Match Thread Coventry City vs Stevenage Match Thread - Friday 20th Apr (3 Viewers)

Otis

We have no idea what sort of performance we are going to put in.

They owe us a decent one after the Yeovil debacle.

Amcoventry

Just saying we need to just concentrate on our own game. Do that and we'll be fine.
And besides, Stevenage are down in 15th place, have only won 13 games all season and have only scored 3 more goals than us.
I am not expecting Stevenage to roll over, or not be dangerous, but I am expecting us to win the game.

So they are better than Yeovil?

Be a good result to come away with a win

Otis

I would say probably not. I thought Yeovil looked very dangerous in spite of all the free gifts from us, and apparently, although they lost, they should have beaten Wycombe last week.

stevefloyd

It's my Friday night out when I get back after this so let's hope it's a celebration and not drowning my sorrows

jordan210

The sun is shining. Its Friday and cov are playing.

Im going to try and come up from Hampshire tonight for this one.

Shame that ticket prices have the match day cost added to them. Would have been better to leave it as advance prices and try and fill the ground.

Otis

Okay, so, in three words, sum up how you are feeling about tonight's game.

For me ..... Excited, nervous, fearful.

Grendel

Indifferent

Otis

You cannot surely be indifferent if you are a City supporter.

These are all massive games now until we seal a place in the top 7.

Huge game tonight. Completely baffled as to why anyone would feel indifferent about it.

Sky Blue Harry H

You cannot surely be indifferent if you are a City supporter.

These are all massive games now until we seal a place in the top 7.

Huge game tonight. Completely baffled as to why anyone would feel indifferent about it.

It was a 'Grendelism' Otis, one on which I bit too easily !

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Sadly I can't make it back to Cov for this one, so will have to put up with Clive Eakin's commentary! I can't see us getting anything out of this, how are we supposed to defend against Southend, Southampton, Shrewsbury and Sutton, all at the same time?!

Great_Expectations

Tonight will be a real test of character after the last home game. I’m hoping they don’t let us down and that includes MR with selection and tactics.

I’m missing my (fairly important) game tonight for this, I really hope it’s worth it.

2-0, Bimaou x2.

ccfchoi87

Win, lose or draw tonight and the playoffs are still in our hands. Let's remember that before the inevitable meltdown later on.

Ricketts

I am really looking forward to this game. A good win here and it puts real pressure on the other play-off contenders.

5-0

(Although I looked forward to Accrington too.)

Sky Blue Harry H

My mate's colleague tried to get a seat next to him (usuallyplenty of spare nearby) and he said most in that row/area seemed sold - hopefully sign of a bigger than usual home turnout (good news, if correct)

Grendel

It was a 'Grendelism' Otis, one on which I bit too easily !

There’s too much talk about who might do this and who might do that. We’ve got 3 of the poorest teams to play and ultimately we should easily progress to the play off. If we don’t we aren’t good enough.

coop

There’s too much talk about who might do this and who might do that. We’ve got 3 of the poorest teams to play and ultimately we should easily progress to the play off. If we don’t we aren’t good enough.
That is correct but when have we ever done anything we should do.We were supposed to beat Yeovil but we all no what happened,attitude needs to be more professional. Like you say if we don't make the play offs then we just aren't good enough.

stevefloyd

I feel exactly the same, full of excitement but fear once again they will do there utmost to piss everyone off with a poor display, I hope I am wrong

Otis

Yup. Agree with that.

We should be more than capable of beating Stevenage, Cheltenham and Morecambe, but this of course is the City and we know we always have a performance of ineptitude stored away in a locker somewhere ready to be pulled out at any given moment.

Also then reminded of LSR's comment a couple of weeks back where he said we are not ready.

We should win tonight and I believe we will, but there is always a danger of City not turning up.

Otis

Biamou with a hat-trick. Grendel has a meltdown. Clive to say it was O'Brien that scored the third from a throw in (despite him being on the bench anyway).

I am looking forward to this evening!
Clive's just been on CWR now actually. He was asked if he thinks the Sky Blues will win and he said he believes they will, but that Shrewsbury will give us a big test.

Last edited:

hamil99

Facebook User
my dads proper excited for the match now, he says thanks for all the birthday love. i might put a cheeky £1 on 7-0 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread