Coventry City - What needs to be done (on the pitch that is) (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Undoubtedly we possess the basis of a competitive team

Do we? This squad of players for the past two seasons have done what? I beg to differ on that part. I don't even see a nucleus of a squad yet.

Gint11

What you have highlighted is we are incredibly short of good experienced players. But we already knew that.

LJC_CCFC

Do we? This squad of players for the past two seasons have done what? I beg to differ on that part. I don't even see a nucleus of a squad yet.

Depends what your definition of 'basis' is. For me, six players who I would have as starters is a basis to work off.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Maddison is still not ready to start every game.

come on Nick.....its the Coventry way....lets put him in the spotlight for the first 10 games of the season, watch the inevitable inconsistencies creep in....and then listen out for the boo boys to start around Xmas....

Otis

come on Nick.....its the Coventry way....lets put him in the spotlight for the first 10 games of the season, watch the inevitable inconsistencies creep in....and then listen out for the boo boys to start around Xmas....

You're optimistic aren't you?

As late as Christmas?

Steve.B50

Maddison is still not ready to start every game.

I would agree Nick, but at present we do not have much choice but to throw him in at the deep end, personally I would like to see him as impact player but we are short on numbers.

Might have a nice new kit but would rather we started to get a squad together first.

Nick

Administrator
I would agree Nick, but at present we do not have much choice but to throw him in at the deep end, personally I would like to see him as impact player but we are short on numbers.

Might have a nice new kit but would rather we started to get a squad together first.

We are short of numbers, but it is only the first of July.

If we have the same numbers the day before the season starts then I agree.

Steve.B50

We are short of numbers, but it is only the first of July.

If we have the same numbers the day before the season starts then I agree.

You cannot help but be concerned?
I think if they picked up a few players and showed some willingness to invest I think Season Tickets would increase a great deal. We have first game in 10 days.

LB87ccfc

You cannot help but be concerned?
I think if they picked up a few players and showed some willingness to invest I think Season Tickets would increase a great deal. We have first game in 10 days.

Our under 18's have their first game in 10 days you mean as that is all we have :(

Nick

Administrator
Then the issue is do we just go out and get numbers just for the sake of it and end up with Malaga and Manset all over again or at least do it properly?

I am sure that trialists and potential new players will play in the friendlies before signing too so Mowbray can have a look at them.

Steve.B50

Then the issue is do we just go out and get numbers just for the sake of it and end up with Malaga and Manset all over again or at least do it properly?

I am sure that trialists and potential new players will play in the friendlies before signing too so Mowbray can have a look at them.

No, but surely TM has got his eye on players and done his homework, but if we sign them to late it might be down to desperation, or maybe use the excuse they were not fit ot take time to get into the "match fit programme".

Just hope you are right Nick and it turns out just a little better than last season.

Hobo

I think TM will aim to sign 4 and supplement them with 4 loans. That could be enough with an injury free season and a side playing with confidence.

it also requires development of the youngsters and for them to step up to the challenge when required. We have to endorse the fact that these youngsters are the future.....not slag them off on their debut when playing out of position for the team like Finch.

skybluebeduff

He's been here since March, he should of had an idea already who he wants, we all know his budget is shite, that's the problem.

SlowerThanPlatt

He's been here since March, he should of had an idea already who he wants, we all know his budget is shite, that's the problem.

Well it obviously isn't. It's probably the 5th or 6th largest in this league. Don't worry, by the time we face Wigan we'll have a team which has a good chance of competing I'm sure of it.

LJC_CCFC

Do we? I can't imagine that TM would sign with us unless there was a sufficient budget to work with. There was last season and Pressley pissed the majority of it up the wall.

skybluebeduff

Do we? I can't imagine that TM would sign with us unless there was a sufficient budget to work with. There was last season and Pressley pissed the majority of it up the wall.

Last summer haunts my brain, just hope people are right that we'll fill the void in this depleted squad. People can only guess at the budget we've got.

wingy

Last summer haunts my brain, just hope people are right that we'll fill the void in this depleted squad. People can only guess at the budget we've got.

You would have to assume It's going to be l lower Income from transfers and around £70 less per ST.

wingy

[QUseeOTE=skybluebeduff;929299]Last summer haunts my brain, just hope people are right that we'll fill the void in this depleted squad. People can only guess at the budget we've got.[/QUOTE]

You would have to assume It's going to be lower.
Less in from Transfers and ST's discounted by around £70

skybluebeduff

Exactly mate, which is why I first wrote about our budget being shite, because of it being drastically reduced from last July.

lifeskyblue

Mowbray must have been reasonably satisfied with the budget he was given. He wouldn't have committed himself if not...he would have been high on the list of any vacancy in bottom half premiership or any championship club. He could have waited but didn't.
Will he be able to attract the type of player he wants with that budget only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread