Coventry Telegraph (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just wondering if there is any chance of the CT's headline on Monday being ....

'Bad day for the city's sporting teams and Wasps also lost.'

Funny you say that, this is what happens when you try to read about the Royal Visit today.

wasps.JPG

Looks just a bit desperate.

ajsccfc

The thing about good advertising is that it needs to be subtle. Subtle and mild. Mild, like that first splash of sun on an April morning. Yes, Tweek Bros. Coffee is coffee the way it should be.

Nick

Administrator
Honestly not sure what is desperate about getting your brand out there as much as possible.

The logo takes up the whole page on a large screen monitor, there is no call to action and it seems it's just had the first Wasps logo from google images plastered on there so it looks desperate.

It also means as they seem to want to get money from Wasps to sponsor things as low down as live blogs, they aren't going to want to piss them off in their reporting ;)

Captain Dart

Funny you say that, this is what happens when you try to read about the Royal Visit today.

View attachment 8828

Looks just a bit desperate.
mosquito-spray.jpg

ccfcway

The logo takes up the whole page on a large screen monitor, there is no call to action and it seems it's just had the first Wasps logo from google images plastered on there so it looks desperate.

It also means as they seem to want to get money from Wasps to sponsor things as low down as live blogs, they aren't going to want to piss them off in their reporting ;)

They can do what like like for all I care. Call it the wasps telegraph and print it in black and yellow. Wouldn’t make me read it anymore or less.

It’s a poor paper with very little of interest in it, even for someone like me who still likes to read every day about what i happening in my boyhood city.

Surely an opportunity for les Reid et al to step up ?

Nick

Administrator
There's a gap in the market, but it then comes down to paying the wages.

I would happily subscribe and pay a tenner a month to a decent news outlet, the same as I do with Sky Blues Player for the videos etc.

Captain Dart

Spell checks OK, What's the issue?

Otis

All well and good if it was up to sex men, but the article was actually up to six men.

oucho

Personally I hate the CT's use of headlines like "This player has played his last game for Coventry City" but you have to click into the article to find out who they're talking about*.....why not do the headline as "Jordan McGuire-Drew set to leave Coventry City due to injury", just as they would in the print edition? Oh, wait, they're obsessed with clicks. I purposely do not click on such articles now.

I know it's far from being just the CT who do this, but they are particular shockers for it!

* Yes I know the article headline was accompanied by a picture of JMD but in many cases that wouldn't be the case, it'd be a close-up of MR or the fans or something...

wingy

As they were at 6 o'clock and 7 o'clock if you had bothered to get up. ;)
I was up but somehow didn't clock it till I posted .
Probably because I was Channel hopping to see how Susan was this morning.
Besides that BBC breakfast is getting bloody predictable, repetitive and boring.

Otis

I was up but somehow didn't clock it till I posted .
Probably because I was Channel hopping to see how Susan was this morning.
Besides that BBC breakfast is getting bloody predictable, repetitive and boring.
Does your missus know about this Susan?

Users who are viewing this thread