COVENTRY RFC 20 -21 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

A little chink of light for Cov, maybe, with the recent Supreme Court ruling that Insurance companies must pay out for Business Disruption claims made during the first lockdown.
Given the huge cut in income caused by the pandemic, this could be a gamechanger.

wingy

So Will be starting their season in March, albeit in a reduced Championship due to some clubs not having the means to risk making a loss on it.

Kneeza

So Will be starting their season in March, albeit in a reduced Championship due to some clubs not having the means to risk making a loss on it.
TBH, they're going to make a loss on it, but Cov and probably some others have decided to take the Sport England loan to tide them over for a while. Not ideal, and personally I'd rather they ditched the season and start again, hopefully with reasonable crowds, in September.
Still, as I have my ST, I'll be watching the online match streams. Just hope they have a reasonably competitive team though, as currently they look very lightweight in the tight five. Without considerable bolstering they'll get mullered by Sarries, Ealing, and probably Bedford with all their Northampton DRs and loanees.

Kneeza

Jersey added to Cov's pre-season fixture list.
BPA, 13th Feb, 2pm ko.
(BCD as expected).

Edit: Now removed from the website, so it sounds like maybe someone jumped the gun?

Last edited:

Kneeza

Been told that the Jersey friendly will be reinstated today, assuming some travel niggles are sorted out. Negotiations between Jersey RFC and Jersey govt regarding covid security.

Kneeza

Sam Lewis (lock/back row) in on loan from Leicester Tigers.
Good catch, that, and very much needed.

Edit - they appear to have had a change of heart and announced the other six incoming DRs too, presumably after seeing that Leicester had let the cat out of the bag...
Couple of locks, a scrum half, a fly half, a prop, and a back row. All look pretty useful.
More

Last edited:

Kneeza

Yes, 34-33.
Scoreline irrelevant, but good to get some game time into legs after the best part of a year.
Some well-worked tries too.

Kneeza

It was a defeat, but a fairly impressive performance all round, but especially from the pack, who had their oppo on the rack time and time again, scoring four tries while doing so.
Add to that a well worked backs try from Wilko and White, and the Premiership outfit will be left wondering if they need to get the rest of their internationals in the side sharpish.
Had they had slightly more of the decisions from Sir, and not gone down to fourteen when already tiring, who knows how close Cov would've have got?
Cov's hastily-assembled, and young, squad certainly turned a few heads.
Round two under the BPA lights on Friday.

Kneeza

It'll be interesting to see if Cornish Pirates react well or badly to last week's home defeat, but I'm taking Cov to extend their winning run - hopefully with a five-pointer - this afternoon (edit: I did of course mean tomorrow afternoon. Duh).
Downside is that Tiki Nayalo misses out, and for the rest of the season, with a busted collarbone. He's been one of the outstanding players so far.
Nutley also misses, as he and his partner are expecting an addition to the family this weekend, so back row resources are slightly stretched.
They'll be fine though.

Last edited:

Kneeza

A decision is expected (I say expected advisedly) today on the Environmental Impact Assessment for the new developments at the Butts Park Arena.
The club and the developer, IDP, are expecting it to be nodded through, and therefore no requirement for EIA, hopefully.

The development incudes:
- A 120 bed hotel at the Butts Rd end, including bars, dining, match hospitality and viewing (and a terrace overlooking the pitch).
- A 140 unit residential development on the west (park) side, with parking under and a covered terrace to the pitch side.
- A drive-through coffee shop adjacent to the existing vehicle access at the front of the site.
- Landscaping, parking, and highways improvements.

Fingers crossed.

Kneeza

Cracking results yesterday.
Didn't realise there will be fans next week or have I misconstrued.

Yes, they were superb on Saturday. Without doubt the best performance all season.
And yes, 1400 permitted next Saturday, seated and standing. It's a bit of a loss-leader given the extra costs involved over a 'normal' game, but they just want to get people in for the final home game.

SBAndy

Yes, they were superb on Saturday. Without doubt the best performance all season.
And yes, 1400 permitted next Saturday, seated and standing. It's a bit of a loss-leader given the extra costs involved over a 'normal' game, but they just want to get people in for the final home game.

Likely to be able to get a ticket? Not been for a good while but given the football season is done I’d be keen to go.

scottccfc

tickets are still available for saturdays game against saracens bubble of 2 and bubble of 4 tickets still available

Kneeza

tickets are still available for saturdays game against saracens bubble of 2 and bubble of 4 tickets still available
Yes, they updated as some that had been reserved came up again. A mate and his lad missed out initially but now has tickets, so he's smiling.

Kneeza

Or, do it from here.
(And as it says, ground tickets now completely sold ou).

Users who are viewing this thread