first thing that comes to mind.

Brilliantly summed up!

coundonskyblue

The worst part is that I'd already got used to the idea of League One, then we hit form and I'd grown accustomed to what I've heard described as 'optimism' (might be a foreign word). Now I'm looking at the deficit and seeing Bristol's fixtures and thinking it's far from over, but then we've taken one point in the weekend so we're losing momentum fast so I don't know what to think now.

'Shit' is the first thing that comes to mind.

My feelings exactly, I had got used to the idea to the point I had stop caring.

They've drawn me in again like they always do so it will just hurt all the more if we go down now.

musicmanskyblue

Bristol were able to make 6 changes today.... we couldn't compete in terms of fitness and fresh legs... Sisu at fault for decimating our squad...

Some may say we are where we are due to years and years of mismanagement, buffoons & shady dealing. We were poor today, but the moronic lack of support from sisu is staggering. Not able to recall a centre half on loan when we have a defensive crisis, no players in. Sisu - go rot :jerkit:. PUSB.

ajsccfc

My feelings exactly, I had got used to the idea to the point I had stop caring.

They've drawn me in again like they always do so it will just hurt all the more if we go down now.

I guess one solace is that it's not a dull time to be a Cov fan, even if a (probably) depressing one.

Fospherous

I wouldn't have minded conceding that third goal so as long as it was after at least one last all out attack... but we didn't, we slithered forwards without any urgency and conceded that third goal lazily. Fucking awful. I look foward to facing the likes of Walsall and Yeovil next year.

torchomatic

There's still goal difference too. If we can equal their points tally then we are OK. They have to really difficult games coming up. Yes,I am clutching at straws, but I have nothing else to clutch!

Alex

Yeah, so we bring on Gael, who had a shocker Saturday, and today, like Christie, proceeded to give it straight to the opposition CONSTANTLY. Maybe lack of quality or options is why we are where we are? Bristol made 6 changes from their XI on Saturday and had Premiership loans like Wood and Emphrahim on the bench. Thorn can only dream of such resources! We are a shit squad, end of story. Can't blame a manager for not having any players, and when it comes to debating what he does with them, it's just splitting hairs-replace one shit player with another one, or at least one that's 2 years off ready for first team football at this level!!

Touché :thinking about:

cityfarandwide

Bristol fan in peace.

I don't know if your appreciate outside opinion on your teams performance but having spoke to your fans prior to the game at the ground I wish you good luck whatever league your in; most seemed genuine people and passionate about your club.

But the only thing that was noticeable to a few of the city fans I was speaking to is that you guys seemed to lack any kind of "want" especially on second balls; and your subs were a bit of a surprise not taking of platt I believe was a mistake but a nice one for us. I think the attempt to find a reply to our first goal with no show for it took any confidence out of you guys by 70 minutes you really looked tired as well.

I don't know enough about your players to comment Individually other than your full back that went off injured also seemed a turning point he had a good game keeping Adomah quite for most of it

Best of luck again anyhow.

BCFC Exile

We jut don't turn up for the big game, it's no shock, it happens season after season

Imagine us coming from behind to win by 2 clear goals in a major match...

Where is Yeovil ?

About 30 miles due south from Bristol. Nice part of Somerset, you'll enjoy it down there.

As for today, I know its no consolation but given a choice I would prefer Forest or Millwall to get relegated. As long as you don't drag us back into it I hope you can survive.

I thought the other City fan who posted as well as some of you got it right with the strange decision to leave Platt on the pitch. Never rated Thorn, obviously he has been the cheap option and although he has, for sure, tried his best, he clearly is not going to take you upwards. I guess thats the owners right? All the best anyway.

torchomatic

I do. .

NINOOVCOV

last week i thought we would win all of our remaining home games, but what do i know.....the 2 points dropped against peter, and the lack of any commitment today shows that we will be going down, hopefully im wrong....

torchomatic

If the Titanic had been sky blue...

Yes torch but it probably was in places and it fucking sank. We said the same at villa ten years ago and i remember sitting in the stands thinking this will not happen to us.

Brighton Sky Blue

You should see how many views the 'Portsmouth-what on earth' thread has-it's pushing the capacity of HR!

There's still goal difference too. If we can equal their points tally then we are OK. They have to really difficult games coming up. Yes,I am clutching at straws, but I have nothing else to clutch!

Just got back Torch and it was utter garbage.

Are you Stuart Linnell in disguise on this forum??? Everything is rosy in the garden if you read your posts...you stated on the CET forum that SISU were '...our saviours..', and that AT is a good manager, and seemingly against criticism for a shockingly negative tactical and actual performance....like the optimism, but even I know that there comes a point when this is just unbelievable and does not make anyone more of a fan, just by stating that 'everything will be ok' and only ever looking for positives and ignoring negatives.....for fucks sake, we've won 9 games in 44 this season, so my eyes tell me how bad it is!!!!

ajsccfc

Remember drawing Torquay in the cup and it being a bit of a novelty? That stands to potentially be a league fixture nexy year. Crikey.

Macca

Yep, mind you will the football be any worse? And after all we will be in division 1 so basically we are no worse off than 1991!

Users who are viewing this thread