Coventry v Bristol Matchday thread (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Bristol City v Coventry preview
Last updated: 8th April 2012

Fontaine: Returns for Robins

Related links
Teams
Coventry City
Team news ahead of Easter Monday's Championship clash between Bristol City and Coventry at Ashton Gate.

Bristol City are buoyed by the return of Liam Fontaine from suspension.

The centre-back has missed the Robins' last three matches after picking up a red card in the 2-0 home defeat to Watford on March 20, but is now back and available to Derek McInnes.
The City boss is also hopeful midfielder Stephen Pearson, who missed the vital 1-0 win at Nottingham Forest on Saturday with a chest complaint, will be fit to feature, but he is missing several other first-team players.

Lewin Nyatanga is out with an ankle problem and James Wilson has been ruled out for the season with his own ankle knock.

Midfielder Marvin Elliott (Achilles) and striker David Clarkson (ankle) will also remain sidelined for the remainder of the campaign.

Coventry will assess three or four unnamed players ahead of the trip.

Andy Thorn kept his cards close to his chest regarding those facing fitness tests after Saturday's 2-2 draw against Peterborough as the Sky Blues complete two games in 48 hours.

Striker Clive Platt dropped to the bench at the weekend having struggled with a knock of his own and, after completing the final 17 minutes off the bench, will also be monitored.

Midfielder David Bell failed to make Thorn's matchday squad having recovered from his groin injury but will look to be involved at Ashton Gate.

Defenders Nathan Cameron, Richard Wood (both knee), Hermann Hreidarsson(shoulder) and midfielder Carl Baker (hamstring) are all out for the remainder of the season.

Coventry go into the clash occupying the final relegation slot in the Championship, one point and one place below the Robins who won at Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

AFCCOVENTRY

The club has announced the home game with Coventry City on Easter Monday (tomorrow, April 9th, 3pm) is sold out.

The remaining tickets were sold within moments of City's historic 1-0 win at Nottingham Forest, and now the crunch game between the two relegation rivals will be played out in front of a sell-out Ashton Gate.

Coventry City will have 2,300 in the Wedlock Stand, and the atmosphere is sure to be electric for a fixture that will have a major bearing on the fight to avoid relegation.

Any supporter who has to collect their ticket on the day is urged to do so early. With more than 1,000 tickets to collect, leaving it late will see queues building, so avoid to stress near to kick-off and get down to the stadium early. Tickets can be collected from 9am.

skybluebolland

Wait: I thought fontaine was out for this one as well, tuey appealed his ban and it got rejected, and they added an extra one on !!!!!!!!!!

jto123

It's funny, when we got relegated from the prem, I thought "at least we'll be at the higher end of the table and not fighting for relegation all the time". How wrong I was.:facepalm:

AFCCOVENTRY

City fans are being urged to arrive early for tomorrow's crunch npower Championship clash with Coventry City.

The game between the two teams either side of the Championship relegation dividing line will be played out in front of 19,000 fans.

More than 1,000 City fans will need to collect their tickets on the day, and that can be done from 9am. The club urges supporters not to leave it late to collect tickets and risk missing the start of the game.

Coventry City will have 2,300 in the Wedlock Stand, and the atmosphere is sure to be electric for a fixture that will have a major bearing on the fight to avoid relegation. Fans are also reminded the walkway behind the Wedlock Stand will be closed to home supporters after the final whistle.

There's every reason to turn up early anyway, with an Easter Family Fun Park in the Hite-rite building on-site. And from 2.30pm fans will get the chance to greet around 30 City stars fro myesteryear at the launch of the Former Players Association, which will take place pitchside.

There will be NO SALES of tickets on the day of the game. Supporters without tickets are urged not to visit Ashton Gate as you will not gain entry to the stadium.

Otis

Bristol City v Coventry preview
Last updated: 8th April 2012

Fontaine: Returns for Robins

Related links
Teams
Coventry City
Team news ahead of Easter Monday's Championship clash between Bristol City and Coventry at Ashton Gate.

Bristol City are buoyed by the return of Liam Fontaine from suspension.

The centre-back has missed the Robins' last three matches after picking up a red card in the 2-0 home defeat to Watford on March 20, but is now back and available to Derek McInnes.
The City boss is also hopeful midfielder Stephen Pearson, who missed the vital 1-0 win at Nottingham Forest on Saturday with a chest complaint, will be fit to feature, but he is missing several other first-team players.

Lewin Nyatanga is out with an ankle problem and James Wilson has been ruled out for the season with his own ankle knock.

Midfielder Marvin Elliott (Achilles) and striker David Clarkson (ankle) will also remain sidelined for the remainder of the campaign.

Andy Thorn kept his cards close to his chest regarding those facing fitness tests after Saturday's 2-2 draw against Peterborough as the Sky Blues complete two games in 48 hours.

Striker Clive Platt dropped to the bench at the weekend having struggled with a knock of his own and, after completing the final 17 minutes off the bench, will also be monitored.

Midfielder David Bell failed to make Thorn's matchday squad having recovered from his groin injury but will look to be involved at Ashton Gate.

Defenders Nathan Cameron, Richard Wood (both knee), Hermann Hreidarsson(shoulder) and midfielder Carl Baker (hamstring) are all out for the remainder of the season.

Coventry go into the clash occupying the final relegation slot in the Championship, one point and one place below the Robins who won at Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

WTF!! We cannot replace 3 or 4 players. :( Hope they all come through overwise it's going to be down to all kids again potentially.

NINOOVCOV

hope im wrong but cant see us getting anything more than a draw from this game, i think Cov really fucked it yesterday when they drawed with peterborough, should really have won that one.....

wingy

Well i've gone from being apprehensive this Morning to feeling confident ,there will be twists and turns till the end ,just like yesterday .Peterboro were very usefull and no rollover ,so although we let it slip we did well to get the point .Re; Bristol hav'nt been as consistant as us and that was their first win in 13 ,am hoping for the win but a point would'nt be a disaster .Get your Southampton tickets ,thats where it will be settled .

NINOOVCOV

Well i've gone from being apprehensive this Morning to feeling confident ,there will be twists and turns till the end ,just like yesterday .Peterboro were very usefull and no rollover ,so although we let it slip we did well to get the point .Re; Bristol hav'nt been as consistant as us and that was their first win in 13 ,am hoping for the win but a point would'nt be a disaster .Get your Southampton tickets ,thats where it will be settled .

i hope the southampton game is not crucial because i doubt we get anything from that game...

jto123

i hope the southampton game is not crucial because i doubt we get anything from that game...

I'm not sure i agree with that. The crucial thing is that southampton secure the title and promotion before they play us, so they have nothing to play for.

AFCCOVENTRY

Let's hope Jordan Clarke is playing PS3 in the morning. He always has a good game when he is online! lol

SkyBlue_Bear83

Team News

-----------Murphy
Clarke----Keogh--Cranie---Hussey
---------------Clingan
-----Deegan---------Norwood
------------Sheffers
------Platt----------Cody

Bench
Dunn
Christie
Nimely
Gael
Willis

Jim

SBA in good voice already....! Itching to get this started! Come on Coventry!

Otis

Bristol have made SIX changes from Saturday.

Something we simply wouldn't be able to do!

Users who are viewing this thread