Match Thread Coventry City vs. Tranmere Rovers Match Thread - Sunday 13th Oct (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

We have to be more clinical if we want to be challenging near the top. Tranmere are hopeless, no better than the teams we played in league 2. If we can’t put these to bed then we’ve got no hope!

Random but, did you do your driving lessons with a bloke named Plumb?

Evo1883

I think we are playing quite well, but the time wasting and the ref leaving it unchecked is irritating

SBAndy

This is really poor. It looks pretty but we create very little. When we do create we can't finish.

Wouldn’t say it was really poor; it was ok but lacking end product. Just don’t think we go through the phases quick enough at times.

Evo1883

We need to get forward quicker, the problem is we retain possession but allow them to regroup in the process which makes it much harder to create

mrtrench

Beautiful passing; shapes and movement - but also frustrating to watch inasmuch that the final ball/shot always seems to go awry. I have no idea what the missing factor is - what turns this side into a similar one to when McWankty was scoring or when Bright was here? If Robins can find it he'll have a really great side on his hands. Because it looks that good elsewhere on the pitch.

Hobo

We are doing alright. Tranmere are not a bad side and certainly won't finish in bottom three.

Final ball just needs to be a bit better. Hiwula has been served a couple of dogs dinners when he has made good runs in the box.

lifeskyblue

Playing ok...nice football up to final third. Hiwula let down by first touch, no real service to godden. Think McCallum and Dabo doing well going forward. Definite handball by their defender. Ref has been poor throughout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

We need to get forward quicker, the problem is we retain possession but allow them to regroup in the process which makes it much harder to create

Do you think we’re passing for the sake of passing? Passing ourselves to death and it caused more bad than good.

torchomatic

Another frustration is Godden always being One Step Beyond the last defender. It's Madness he can't stay onside

You've got to blame, the selecter, Mark Robins for picking him ahead of Kelly.

theferret

This is worrying for me. Tranmere are poor, but for all our good play, we just don't seem to create anything. Hopefully we'll wear them down, but at the moment this has 0-0 written all ovet it. Plenty of time to go though, and surely the chances will come.

Evo1883

Do you think we’re passing for the sake of passing? Passing ourselves to death and it caused more bad than good.

Sometimes yes, the centre halves often have a forward pass available but choose to go back or sideways.
We've played relatively well but we need to be quicker and more direct at times

Users who are viewing this thread