Coventry United - is it time to get behind them? (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Just seen this article in the Telegraph. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/exciting-times-protest-club-coventry-6993261

It seems they are making great strides. My only issue with them is that when they were created they said that they were NOT a club formed in protest against SISU. Now they've jumped on the bandwagon.

As a big advocate of forming a breakaway club, I'm wondering what people think - should we support this?

If they offered an opportunity for fans to own shares then I'd be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewys33

They play in Red.

I will shoot my testicles off before I am supporting someone in Red.

If I were to support a team based in Coventry it would be sphinx. Or an AFC Coventry. (IF CCFC ceased to exist or moved permanently)

Last edited:

hill83

I'd rather eat a shit sandwich

Oh, and for people always paranoid about people with an agenda, look no further than the top of this page. Every post is about a new club.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Vulture club trying to feed off our slow & painful death.........

If you are going to support a non-league side....it should be sphinx.....been around since the end of WW2 & are part of the football fabric of Coventry.....

Fuck off United.

ollyservetta

no ,sorry ,if not the skyblues ill be supporting leamington ,I find it abit stupid to say they were formed so folk can support footie in Coventry when the cov sphinx are well established ,

Rusty Trombone

Just seen this article in the Telegraph. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/exciting-times-protest-club-coventry-6993261

It seems they are making great strides. My only issue with them is that when they were created they said that they were NOT a club formed in protest against SISU. Now they've jumped on the bandwagon.

As a big advocate of forming a breakaway club, I'm wondering what people think - should we support this?

If they offered an opportunity for fans to own shares then I'd be interested.

I don't think they have described themselves as a protest club, that's just a Telegraph description.

They have stated this "The name United was chosen as a term used to "Unite" the city of Coventry. If CCFC is destroyed, liquidated or permanently removed from Coventry then we the committee of Coventry United will offer shares and the readymade football club to be modelled and changed based on a democratic voting system to ensure Coventry always has a team in the FL".

I hope they do well, as I hope all local sports teams do well.

The Gentleman

They play in Red.

I will shoot my testicles off before I am supporting someone in Red.

If I were to support a team based in Coventry it would be sphinx. Or an AFC Coventry. (IF CCFC ceased to exist or moved permanently)

Can I suggest that you don't look back at our archives and look at the away kits of 06-07, 03-05, 92-94, 81-83 and 75-78. You might not have any bollocks left!

ccfcway

Support Sphinx,

I like this....they won due to opposition not getting to the game !

Game Awarded to Coventry Sphinx

by Dave Bull

Athletic unable to get a team for the game.

ccfcway

In all seriousness, how many leagues are Sphinx away from the FL ?

EDIT - They are in the 9th tier.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Don't think I could ever bring myself to support a team in red called United.

lewys33

Can I suggest that you don't look back at our archives and look at the away kits of 06-07, 03-05, 92-94, 81-83 and 75-78. You might not have any bollocks left!

I was of course referring to the home kit! Kits pre-1990 (my birth) also dont count ;)

ccfcway

Would be interesting if Sphinx managed to negotiate a short term deal with Ricoh to play there. Increased support and improved sponsorship and they should be able to get the players to rise to the conference in no time, from there, who knows where it could take them.

lewys33

Would be interesting if Sphinx managed to negotiate a short term deal with Ricoh to play there. Increased support and improved sponsorship and they should be able to get the players to rise to the conference in no time, from there, who knows where it could take them.

How dare you suggest we support ACL!!

Covstu

Just couldnt do it unless the fate of CCFC has been shown. If we are permanently in Northampton or start building in Bedworth then personally i give up on football. You are born with one club (whether you like it or not) and that shouldnt change.

Spionkop

CCFCWAY, that may be what happens if things don't improve re Sisu.
Think much hinges on the JR on June 10.
Let's face it, 4 or 5 years sliding nowhere with Sisu OR getting behind a new Coventry team - playing at the Ricoh, crowds growing.
Massive potential.
Even if Sisu got their act together, built a ground in Meriden say, takes them five years. A club like Sphinx could be in the League by then.
I don't believe for one minute they will a new ground, just faff around as they try to break ACL.
As I've constantly said, I want CCFC to be free of Sisu and thriving, but Sphinx or an AFC is a big alternative.

@richh87

I'd rather eat a shit sandwich

Oh, and for people always paranoid about people with an agenda, look no further than the top of this page. Every post is about a new club.

Oi! - I have nothing to do with Coventry United. Everyone knows I've been posting here for years.

I'm heavily anti SISU - and yes, I would like nothing more than to kick them in the nuts and see reforming a supporter owned CCFC where nobody can do this to us again as a solution.

The best way would be for SISU to piss off and the supporters to acquire a share of the club thereafter.

One thing is obvious - without supporters SISU have no leverage. Especially if we'd moved on.

hill83

Rich, stop using 'we'. And start using 'I'. Because we are not the same.

@richh87

Rich, stop using 'we'. And start using 'I'. Because we are not the same.

You need to get a grip sweetheart - and some balls.

It might be in your nature to bend over and take it from faceless men in suits - but it isn't in mine.

@richh87

rich just fuck off and support Leicester!

Yes, because that's the same thing isn't it.

Being so angry at SISU that I want a new Coventry City where we the fans can safeguard its future = supporting Leicester. Wow.

covcity4life

Yes, because that's the same thing isn't it.

Being so angry at SISU that I want a new Coventry City where we the fans can safeguard its future = supporting Leicester. Wow.

you have given up but at same time say you bend over for anyone

LOLZ

Last edited:

ccfcway

CCFCWAY, that may be what happens if things don't improve re Sisu.
Think much hinges on the JR on June 10.
Let's face it, 4 or 5 years sliding nowhere with Sisu OR getting behind a new Coventry team - playing at the Ricoh, crowds growing.
Massive potential.
Even if Sisu got their act together, built a ground in Meriden say, takes them five years. A club like Sphinx could be in the League by then.
I don't believe for one minute they will a new ground, just faff around as they try to break ACL.
As I've constantly said, I want CCFC to be free of Sisu and thriving, but Sphinx or an AFC is a big alternative.

Agreed.

If true, I dont get why SISU / CCFC are waiting for the JR and its appeals, it will make little difference. They have moved on, and as such should be buying land, digging foundations etc WHILST the court case is going on, not after it !

ccfctommy

Don't get me wrong. Fair play and good luck to Cov Sphinx and Cov United but United do not even have a proper ground and play bottom of the rung, non league. Even if they played at the Ricoh, crowds would be small. And how much would they pay to play their?

I would only support a Phoenix CCFC if the current team cease to exist. Until then i'm a Coventry City supporter. And i'm looking forward to my next game away to Sheffield United.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread