Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (4 Viewers)

Fergusons_Beard

How is it that it’s on bloody Lincoln club site and not on City’s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ashdown

It's all a bit wet again and OTT isn't it. I remember a game against Norwich at the Ricoh a few years back and the weather was worse but they got it clear and the game went ahead.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Should have been called off last night. Roads are dire. Paths same. Donald Trump is an arse.

jordan210

Coventry City’s home game against Lincoln City has been called off.

Following snow overnight, teams of volunteers and staff from Coventry and the Ricoh Arena worked to try to ensure that areas surrounding the Ricoh Arena were clear of snow. The pitch was in good condition, however snow had drifted into the South Stand which made it dangerous along with areas of the East Stand too.

Combined with the distance that Lincoln City fans were set to travel to the game, the decision was made to call the game off at 9:50am.

There will be information regarding the re-arranged fixture once it is confirmed.

We’d like to place on record our thanks to all staff, volunteers and authorities that made great efforts in the past 48 hours to combat the weather

Great_Expectations

Based on the fact we had snow ploughs our and staff clearing the pitch/walkways etc, and Lincoln were first to tweet mentioning that it might be off, all indicate this was driven by them.

The fact it’s been called off on the morning of the game makes it even worse; doesn’t leave much time to find alternative plans.

Nick

Administrator
Based on the fact we had snow ploughs our and staff clearing the pitch/walkways etc, and Lincoln were first to tweet mentioning that it might be off, all indicate this was driven by them.

The fact it’s been called off on the morning of the game makes it even worse; doesn’t leave much time to find alternative plans.

Yep, Lincoln put the uncertainty out this morning. I think they were trying for it yesterday too.

covcity4life

Next Saturday. Home to Barnet and then home again on the Tuesday to Luton.
Shame we could not continue our momentum but maybe extra week rest will do some of our players good like doyle and mcnulty who run socks off during games

Also another week to get jones fit lol

Londonccfcfan

Shame we could not continue our momentum but maybe extra week rest will do some of our players good like doyle and mcnulty who run socks off during games

Also another week to get jones fit lol

Yes looking at it positively. We just played 2 tough games in under a week. Lincoln didn't play midweek.

Players carrying injuries and niggles...Doyle. Shipley...Davies...Kelly....etc get that extra rest.

dazed&confused

The right decision. The people who ACTUALLY go to games should be the number one consideration. And travelling conditions aren't good right now. Not impossible, just difficult. While for me it would be a pretty straight forward 15 minute trip to the Ricoh, you have to respect (1) the Lincoln fans travelling to this game and (2) City fans who don't live locally. And even if you can get to the ground, with our aging fan demographic, the risk of a few broken hips is just too high.

Rusty Trombone

The right decision. The people who ACTUALLY go to games should be the number one consideration. And travelling conditions aren't good right now. Not impossible, just difficult. While for me it would be a pretty straight forward 15 minute trip to the Ricoh, you have to respect (1) the Lincoln fans travelling to this game and (2) City fans who don't live locally. And even if you can get to the ground, with our aging fan demographic, the risk of a few broken hips is just too high.
They haven't taken the decision based on (1) and (2) though.

Just to add a bit of balance.

The Imps have trained this week, the club does have indoor training facilities and only have two long term injuries.

LCFC had no influence in the decision to postpone the match, that would have been the decision of the stadium license holder in consultation with the licensing authorities.

Yes, whilst we can all no doubt recall matches played in difficult circumstances in the past, the World is very different these days, what ever your take on it is, we all need to accept it and move on.

See you all in April.

Nick

Administrator
Agree. Pitch is fine, roads are fine, so if it's entirely down to snow in the south stand, surely that could have been cleared? Seems odd.

Thats the thing isn't it, would have been easy to clear the snow from the away stand. just push it all to one side and corden those blocks off.

There are still a few hours until it was due to open.

This was it last night

I can't see there being tonnes of snow in the stand.

stupot07

Villa,wolves, barnsley, brentford and sheff united home games all postponed in the championship so far.

Only 3 games still showing as on in league one - mk dons, Scunthorpe and Southend

Only 2 games on in league two Carlisle and Cambridge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread