Coventry Moves Together 20:21 (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Bit bizzare this isn't it

Saddlebrains

Drove past it, a scaffold with red tarpaulin on the back of a 20 year old hilux blaring out shit tunes.

Hardly something the city should be proud of. Then again this is the city where some residents became wasps fans overnight so i shouldn't be suprised that some may have enjoyed it

COV

Drove past it, a scaffold with red tarpaulin on the back of a 20 year old hilux blaring out shit tunes.

Hardly something the city should be proud of. Then again this is the city where some residents became wasps fans overnight so i shouldn't be suprised that some may have enjoyed it

What harm was it doing, and what the hell has it got to do with Wasps? Moan moan moan

clint van damme

The photos I've seen it looked decent but only seen stills no videos.
Was hoping to go into town but had to make an unexpected trim up north

lordy_87

Was mainly refering to the thing at 20:21 when people were playing that music on the radio all at the same time. A few people did it on my street

hill83

Saw a few old cars drive past the city arms, not sure of the exact time. I counted about 8 cars. The was more police cars to block the roads.

At least it was something though.

hill83

And the bike bit with the statue went past but I missed that as I went for a piss

LastGarrison

I’ll say it again.

This city is improving but it’s the absolute fucking pessimistic, whinging, chip on the shoulder, it was all Hitlers fault cunts who inhabit it that hold it back.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't know anything about it. Video looks a bit pants though, that sort. A bit weird amdram preachy type stuff. Properly weird.

Would rather have seen Hill live streamed in the city arms to be honest.

wingy

I found a time capsule in a church I worked on .
Post first world war , I think the mood prevailed even then from the vicar's observations.

publican1990

'The BBC reported that a report by University of Hull in March 2018 found Hull's status as the UK City of Culture attracted more than five million people, £220 million of investment and 800 new jobs.'

This is the bottom line for me. It brings money to the city, it brings people to the city, it brings jobs to the city. There's over 300,000 people in Coventry. Not every event is going to be targeted at you. You might think some things are shite, that's fair enough, it's all about opinions.

Some of the things on the programme aren't my cup of tea, but I appreciate they'll appeal to other people. One of the best things to come out of City of Culture is the renovation of the Daimler Powerhouse which has sat empty for years. A true part of our heritage, bought back to life.

clint van damme

'The BBC reported that a report by University of Hull in March 2018 found Hull's status as the UK City of Culture attracted more than five million people, £220 million of investment and 800 new jobs.'

This is the bottom line for me. It brings money to the city, it brings people to the city, it brings jobs to the city. There's over 300,000 people in Coventry. Not every event is going to be targeted at you. You might think some things are shite, that's fair enough, it's all about opinions.

Some of the things on the programme aren't my cup of tea, but I appreciate they'll appeal to other people. One of the best things to come out of City of Culture is the renovation of the Daimler Powerhouse which has sat empty for years. A true part of our heritage, bought back to life.

Well said. The absolute failure of so many Coventrians to see the bigger picture is astonishing.
I've given the example before of Motofest, I don't have one bit of interest in it but I'm delighted it's held in Cov and grateful for the benefits it brings.

Users who are viewing this thread