Match Thread Coventry City vs. Birmingham City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Jan (5 Viewers)

clint van damme

Who has said we are Championship ready?

We held our own against a Championship club. There is no doubt there. But everyone seems to be realistic. We have a few players that look as though they could handle the step up. But the first half showed we have a bit to go.

Yeah
Doesn't mean we're ready for the championship but it certainly gives us a bit more optimism than if we'd had a leathering.
We didn't disgrace ourselves against Watford in the league cup either.

Marty

Thought we played fairly well today, dominated the game, seemed to break down in the final third before the changes, common theme for us, we looked a lot better and more threatening with the 2 up front, you could see that there players were a class above ours though, one touch to kill a ball where as for the most part our players can't do that, our tactics are work ethic are far superior to them though, I don't think we would be embarrassed in the Championship.

That miss from O'Hare, went with the wrong foot, I was gutted, if he scored it was nothing less then what we deserved. Really could have done without the replay but I feel even more confident that we'll be playing in the 5th round then at the start of today.

Results went our way today in League one

Ipswich are playing Rotherham mid week, so a great opportunity to close the gap at the top, both are facing tricky fixtures and playing teams up there, so we could be looking at being within a couple of points of top with 2 games in hand.

shmmeee

The thing is it started from the front so people had to stand up to be able to see.

The whole block I was in was standing, no choice but to.

Im not blaming everyone. In our block it was two guys specifically forcing a whole block to stand up because they wanted to lean against the barrier instead of sit. My ten year old wasn’t happy at all and there were people with walking sticks and crutches clearly struggling. I can’t stand for much more than half an hour myself.

Fair enough at an away game with enough space to shift around or expect to get there early or whatever, but at a home game you expect to be able to sit in the seat you chose unless you’re in an obvious section of the ground like the old singers corner.

Most of it was people buying random singles and then deciding to just stand somewhere. The concourses near me were rammed first half especially. Best thing would’ve been to open up the segregated areas so people could spread out and rearrange.

shmmeee

You are of course correct... if only the league/law would allow designated standing areas to prevent this kind of issue.

Didn’t mean it specifically at you, was half time and had very sad ten year old with me. Do blame some fans, not at all most, sorry if I went off a bit.

Frostie

By no means our most complete performance but we were much the better team & dominated the second half. Credit Robins for the subs & made at the right time too.

McFadz was excellent but Walsh best player on the pitch by a distance. Given the quality of the opposition that's no mean feat.

Sky Blue Pete

By no means our most complete performance but we were much the better team & dominated the second half. Credit Robins for the subs & made at the right time too.

McFadz was excellent but Walsh best player on the pitch by a distance. Given the quality of the opposition that's no mean feat.
Other than a goal the last 25-30 mins is the best I’ve seen us at home. Such confidence and skill

Johhny Blue

Who has said we are Championship ready?

We held our own against a Championship club. There is no doubt there. But everyone seems to be realistic. We have a few players that look as though they could handle the step up. But the first half showed we have a bit to go.
And the second half showed we got there

Frank Sidebottom

Didn’t mean it specifically at you, was half time and had very sad ten year old with me. Do blame some fans, not at all most, sorry if I went off a bit.
I completely appreciate your stance had similar issues with some of our younger fans at Doncaster away last season who insisted on spending the entire 2nd half jumping around at the bottom of the stand preventing the elderly and disabled fans at the front from being able to see the game. It's difficult... especially at a game like today with a situation like ours to gauge whether or not to stand up.... today I spent the first half hour stood up halfway up block 16 before a couple of chaps behind me asked me to sit down. Haven't got any issues with that and duly obliged. I do feel clubs and the FA/EFL need to address this issue and have standing and sitting areas.... at HR it policed itself, In the WT you knew you'd be standing other areas of the ground you'd expect to be seated the majority of the time.

pusbccfc

It felt like a proper game with people standing but the atmosphere has been better at the Ricoh for similar games. Like when we used to play Leicester or even a few times against Birmingham.

I didn't think the acoustics at St Andrews were good. Didn't carry like it does at the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread