Coventry United F.C. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Generations

Coventry Observer are reporting that a new football club has been formed by disgrunyled fans who will not support any move away from Coventry.

Peter Ndlovu's brother will play for them as they start life 9 divisions lower than League 1.

If they are successful and if Coventry City as we know it survives but continues on an ever downward curve,

we could be playing them in 3 seasons..

mattylad

Nope, I'm pretty sure Hitler did invade Poland. It was in the papers and everything.
like the moon landings some on here will probably try and tell you that the second world war never happened and was just filmed in a studio Otis

Gray

Ha actually just saw the article. Might go watch them next season if I can't watch cov

Otis

The Daily Mail, 1970, page 5, just under an article about coloured chaps coming over here from the Indies and taking all our bus driving jobs.

6 Generations

The Daily Mail, 1970, page 5, just under an article about coloured chaps coming over here from the Indies and taking all our bus driving jobs.

So even the Daily Mail took a year to catch up on 'man's alleged cosmic adventures.

Apparently the atmosphere up there resembles The Ricoh !!!

Otis

A year behind is pretty good for the Mail. They are usually at least 30 years behind in their thinking.

6 Generations

A year behind is pretty good for the Mail. They are usually at least 30 years behind in their thinking.

And obviously, the Coventry Observer lags behind the Coventry Telegraph by 3 weeks.

I could not support any other team than Coventry City F.C. anyway, and that is only if they play in Coventry, but i do understand the frustration of the fans, who have indulged in the creation of 'United'.

It's a rubbish name, though.

Otis

And obviously, the Coventry Observer lags behind the Coventry Telegraph by 3 weeks.

I could not support any other team than Coventry City F.C. anyway, and that is only if they play in Coventry, but i do understand the frustration of the fans, who have indulged in the creation of 'United'.

It's a rubbish name, though.

No idea why they came up with such a dull, soulless name.

6 Generations

No idea why they came up with such a dull, soulless name.

I can only imagine that it conjures up the impression of 'unity' in our stance as fans of never supporting any move to play outside of Coventry.

Coventry Phoenix or even Coventry Pride might be more apt.

torchomatic

What unity? With one side calling the others "scabs" and worse for supporting CCFC.

I can only imagine that it conjures up the impression of 'unity' in our stance as fans of never supporting any move to play outside of Coventry.

Coventry Phoenix or even Coventry Pride might be more apt.

mark82

I'm getting sick this coventry united bollox, there is only one ccfc and we are far from finished yet contrary to some drama queens on here......

It's not really a Phoenix/breakaway club. It's a local non league club formed by 4 blokes who support CCFC. No different to Cov sphinx, Cov Copsewood or any other Coventry team. They are just trying to use the current situation to try to pull punters in. Fair play to them.

Just don't refer to them as a true breakaway/Phoenix club FFS because they are not. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about here mate.

If CCFC move out of Coventry I see a true breakaway club being formed. Wait until then to start crying into your beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread