Coventry City's worst season ever? (1 Viewer)

jto123

I've supported Coventry city for 15 years now and although it's been full of misery I don't think there's ever been a season as bad as this one.

Are there any City fans (possibly the older ones) who can remember a season worst than that of 11/12?

rob9872

My concern is that in a few years you may look back on this season with nostalgia.

"Remember the days when we had players like David Bell, Roy O'Donovan and Cody MacDonald. We have nobody of that ilk these days"

skybluealan

I'm the same as you, I have been watching Coventry since 1958/59 season. Old 4th Division. We have always had our downs but nothing like this season. BUT the season is not over yet, and everything could change tonight against Leeds.

stnomskyblue

Lucky you, I've been supporting them for nigh on 45 years!

I don't agree that he is lucky. Over the last 15 years there has been nothing but disappointment. Maybe the odd high, like winning at Old Trafford in the cup. But those of us, er, older ones at least we have 1987 and the year we finished 6th - so long ago, I forget the year!

The soothsayer

I'm the same as you, I have been watching Coventry since 1958/59 season. Old 4th Division. We have always had our downs but nothing like this season. BUT the season is not over yet, and everything could change tonight against Leeds.

Your right, it could get fooking worse .sisu seem to want to plumb new depths. I don't no where we go if we get tonked tonight. I think even the players will throw the towel in. there is managed decline and then there is mismanaged decline,then there is sisu. Im keeping my eye open for a big piece clearing her throat .

Had many scary moments over the past few decades but never experienced CCFC so far adrift (8pts) of safety at this stage of the season and with most teams around us with games in hand (Doncaster 2, Forest 1)

Closest to it could be the season (85/85) when we had to win the last three games to stop up - and we did - safety by one point !!!

Stoke A Won 1-0
Luton H Won 1-0
Everton H Won 4-1

Incidently that season we averaged just 12,862 gates with seven games falling below 10,000 !!!

Current average 14,000 ish - makes you think.

PUSB

Skyblueloyal

Watched them for over 40 years and I can't remember a season worse than this one.

ccfc2011

The only was is up.

coundonskyblue

Statistically the worst season was 1919-20 when we got just 29 points (under the old 2 pts for a win), they won 9, lost 22, drew 11 out of 42 games. They stayed up that year, finishing 3rd bottom, apparently after bribing the opposition. (Don't let the plastic geordies hear about that!)

The worst with 3 pts for a win was the prem relegation year with 34 points - W8, D10, L12 out of 38 games.

Statistically the worst season was 1919-20 when we got just 29 points (under the old 2 pts for a win), they won 9, lost 22, drew 11 out of 42 games. They stayed up that year, finishing 3rd bottom, apparently after bribing the opposition. (Don't let the plastic geordies hear about that!)

The worst with 3 pts for a win was the prem relegation year with 34 points - W8, D10, L12 out of 38 games.

It was actually P38 - W8 - D10 - L20
Not..........................W8 - D10 - L12

Sorry for being a stats nerd !!!

PUSB

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

Worst season bar none was relegation in 2000/2001.

The season we lost top flight status after 34 years. We may never get back!

Marty

Worst set of players, led by one of the worst managers, backed by the worst board. What did everyone expect??

mark82

Worst season bar none was relegation in 2000/2001.

The season we lost top flight status after 34 years. We may never get back!

Never???? I think we will eventually. If Wigan & Blackburn can maintain Premier League clubs then we certainly can.

Otis

I think they should extend the league to 28 teams just so we can been even worse and 8 points adrift in 28th place.

Think that's it though. Wouldn't sya 'worse' but poor players, led by a poor manager and one of the worst ever boards.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Worst I can remember. (Since I started supporting them in 1963)

Users who are viewing this thread