Match Thread Coventry City vs Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 10th Feb (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Dreadful viewing today. The only player who can come out with a little credit is Biamou, the rest of them need to take a hard long look at themselves if they think we’re going to achieve anything playing like that. Letting Stevenson go now looks a terrible decision in hindsight as we have no central midfield cover

Adge

Dreadful viewing today. The only player who can come out with a little credit is Biamou, the rest of them need to take a hard long look at themselves if they think we’re going to achieve anything playing like that. Letting Stevenson go now looks a terrible decision in hindsight as we have no central midfield cover
Agree about Biamou but thought Stokes was the only other one worth a shout. Stevenson would have just been another passenger in that game as he has been all season. I’m afraid that the biggest miss was Doyle. Not a massive fan of his and not a great footballer, but rallies the troops when needed. That was what was missing today-no leaders.

Marty

Can't help but feel like the transfer window was wasted, we needed a real injection of pace and goals in the final 3rd and robins signed neither.

They looked better drilled, fitter and had a game plan. We didn't even look like we knew what we were up against today. Bayliss had the ball first half and 5 of their men went to close him down, They fully deserved the win and really it should have been more.

Central midfield looked woeful today, slow on the ball, couldn't pass a ball 5 yards at one point, they sit far too deep. JMD is a complete bottler in a tackle and has no pace.

We'll be lucky to see a single person back after that, the fans turn up and they get served that crap.

Otis

Can't help but feel like the transfer window was wasted, we needed a real injection of pace and goals in the final 3rd and robins signed neither.

They looked better drilled, fitter and had a game plan. We didn't even look like we knew what we were up against today. Bayliss had the ball first half and 5 of their men went to close him down, They fully deserved the win and really it should have been more.

Central midfield looked woeful today, slow on the ball, couldn't pass a ball 5 yards at one point, they sit far too deep. JMD is a complete bottler in a tackle and has no pace.

We'll be lucky to see a single person back after that, the fans turn up and they get served that crap.
When we got both Barrett and JMD I was excited, but as it stands right now, we have an overweight, unfit misfit and a lightweight liability who offers nothing to our side.

There is an excuse to be had that Bayliss and McNulty were still ill yesterday, but it doesn't excuse the rest of the dross served up.

That was a non performance from us yesterday and we can't even roll out that fact that we have been rolling out all season, that of us beating all the top sides. We have now lost to Accrington, Exeter and Mansfield and then to Newport just behind us.

It's now simply not true anymore.

rupert_bear

The signing, crucial signings I might add of those two rookies JMD and Barrett have simply not been good enough do they offer more than their counterparts in the fairly successful under 21s or 18s ? God help the future if they do.
Jury still on JCH. It was obviously known Stephenson was away and with the Andrue injury in mind that was an area that should have been addressed especially with Kelly being out too. These were manager decisions and club decision not to put more finance in the result I fear is a slide down the division.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why the jury is still out on jch, he has gone on twice in games where the strikers have had absolutely nothing at all. Pretty much any striker at our level would have struggled.

Can't even start to judge him.

rupert_bear

I agree the supply to the front 2 is woeful and yes I know Max has missed chances but hecould Be okay imo. We are the amongst lowest scorers in the division had one shot, a free kick, on target and just three corners at home, again. Simply not good enough and in my opinion Mark Robins needs to take a very hard look at his way of playing.

Lord_Nampil

Was yesterday good enough... no,

Can we play better.. yes,

Have we in two weeks lost the spine of the side to injury? Yes (Burge, Grimmer, Davies, Doyle)

Are injuries an excuse? No but probably don’t help the fluency of our play!

Were players I’ll who played yesterday? Yes maybe more than the two Robins mentioned!

Should we be angry? Yes for a small time, but we don’t need to over react!

Is there time to fix this? Yes!

Think we probably need a busy week to sort out how we are going to play we have 15 games and Robins can sort it out as his record being our manager shows!

Nick

Administrator
We had Burge, Davies and Doyle for most of the FGR game and it was just as useless so not buying the excuse of illness etc.

It's not as if we went out and smashed FGR and then it was completely different yesterday.

Weren't Accrington without their best player yesterday too?

SkyBlueMatt

Wow, that was woeful. I can't remember such a poor performance. I wanted to leave at 70 minutes as it was obvious we were never getting back into the game but I stayed until the end. I thought we took hold of the first half without creating any chances.

I hope it's just a blip. Who knows we might go and beat Brighton now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread