Coventry parkrun (1 Viewer)

Rich

46 minutes for 5km and running? Maybe she was running on the spot for 20 of them!

Gawd knows. I can't get my head around how it can be physically possible to run slower than walking pace.

Rich

Good to see you again mate. He's getting there. Good on him. I had to stop after one lap as I couldn't breathe. Think I need to go see the doc again about this asthma that I've developed. My lungs just couldn't deal with the cold unfortunately.

CCFCKirky

So where does this park run start from? The reason I ask is I am trying to train for the Coventry half marathon and if I can do this most weeks then it will really help me.

LastGarrison

Right by the memorial in the centre of the Memorial Park.

It's only 5k but will help you get into the swing of things.

ajsccfc

With the recent sugar tax they have to make sure everybody's being fleeced on both sides. Once they work out what to fine people who run on their own and drink sugar free pop they're set.

skybluelee

Is parking plentiful and close to the start of the course? I am planning to leave at stupid o'clock from Weymouth and would like to know that if I rock up at 5 to 9 I will be able to get a space and still make the start line.

Cheers

J

Jack Griffin

Is parking plentiful and close to the start of the course? I am planning to leave at stupid o'clock from Weymouth and would like to know that if I rock up at 5 to 9 I will be able to get a space and still make the start line.

Cheers

Here is the circuit, it starts at the green marker, comprises 2 laps anti-clockwise & finishes at the red marker.
The main car park is where the big P is! 5 mins is cutting it too fine, I would allow 10.
If you are running a bit late then simply walk up to the start along the course & join in as the stampede passes you.

covpar10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

skybluelee

Here is the circuit, it starts at the green marker, comprises 2 laps anti-clockwise & finishes at the red marker.
The main car park is where the big P is! 5 mins is cutting it too fine, I would allow 10.
If you are running a bit late then simply walk up to the start along the course & join in as the stampede passes you.

covpar10.jpg

Thanks Jack. Does the car park fill up?

LastGarrison

No, they'll be plenty of room but as most people have said it is a bit of a walk to the start but if you got there at 08:50 you'd be fine.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just out of interest how many miles would a lap of the entire park be?

skybluelee

Thanks all, see you at the start line. I presume I won't be the only one of the 600 runners in a City shirt, unlike every other Saturday when I do the Weymouth one?

skybluelee

So turns out even in Coventry I am the only runner in a City shirt!

Really nice course (never been to Memorial Park before) and I beat my parkrun by 1 second so happy days.

Rich

Just for information. Bedworth parkrun starts tomorrow. Course is a bit shut but it's nice to have an alternative to the cov one.

Rich

There's now been 3 Bedworth Parkruns and it's going really well. 95 runners this week, so it wasn't difficult to run at your own pace, a problem I found at Cov due to so many people taking part.
Anyone that's got the slightest bit of interest in running/getting fit should give it a go.

@Sky Blue Pete are you and Sam still running?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There's now been 3 Bedworth Parkruns and it's going really well. 95 runners this week, so it wasn't difficult to run at your own pace, a problem I found at Cov due to so many people taking part.
Anyone that's got the slightest bit of interest in running/getting fit should give it a go.

@Sky Blue Pete are you and Sam still running?

Where does the Bedworth one start? Might give it a go

bezzer

I've been doing the Rugby Parkrun for a year now. I've also done the Daventry one and the Dolgellau one. They're great for improving your fitness and racing against yourself. Still to go below 26 minutes though.....

Rich

Where does the Bedworth one start? Might give it a go
Starts over the back just past the tennis courts.

Nearest landmark is probably the cricket Score building.

I did post the course plan from the Parkrun website, but it's nowhere near correct.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-12_13-33-31.png
    upload_2018-3-12_13-33-31.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Rich

I've been doing the Rugby Parkrun for a year now. I've also done the Daventry one and the Dolgellau one. They're great for improving your fitness and racing against yourself. Still to go below 26 minutes though.....
How many are you up to then? I managed 25.06 and 25.17 on the two Bedworth Park Runs that I did this weekend. (There's an unofficial one on Sunday too).

Only done 8 parkruns, did the first in 2012. Hoping to get the 50 in by the time Bedworth Celebrate 1 year.

Sky Blue Pete

How many are you up to then? I managed 25.06 and 25.17 on the two Bedworth Park Runs that I did this weekend. (There's an unofficial one on Sunday too).

Only done 8 parkruns, did the first in 2012. Hoping to get the 50 in by the time Bedworth Celebrate 1 year.
Sam now done about 135 I’ve done about 165. Knee currently giving me a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread