Match Thread Coventry City vs. Walsall Match Thread - Saturday 16th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I noticed last week he's definitely working on being a focal point, coming for the ball. He didn't get caught offside once. Good goal, two strikers in the box for a cross will cause problems anyway.

Quite funny on the Walsall forum, some crank on about Sam Allardyce as their next manager
Noticed he tried to bring it down a couple of times too.

Grendel

Yeah he didn't win that many first half and won more second half.

Just facts.

Didn’t see it myself and I doubt any team who are serious about promotion would have him near their first team. He’s a pretty odd individual

Grendel

pusbccfc

Ricky is waffling again on CWR.

Nick

Administrator
I thought that ref was one of the worst of the season. Shit implementation of the advantage rule, and somehow didn't book their captain who must have committed half a dozenish fouls.

Same as the lino who seemed to miss Thomas getting kicked all over.

It's a shame as I thought Thomas was one of our only players with a bit of fire in his belly but he didn't want the battle at all after that.

Greggs

I thought that ref was one of the worst of the season. Shit implementation of the advantage rule, and somehow didn't book their captain who must have committed half a dozenish fouls.
But he let play go for our second, which was after a dodgy challenge by Jordy. Strange ref

ps1948

I doubt we’ve scored two at home in the first half often this season. Walsall I can’t believe will get back in the game - I think they’ve won 4 in 23 and two are against us - one thanks to bungling Burge
I have previously pointed out that, while Burge was totally to blame for Walsall's first goal - not the second though - the game should have been over a long time before that but the forwards, including JCH missed numerous chances. But hey, let's just concentrate on one (of the many) players you just don't like....

letsallsingtogether

I have previously pointed out that, while Burge was totally to blame for Walsall's first goal - not the second though - the game should have been over a long time before that but the forwards, including JCH missed numerous chances. But hey, let's just concentrate on one (of the many) players you just don't like....
Imagine if we had lost 3-0 they would all have been Burges fault even if he had played as well as their goalie did today, I thought he was their MOTM.

Gazolba

Lets hope Burge makes a very slow recovery and we retain Stockdale for one more week.

Philosorapter

Three tables to show change in performance based upon results over season.

1) End of first half of season (22nd December)

IMG_2940.PNG

2) End of January transfer window

IMG_2941.PNG

3) Present performance table based upon results

IMG_2936.PNG

I think it should be worth pointing out in this timeframe that Coventry also reached 1586 in ratings around the end of October. The confidence Glicko-2 has in the accuracy of that rating though would be less then the present rating because of the amount of games played.

Last edited:

dazed&confused

Just seen the first 2 goals, I take it Hiwula clipped their guys ankles in the build up to his goal?

Yep, he clipped the back of their guy's heel. Unintentional, but definitely a foul, and the hapless referee just waved away Walsall's understandable protests. Funnily enough, when they replayed the goal on the big screen, the action started just after that incident. From where I was sat, Hiwula's resulting shot also looked like it took a very kind deflection off a Walsall player's leg, but I'll be generous and not classify it as an own goal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread