Match Thread Coventry City vs. Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 7th Sep (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

That was sweet
1-0 down, head to loo, hear small roar (thinks 2-0 down) Confirmed by fellow fan
Back to (wrong) seat, due to alcohol.
We score - use chaos to find correct seat - fail (due to alcohol)
Equalise - chaos - high five strangers
half time - find correct seat
Second half - we attack, Blackpool forget what they did in the first half
Goal - we win!
Happy Days !!

Cavan O'Doherty

Brilliant second half, thought it might be one of them where we dominate and fail to score but O’Hare came up trumps again. Some of the football is excellent, and we’ll probably have to put up with the defensive mistakes if we’re going to play this way(which I’m all for). Hate to pick on individuals after such a brilliant comeback, but Westbrooke needs to be dropped for O’Hare at Burton. Out of the midfield trio I thought he was the weak link. McCallum did really well. I thought early on he was getting targeted by Blackpool and Feeney had the better of him, but as it went on he grew into the game. Really impressed with Walsh in the second half.

skybluegod

Nah we were competing well at 1-0. First 20 weren’t great but you were too quick to call the team out

Competing without threatening and so many loose balls.

Respect your opinion, but we were awful at the point I posted. C I was still positive we would get something just didn't post that at the time.

But we can't afford to defend like that if we want to go up. Both goals were embarrassing!

Terry Gibson's perm

Q
Hmm, he’s a kid and did well today. What is it with the constant need to moan about our players, even the kids.

Some of the stuff on here again in that first half is very poor.

Did you watch today he was constantly pulled inside the only reason the guy didn’t destroy him in the second half was that he seemed to lose interest, he is the weak link in the side he doesn’t defend or attack well when he gets the ball he immediately looks backwards.

ccfcway

Q

Did you watch today he was constantly pulled inside the only reason the guy didn’t destroy him in the second half was that he seemed to lose interest, he is the weak link in the side he doesn’t defend or attack well when he gets the ball he immediately looks backwards.

Yes I did. He’s a kid that’s been asked to do a mans job. We are a league one team who will have to put in kids at times when our Main players are injured.

Of course mason would play if fit, but he’s not.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes I did. He’s a kid that’s been asked to do a mans job. We are a league one team who will have to put in kids at times when our Main players are injured.

Of course mason would play if fit, but he’s not.
M
He looks like a kid and you can tell he hasn’t had a decent academy upbringing our player that come through at around the same age are more polished, Brown should have been kept I still think he is the best defender of the three

ccfcway

M
He looks like a kid and you can tell he hasn’t had a decent academy upbringing our player that come through at around the same age are more polished, Brown should have been kept I still think he is the best defender of the three

Well, let’s agree to disagree. I’d rather back a manager who has us joint top of the league and trying to promote our youth than you.

Not having a go, have a great sat night :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Well, let’s agree to disagree. I’d rather back a manager who has us joint top of the league and trying to promote our youth than you.

Not having a go, have a great sat night :)

It’s always a better Saturday night after a comeback win.

Sky Blue Pete

Competing without threatening and so many loose balls.

Respect your opinion, but we were awful at the point I posted. C I was still positive we would get something just didn't post that at the time.

But we can't afford to defend like that if we want to go up. Both goals were embarrassing!
First was a mis hit. Second poor

fernandopartridge

Q

He crossed the ball in for the third

SBbucks

We were always in that game, even at 2-0 I was confident. O’hare probably should start although his energy off the bench is nice to have. First game this season where we have played better in the first half than the second.
Really?? Better in first than second? We were miles better in second half, totally dominated. Fairly poor in first.

SBbucks

Hmm, he’s a kid and did well today. What is it with the constant need to moan about our players, even the kids.

Some of the stuff on here again in that first half is very poor.
Sam grew into the game and got better and better, no chance he was tiring - his passing to the strikers in the box was superb in the second half

Evo1883

I’d think O Hare could play inside forward - if Allen is as good as is suggested and Walsh is here for the swamp and maintain that level the midfield would be Allen Walsh and Kelly

Hiwula stands down for o hare

I don’t actually think Jobello is that bad - as overseas players do he’s reasonably industrious and can play some killer balls in

Godden is a good signing - the formation still isolated him I think

The full backs aren’t great defensively and Dabo is suicidal in challenges

I agree about ohare, and I think we could see it happen once Kelly is back fit if Hiwula hasn't found his form

shepardo01

Thoughts:
Walsh grew into the game. Looks promising. Two footed too by the looks of it.
Robins needs to look at a side that does not include Westbrooke.
Back four looked all over the place for first 20 mins. Their line was horrific, Mcfadzean was pushing high, Rose 5/10 yards back and Mcallum was very narrow allowing lots of space on his side. Worryingly this took over 20 mins to sort.
Hiwula..... peoples thoughts on him please. Been to all home games except Exeter. He has been pretty anonymous in large percentages of all of these.
Shipley. Looked tired. Whereas Walsh looks two footed and can turn both ways and pass in both directions with either foot, Shipley is very one footed and this has a negative effect when he is in good positions.
Godden did a great job by himself again
Jobello. Personally a fan... work rate very good both ways. Head and shoulders above Hiwula in my opinion. Why was he cupping his ear to us after his goal?
Has anybody seen a shot of kastaneers effort that to me looked well over the line?
Looking forward to seeing our strongest side, which to me does not include Westbrooke, Hiwula and possibly Shipley.
Great result today though against a big, physical and direct Blackpool side.
That result would not have been possible in anything less than a carpet of a pitch with the way we are trying to play though.
St Andrew's will not be like that all year round though!!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Walsh is tiny he’s not going to replace what Kelly gives the team shit one Kelly is out how long we don’t even know,feeling we will be beaten today
After today's performance I think he will be just fine.

Evo1883

City odds are starting to get shorter now, 7th favourite for promotion, maybe people will start to put some money on us now... Still believe St Andrews put Alot of people off and thought it would effect us

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Good goal for us by an outstanding player at a crucial time , we will win this 3 -2
Exactly what I said at half time, what made all the difference in the second half was , are fullbacks pushed up more and attacked their wingbacks.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

O’Hare 3-2

Celebrates like a knob head With cockiness but I’ll let him off :D
Is Callum O'Hare the new Robbie Keane ?

His style of play reminds me of Robbie Keane.

Users who are viewing this thread