Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yeah, thought McNulty and knew Maisey was local.

Hopefully a few more renewing in the next few weeks!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was it today the Prem chairmen we’re meeting to discuss (propose) ringfencing, interesting how desperate the Bristol chairman has become, shame on him considering where they were a couple of years ago......

They are not safe either so I hope they go down!

Kneeza

Yes, earlier today I believe.
I used to have a real soft spot for Bris, and we had so many ex-Bris players in the nineties (Eves, Horrobin, Blackmore, Patten, Sharp, Knibbs, etc etc - I even sold a house to an ex-Bris player!). But no more. They've become pariahs now. Fck em.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I see our friends at Bristol have loaned Hartpury 5 players ahead of Saturday’s game as Bristol’s first team or ‘A’ team don’t have a game.

Kneeza

Yes, as expected. Underhand on the part of both clubs, but it's what happens in an underfunded league such as this. We'll live with it.
15 point win.

Ashdown

I see our friends at Bristol have loaned Hartpury 5 players ahead of Saturday’s game as Bristol’s first team or ‘A’ team don’t have a game.
That's appalling really. This game is quite important to us now and could be the game that consolidates our place at this level for next season . I shall be going to the BPA and hope we can take revenge for that reverse at their place.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That's appalling really. This game is quite important to us now and could be the game that consolidates our place at this level for next season . I shall be going to the BPA and hope we can take revenge for that reverse at their place.

Exactly, 9 out of their squad tomorrow loans, 4 out of 5 of the Bristol lot start 1 on the bench.

Hopefully with City away (Hartpury will bring only a few dozen I would imagine) hopefully the crowd will be around 2,200!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Coventry Rugby:

1. James Gibbons
  2. Scott Tolmie
  3. Phil Boulton ©
  4. Scott Russell
  5. George Oram
  6. Dan Faleafa
  7. Ben Nutley
  8. Ben Adams
  9. Tom Kessell
  10. Will Maisey
  11. Andy Bulumakau
  12. Heath Stevens
  13. Rob Knox
  14. Junior Bulumakau
  15. David Halaifonua
Replacements:

1. Phil Nilsen
  2. Charlie Beech
  3. Donald Brighouse
  4. Tom Jubb
  5. Latu Makaafi
  6. Pete White
  7. Dan Lewis

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Rare start for Scott Russell.

Really interesting game this v Hartpury I’d expect us to win by 20+ points

But v a South West Select XV who knows, hopefully the new lads aren’t up to speed yet and dont impact the outcome of the game!

Kneeza

Exactly, 9 out of their squad tomorrow loans, 4 out of 5 of the Bristol lot start 1 on the bench.

Hopefully with City away (Hartpury will bring only a few dozen I would imagine) hopefully the crowd will be around 2,200!
Few dozen? Maybe if all their WaGs turn up!
Don't fret. We're going to absolutely smash Hartpury/Bristol/Gloucester/Worcester.
They won't know what's hit them.

Kneeza

Eric, and Geordie, and the rest of them.
It'll still be a mudpit though.
Which won't suit the visitors one iota. They're used to something more akin to the Centre Court than a spud field.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is Hartpurys pitch 4G?

Carnegie winning at Nottingham tonight, Donny don’t win at 2nd place Ealing tomorrow and Cov get a BP win we’ll be sitting in the top half by 5 o’clock

Ashdown

I'm not sure about all this over zealous confidence cos as a City fan as well I know shit 'appens !! ......,but I hope you're right !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cov fortunate to win, 24-17 (4-1)

Poor game only highlight was the superb reffing of JP Doyle who was a class above anything on the pitch.

Oram MOTM for me.

Kneeza

Doyle and Cov both had poor games IMO.
He's better than that. Missed several forward passes, and struggled at scrum time (and was mugged by the Hartpury front row at least once).
Still, we're all allowed an off-day. Even Cov, who didn't get out of bed until ten past four.
Pleased for the Sky Blues though. Solid side now, just looking for a regular Hudson/Gould/Wallace/Fergie it seems.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Again the assistant refs don’t offer any help to the refs at this level, not sure if they’re told but in Nat 1 they’d work as a team it appeared but hey ho.

Ten past four is being generous haha, thought Lewis was superb when he came on, changed the dynamic and opened up the game.

Looks like we’re in a battle for anywhere between 6th-10th now, I think we’ll end up dropping to 8th/9th but that’ll do for season one.

Free hit at LI next week hopefully we don’t get too much of a stuffing or pick up any injuries, ahead of the Richmond game in 3 weeks, that has to be a a win and a BP at that ideally.

I assume that was Nilsens swan song?

Ashdown

I enjoyed my afternoon in this area of Cov once again. Always a friendly welcome from the landlords and locals of these pubs. Great beer, great batches, football on the TV, all makes for a nice lunchtime, then off to the BPA. We were lucky with perfect seats and I enjoyed the match. It wasn't a classic but it was close enough to be a contest. Hartpury were obviously aided by a myriad of loanees { they seemed to be warming up all over the place }. Always a lift to see a Cov team win and consolidate ourselves now in a tougher league.
Oh and on a CCFC note, great win for City as well..........but by jove you wouldn't want to be playing the beautiful game on that pitch in February, it make the Ricoh look like a snooker table !!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cov away at London Irish tomorrow.
Not surprisingly Cov have rested and rotated key players prioritising the home game v Richmond in a couple of weeks.

Any points are a bonus tomorrow.

Can’t see them getting anything out of the game, London Irish by 20 odd point margin I reckon.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Hartpury who Cov played last week are playing Richmond (bottom v 2nd bottom) on sky tonight (winning 17-5 at ht), Hartpury had 9 loans v Cov last Saturday, 11 tonight!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Tomorrow’s team- very strong bench
https://bit.ly/2H7Eq9X

Interesting game tomorrow Richmond fighting for their lives, big side, conditions will suit them.

Still fancy Cov to win by 15 points but I wouldn’t be too upset if we win and get the win BP and Richmond pick up 2 bonus points to help in their battle to avoid the drop with ‘Hartpury’ and their side of loans!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Looking like it’ll remain dry for the game which will play into Cov’s favour, really think this could be a cracker today!
Those not going to Accy this’ll be worth a trip up the BPA for!
Cov side pretty ruthless at home, playing a side fighting for their lives, Prem ref (which going by this season makes a difference to how the games managed!), beers, entertainment what more do you want!

Users who are viewing this thread