Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just seen an update on the injured Moseley player who tried to stop Halaifonua
“Glued his head and fractured his ankle. Possible ligament damage to.”

I noticed a steward came out with a jug of water so thought there must have been blood on the pitch, didn’t realise his ankle had been injured also poor lad.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wasps are playing Ulster at the Ricoh the night before I think. 1200 is fantastic for a friendly, I guess there could be actually more v Wasps, even with a second string playing for them.

You’d like to think so, could see over 2k to be honest.

Club should say anyone who attends the wasps game can get into the Jerse game (first league game the Saturday after) for a tenner.

Westendlad

Just seen an update on the injured Moseley player who tried to stop Halaifonua
“Glued his head and fractured his ankle. Possible ligament damage to.”

I noticed a steward came out with a jug of water so thought there must have been blood on the pitch, didn’t realise his ankle had been injured also poor lad.
What....Glued his head back on ??

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Highlights from Saturday

40 seconds In is the massive hit but they’ve slowed it down so you can’t see the real speed he was running at!

1:40 his next run I thought he deliberately took the tackle but it appears he slows and then stumbles into the guy.

wingy

Not CRFC related but I see a young French player died on Saturday seemingly as the result of a huge impact in the tackle.
Walked off the field and went to dressing room ,said he felt faint and then was gone
Bloody sad, about 22-23, youth or B player, had been been with Montpellier youth early on in his career.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not CRFC related but I see a young French player died on Saturday seemingly as the result of a huge impact in the tackle.
Walked off the field and went to dressing room ,said he felt faint and then was gone
Bloody sad, about 22-23, youth or B player, had been been with Montpellier youth early on in his career.

I did see that story very sad, you can’t help but think with the size of the players now thisll be more ‘common’, concussion will certainly become a more prevailint career ender as well unfortunately!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Neck stuck out - I'm going with a top-four finish this term.

It was hard not to get carried away after Saturday just seeing the depth of the squad and the fact the new additions appear to be on another level!

I’m sure an opening day defeats, a dozen injuries will put paid to that haha!

From the little I’ve seem and bits I’ve heard Championship rugby will be more of the spoiling sort, up front physical, not the throw it around style we’ve played and seen bits of in N1, it’ll be interesting to see if RW adapts to that or tries to keep Cov playing on the boundaries of ‘risk & reward’, whilst adapting to Cov to a more championship style at times?

Ashdown

It was hard not to get carried away after Saturday just seeing the depth of the squad and the fact the new additions appear to be on another level!

I’m sure an opening day defeats, a dozen injuries will put paid to that haha!

From the little I’ve seem and bits I’ve heard Championship rugby will be more of the spoiling sort, up front physical, not the throw it around style we’ve played and seen bits of in N1, it’ll be interesting to see if RW adapts to that or tries to keep Cov playing on the boundaries of ‘risk & reward’, whilst adapting to Cov to a more championship style at times?
I hope we try and continue to play more decent running Rugby. .......if it turns too dull I'll have to do more matches up the City !!

Kneeza

I'm not basing my thoughts on Saturday's performance, which was somewhat undercooked, for all the right reasons, IMO.
No, it's based on the squad assembled thus far, boosted by momentum and a level of team spirit I've not seen there since the seventies - or possibly ever. Nick Walshe has proved himself as the best coach at L3 by a country mile. I can't see him going backwards. And with the coaching/rehab team assembled under him, all the ingredients are there (notwithstanding a ridiculously high attrition rate through injuries, but you just can't legislate for imponderables).
With a short period of acclimatization, boosted by a very tough run-out next weekend in Ireland, we'll be good.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Sad news to see Nile Dacres is out for the season after reputuring his ACL against Moseley the other week, he walked off so I thought it wasn’t that bad at the time.
With George Oram still out 2 of my top 3 picks for player of the season last year both missing.

Darren Dawidiuk The new hooker out for 8-10 weeks after reputuring his bicep, fortunately plenty of cover in that position with Nilsen and Tolmie but a blow all the same.

Covkid1968#

Was told Saturday is a sell out - I'm on the beer all day and that was featuring as part of a day of staggering around like a twat.

Ashdown

I pre ordered tickets for this. 4000 capacity so can't see a sell out but it could be very busy with Cov fielding a very strong side as well. It could see over 3000 +,.................................................. Shite on the Cuckoos !!!...........Oh yeah you can't do that at the Rugby can you !?

Kneeza

New 6”10 lock coming in do you know who it is Kneeza?
Sorry, been away and unable to access the web for a while.
Yes, but can't think of his name* atm. 6'9" seems closer, but who's splitting hairs? He's a younger (I think) lad from Northampton, and is on loan to cover for Dacres, so I imagine he could be with us all/most of the season.
Tickets pre-sold so far for tomorrow, 1800+, but as this includes STHs, I have no idea how many are going to be there. I'd guess in the region of 2,200, but don't quote me.

*Edit: Alex Moon. (Not common knowledge just yet, so it's just between you and me ;) ).

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

I pre ordered tickets for this. 4000 capacity so can't see a sell out but it could be very busy with Cov fielding a very strong side as well. It could see over 3000 +,.................................................. Shite on the Cuckoos !!!...........Oh yeah you can't do that at the Rugby can you !?

...because the cuckoos are shiiiiiiiite........I think the BPA might be in need of a song today.!!!!

wingy

Well I'm not going to make
This new floor nearly has me beat
Different profiles to every edge
Cutting it round chimney breast and then hearth , then just enough to go under the skirting and back the other way again
A brain that's suited to thinking in reverse and upside down is not coming naturally to me
Dry rot and beetles have had a field day just cos some bandit built an extension and blocked all the air bricks!!

Reactions: vow

Norman Binns

It was only Wasps academy, made out Wasps were doing Cov a favour for getting fans there.
Nothing of the sort. I listened to the after match report by John Butler. It was his usual honest appraisal as anyone who know's John Butler would expect. Although a good result for Cov, he wasn't overplaying the significance of the result by stating that it was against the Wasps academy which is true. Would you prefer that he lied and said it was Wasps 1st XV? I don't recall any mention of Wasps doing Cov a favour for getting fans there either.

It's all in your head Nick with this fixation you have with Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing of the sort. I listened to the after match report by John Butler. It was his usual honest appraisal as anyone who know's John Butler would expect. Although a good result for Cov, he wasn't overplaying the significance of the result by stating that it was against the Wasps academy which is true. Would you prefer that he lied and said it was Wasps 1st XV? I don't recall any mention of Wasps doing Cov a favour for getting fans there either.

It's all in your head Nick with this fixation you have with Wasps.

Wasps should make it a yearly thing as it really seems to have benefitted Cov then going on about the attendance? First thing he said was that it was Wasps Academy.

It isn't in my head, listening to it was clearly put across that way. From somebody who knows not much about Rugby that was the impression he gave.

Users who are viewing this thread