Coventry Sport - a show of unity (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

Hi All. I posted this earlier in the FB group and amazingly caused no argument. It was suggested I spread the word here:

Please remove if not appropriate for this forum. Please note I don't want to turn this into another SISU/Wasps debate. I think despite large differences in opinion, we can all agree that Coventry Rugby Club are the Rugby Club for Coventry. How about we choose one game next season for some cross sport fan unity for the city and attend a Rugby game at the Butts. I wouldn't suggest we wear CCFC shirts but perhaps a sky blue scarf? It might be something we could liaise with the supporters group on perhaps through our own supporters group? Just an idea anyway...

chiefdave

I have a feeling this was suggested before and the CRFC fans weren't keen but if they're onboard its a great idea.

christonabike

No fook em they don’t want us playing at their gaff why should we? Not been entirely helpful.
I’m out on this one.

Only kidding folkes!

ccfc1234

I would be delighted to see a CRFC game. When the fixtures come out maybe someone can see what weekends we have off and suggest a game.
The sooner Wasps become nomadic again the better.

rob9872

The only issue I have is that they tend to play when we do, home or away. Select a game when we're not playing on a Saturday and I'll go.

Reactions: TTG

clint van damme

I've promised myself I'm going to a Cov game next year, (though I have been saying that for ages), so would happily make it this one

Otis

The only issue I have is that they tend to play when we do, home or away. Select a game when we're not playing on a Saturday and I'll go.
I think this will obviously be more for those with no attention of attending any City games should we move.

I would definitely be up for a game despite never having been to a rugby game before.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Seen more people at the Ricoh last season wearing Coventry rugby scarfs and hats in the winter than I’ve ever seen before. From the majority of city fans I speak to they don’t agree with the rugby version of mk dons being in the city.

Covkid1968#

I always go a few games.... good day having a beer usually live band after. It’s quality. Choose a big game like. Newcastle or local team. I’m def up for this... during the pre Robins crap days it was the only time I get mates who used to go up the city out.... now they are starting to creep back... fecking glory hunters

Kneeza

I have a feeling this was suggested before and the CRFC fans weren't keen but if they're onboard its a great idea.
Were they not? Never heard that tbf (as a crfc ST holder of many years).
The more City fans down there the better imo. Bedford game might be a good starting place as they travel quite well, so let's swamp them (while wearing CCFC and CRFC scarves).

ccfcway

Would it not make sense for the Rubgy club to give to cov united fans tickets and vice versa

Kneeza

Would it not make sense for the Rubgy club to give to cov united fans tickets and vice versa
Possibly, but not for me. I'd not watch United, but otoh I wouldn't be against United fans coming to Cov games.
Limited appeal given their level of support though, so doubt there'd be much of an uptake.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think an issue you’ll find is, from my experience of city fans this forum is way more interested in rugby than your average fan. I have absolutely zero interest in rugby and would pretty much rather watch any other sport. If it was for a protest I may find myself attending but I would guarantee no one I go with could be arsed. Anyone not from Coventry is going to have to travel to the city (cost & time), to watch a game they really don’t want to (cost & time) with the added potential of missing a city away game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Rugby hardly gets my interest, but it’s not the most boring. That’d be Cricket, Darts (pub game, not a sport), Tennis. Yaaawwwn. But yes, if we’re out of Cov I’ll probably take up a few Cov rugby games.

Terry_dactyl

Possibly, but not for me. I'd not watch United, but otoh I wouldn't be against United fans coming to Cov games.
Limited appeal given their level of support though, so doubt there'd be much of an uptake.
Right. I clearly need updating. Are cov Utd an actual ‘thing’ now? Do they get decent attendances? I’d assumed they were just a well organised Sunday league team?

Tommo1993

Right. I clearly need updating. Are cov Utd an actual ‘thing’ now? Do they get decent attendances? I’d assumed they were just a well organised Sunday league team?

In 2017/18 their average attendance was 229. Still think it’s just a fad tbh.

oscillatewildly

I'd urge as many as poss to get along to watch CRFC. I've been an occasional attendee for the last three decades - working it around City fixtures but I've had a ST for the last two seasons at BPA.
Difficult to convince anyone if they can't stand the sport (I hated it with a passion as a kid and well into my teens) but the whole day is a great social one.

letsallsingtogether

I'd urge as many as poss to get along to watch CRFC. I've been an occasional attendee for the last three decades - working it around City fixtures but I've had a ST for the last two seasons at BPA.
Difficult to convince anyone if they can't stand the sport (I hated it with a passion as a kid and well into my teens) but the whole day is a great social one.
Must admit the atmosphere is not the best but the supporters are great friendly can have a skin full without having the urge to kick your head in.
I will go and will get a ST for Cov if City move away.

Seamus1

I have certainly enjoyed going to see Cov a few times over recent years and will definitely be going again next year. I personally find it nice to see the respect from players to fans and how you can chat with the players after the game.

May I suggest though that if this call to get a group of CCFC fans to go to one game gains traction then not to use the Newcastle game as the one to all try to attend. This game will already see a big attendance, so it would be great to get a big attendance at one of the “lesser” games.

If we maybe want to turn people away from Wasps, thus depriving them money, maybe we could chip in and get some match tickets for kids and parents (like we did with a few ST last season), although to be honest I doubt this suggestion will be popular

Covstu

Happily attend a Cov rugby game for a novelty but I really cannot stand the sport so will turn into a piss up!

Users who are viewing this thread