Match Thread Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 28th Sep (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Going to be my first game of the season so I see a loss :(

Evo1883

Keep thinking we will lose this, no idea why but can't shake it.

Coventry 1-3 Doncaster

Hope I'm wrong

Sky Blue Harry H

I will be a bit disappointed if we can't hit the 7k figure on Saturday, given our form, and assuming a reasonable following from Donny.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm going for a quite high-scoring nailbiter, but can't decide on if we'll scrape another winner late on. Had a bit of a longer break but I don't think they're playing mid-week so not as big an issue as it might have been. Dabo to get booked and get his second suspension of the season.

Marosi
Dabo___Fadz___Hyam___Mason
___O'Hare__Walsh__Shipley
___Jobello_Godden_Hiwula

Subs: Wilson, Rose*, McCallum, Westbrooke, Biamou, Kastaneer, Eccles

GaryJones

This is a tricky one but I think we will come out 1-0 winners. We cant win every home game this season surely? Can we??

Paxman II

First home draw. But I hope not. We have hadthe break, a little reset as M's says and we should be ready to rock and roll with confidence. The danger is complacency after 10 days off.

Tommo1993

Break will go one way or the other. Gives them a rest but could really harm our momentum. Let’s see.

Sky Blue Harry H

Break will go one way or the other. Gives them a rest but could really harm our momentum. Let’s see.
Break will have done us good, but Donny are the best team we've faced yet, so could still lose regardless. Win this, and I'll start to get overly optimistic!

ccfcway

A bit disappointing I said; depressing is what you said. And a win of any sort will make me borderline ecstatic!

I think its depressing. Cant bring myself to agree that hoping for 7k for a team on the up in a city of 300k is a bit disappointing, its woeful (as is 15k if we were at ricoh)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Apparently Doncaster's style is NOT to park the bus, that will suit us just fine .

So it's a win for me .

Woolly68

1-1 in front of 7400. That’s my head prediction. My heart is putting a fiver on Coventry and Exeter to win on a nice little double. No games for me this weekend. Exeter in a couple of weeks and then my second trip up this season to watch Coventry next month against Fleetwood. Looking forward to that. Lincoln game in December booked too. Let’s hope the great start continues into the new year and beyond.

Sky Blue Harry H

What's funny about sets of football fans is that if you go on their forum, they think that although they are playing really well, they are wary of us too and think that they may only get a draw - all fans seem capable of turning their next opponents into Brazil in their heads!

RegTheDonk

We know they appear a decent side but they won't fancy playing us either and their away record suggest they'd be happy to stop us rather than beat us. I'd predict a draw but a mistake is going to lose and win points ... we'll see how good our passing game is on this pitch, forecast is wet. Seen enough of our lads slipping when it's dry.

CV22SBA

Apparently Doncaster's style is NOT to park the bus, that will suit us just fine .

So it's a win for me .
Burton didn't park the bus and dominated the 1st half against us. Doncaster are a better attacking team than Burton so this will be a very tough game. They were by far better than us at their place on the last game of the season. I think this will be our toughest game yet and then Rotherham away the following week will be tough also. These next two games will be a good test for the season ahead and if we can get something from both of them would be fantastic.

ccfcricoh

i'd take a 0-0 at half time...

Donny will come and should look to make a fast start (after most likely watching Blackpool game) and especially seeing as we've had a break. We need to be switched on early doors.

Keep playing our game and slowly wear them down to win the second half 1-0 !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Burton didn't park the bus and dominated the 1st half against us. Doncaster are a better attacking team than Burton so this will be a very tough game. They were by far better than us at their place on the last game of the season. I think this will be our toughest game yet and then Rotherham away the following week will be tough also. These next two games will be a good test for the season ahead and if we can get something from both of them would be fantastic.
Burton were the home side and we are a better side this season, so we should give Doncaster a lot of problems .

It's still a win for me.

JulianDarbyFTW

We know they appear a decent side but they won't fancy playing us either and their away record suggest they'd be happy to stop us rather than beat us. I'd predict a draw but a mistake is going to lose and win points ... we'll see how good our passing game is on this pitch, forecast is wet. Seen enough of our lads slipping when it's dry.

I mentioned this in one of the match threads. I assume the pitch is watered to help our slick passing game, but our players (moreso than the opponents) seem to slip and slide several times a game. I assume it's something to do with the length of stud, and possibly a lack of experience of playing at St Andrews (is the pitch perhaps softer than the Ricoh? Am I talking bollocks?)

Users who are viewing this thread