Coventry United (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I hear are in advance talks to share the Butts Park Arena, if that happened isn't that another one in the eye for sisu ?

Hobo

That means Rugby Union, Rugby League and now football all at the Butts. The Rugby League sides actually play 3rd tier, so same equivalent level as our Rugby Union and Football side.

bigfatronssba

stupot07

Seems odd to me, aren't they a couple of leagues before Sphinx....surely any parks pitch is acceptable for that league....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

I don't know a lot about Coventry United and hardly follow their progress, the chap I was speaking to told me they were 5 promotions from the Conference, I assume he means the league Nuneaton are in and they are flying at the top of their current league, he said they are well backed financially and ambitious, as silly as it sounds if that is correct the way we are performing in 2 years we, ccfc, could be in the conference and Cov United just a three of divisions below us, frightening !

stupot07

Brilliant, so in a couple of years the Coventry potential fan base will be diluted by competition from CCFC, wasps, CRFC and a conference football team....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Voice_of_Reason

Will I go and watch Coventry United - No
Will I support Coventry United - No

Will I watch their progress with a jealous fascination ? -- Yes.

blend

Extremely ambitious. They already have a squad that will be competitive in the league above and the team continues to evolve.

The infrastructure is in place for progression. Local scouting network, reserve team, junior sides and players are joining from leagues above.

Just pop along to a match at the Higgs for free see what you think.

bigfatronssba

An ambitious football club is good for the city.

J

Jack Griffin

Seems odd to me, aren't they a couple of leagues before Sphinx....surely any parks pitch is acceptable for that league....

No they have to have the facility for some spectators to view the game seated for the next tier, there is no seating at Allard Way, just a grassy knoll. :p

They also have to have car parking and a club house or refreshment facilities nearby, it is all in the FA regs, they are easy to find.

COV UTD will get promoted this season they are currently 7 pts clear at the top of their league after an 8 match winning run during which they only failed to score 5 goals or more on one occasion and then they hit 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr T - Sukka!

Good on them. The more they win the bigger the support they will get. It will also generate more intrest.

I would have no problem going to watch a few games if CCFC are not at home.

I do think the UTD name does put a few off tbh.

stupot07

I don't get it, why go to watch cov utd when you could watch sphynx

#coventryhomeofthefranchise

M&B Stand

Extremely ambitious. They already have a squad that will be competitive in the league above and the team continues to evolve.

The infrastructure is in place for progression. Local scouting network, reserve team, junior sides and players are joining from leagues above.

Just pop along to a match at the Higgs for free see what you think.

Rubbish. My mate manages Bolehall Swifts in the league above, no chance Cov Utd will walk that division, as you move up the ladder, the standard quickly gets much better. Anyone thinking they'll Storm up to conference level is very naive.
Cov Sphinx would destroy them, the standard is far better.

bigfatronssba

I don't get it, why go to watch cov utd when you could watch sphynx

#coventryhomeofthefranchise

Might be missing something here, but in what way are Cov United a franchise?

torchomatic

True. For quite a few seasons Leamington progressed up the leagues, they've hit the buffers and found their natural level now. Not sure Why Cov Utd were formed when there was Sphinx around. I think it was just a cheap "moving to Northampton" cash-in.

Rubbish. My mate manages Bolehall Swifts in the league above, no chance Cov Utd will walk that division, as you move up the ladder, the standard quickly gets much better. Anyone thinking they'll Storm up to conference level is very naive.
Cov Sphinx would destroy them, the standard is far better.

stupot07

Might be missing something here, but in what way are Cov United a franchise?

Technically they aren't but a brand new side people bandwagon jumping when there is already Coventry sides in high leagues.

Hang on we have no affinity with them....but a brand new club that's different.

And why was it set up? As a Phoenix/protest team.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

A rugby team without Coventry in its name wanting to play in Coventry....oh wait...

Didn't think you were interested in rugby,so why does it anger you so much it might as well be Curling totally irrelevant. Did you get angry when the Blaze moved from Solihull? I didn't it passed me by not interested? I am concerned with one thing my football club as for rugby I will watch Cov.

bigfatronssba

Technically they aren't but a brand new side people bandwagon jumping when there is already Coventry sides in high leagues.

Hang on we have no affinity with them....but a brand new club that's different.

And why was it set up? As a Phoenix/protest team.

Protest team to represent the city when Ccfc decided it didn't want to. We should be pleased for all Coventry teams to do well.

SkyBlueRuffian

As a previous poster has said, for Cov Utd to progress through the leagues, they need certain things in place, I.e, parking/ seating.
They have the finances to build their own ground and have been on the search for suitable locations. 2 that were offered to them by CCC were deemed as unacceptable, so their only option was to buddy up with CRFC.

Plus with WASPS plans to have CRFC as a feeder club, there could be further investment. Pitch improvements is number 1 on the agenda.

stupot07

Didn't think you were interested in rugby,so why does it anger you so much it might as well be Curling totally irrelevant. Did you get angry when the Blaze moved from Solihull? I didn't it passed me by not interested? I am concerned with one thing my football club as for rugby I will watch Cov.

Why wouldn't we get angry about wasps?

bigfatronssba

They are not the reason Ccfc are shite.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sick of the arguments on here all we do is go round and round in circles you have a good New Year if you're going to Walsall see you in the club make yourself known and I'll get you a drink:p

Users who are viewing this thread