Coventry Telegraph Reporting (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

How utterly crap has this been.

Do we think the club have restricted access to the CT?

Nothing worthwhile has been reported for years.
Reporters who have studied journalism for a lifetime subjected to regurgitating national press speculation and trying (and failing) to run stories from this site.

Yes it's nice when transfers are completed silently, but where's the cutting edge investigative journalism?

Absolute trash of a local paper

mark82

Thing is, the club have their own media channels now so will release actual news themselves. The club aren't going to release information to the CET beforehand (and if they do it will be embargoed until an agreed release time).

Reactions: AOM

mark82

We must be one of the only teams in the Championship who don’t have a capable local reporter who actually finds out stuff. We only ever hear about transfers from the other end or when they’re officially announced.
Not sure, most areas are the same. I live in Yorkshire, same round here for local teams.

RoboCCFC90

They are poor and their decline has been abysmal.

I remember the days they used to attend Pre-Season training camps and the only way you'd find out by new signings is through Cov Telegraph.

I know that in previous years that the relationship between Cov Live and CCFC did sour and there was a point where CCFC wouldn't allow them at Ryton.

Now Cov Live are reduced to rehashing existing rumours from Twitter and other news outlets who are getting the news first.

Always liked Andy Turner personally having conversated with him several times over the years, but even some of his reporting has been wayward for a while.

Never forget Cov Live reporting a false retained list while Mowbray was in charge that was probably the peak low :ROFLMAO:

covhead1

The CT has been rubbish for years so why expect anything like good journalism from that joke of a newspaper!

AOM

Are Coventry Telegraph any worse than all the other local papers run by the same company (isn't it Trinity Group)?
From what I've seen of other local news sites, they all follow that awful unreadable mess of a format online, and it's just all clickbait and ads

AOM

Also on the same subject, has there ever been a ridiculous rumour on this site that has made it on the CET?

letsallsingtogether

Yawn how many times has this shit popped up give it a rest.

Gynnsthetonic

That Andy Turner needs a proper job, what he actually does is anyones guess, I really don't know how he gets paid.

Winny the Bish

Turner has fully given up. He doesn’t even try to find transfer rumours first anymore, just let’s other journos do the job for him.

I understand that he’s changed from a proper newspaper journalist to a bastardised “content creator” under Reach, but it’s still sad to see him not even try during the transfer window. Fella just turns up for work, writes two crappy stories he’s ripped from another website, and collects his paycheck.

mullingar

Local newspapers have been struggling for some time. They are run on a shoestring. It is completely unfair to single out Andy Turner and the CET. They held a principled if populist line with SISU and got punished for it. Mirror Group are trying to make a go of it, but there is a reasonable case to be made for subsidising local media, given their importance for local democracy and cultural growth

Deity

We must be one of the only teams in the Championship who don’t have a capable local reporter who actually finds out stuff. We only ever hear about transfers from the other end or when they’re officially announced.
Sadly not true.

I whole heartedly agree re how poor the CET coverage is but if you look at other regional titles they are now all much of a muchness. They are mainly owned by the same company, Reach PLC.

These titles are struggling to survive now. No one buys cars, houses, etc from their local paper anymore, the internet killed that, and it was these ads that largely made them profitable.

AFCCOVENTRY

CT is utter crap shit. They need to do more investigative journalism into key areas such as, WHY is the window is broken on the boot room door?

RegTheDonk

Local newspapers have been struggling for some time. They are run on a shoestring. It is completely unfair to single out Andy Turner and the CET. They held a principled if populist line with SISU and got punished for it. Mirror Group are trying to make a go of it, but there is a reasonable case to be made for subsidising local media, given their importance for local democracy and cultural growth
Principles went out of the window when they cuddled up to Wasps. "Local" newspaper, what a laugh.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

CT is utter crap shit. They need to do more investigative journalism into key areas such as, WHY is the window is broken on the boot room door?

It's not a local news paper any more.

Travs

This is very true.

I have a close relative who has recently left the company. They are very good on a personal level, but the overseeing group (Mirror) slice the budget almost yearly, there aren't enough staff and those there are, are massively overworked, constant threat of redundancy,

*all of the above my opinion of course from a relatively close position.

Users who are viewing this thread