Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Haha ref, you absolute flapper. That’s a 2nd yellow every single time. Straight through the back of him, at pace.

AFCCOVENTRY

took our foot off the gas after the 3rd and sloppy passing at times in central midfield.

I’m thinking about the play off push but we really need to add some star quality in central midfield. Someone who has an array of passing skills and drive from the central position.

Great_Expectations

Excellent first half.

Would love Simms to get a goal and Taveres to get a solid amount of time second half.

Still slightly concerned re their bad tackles.

Brighton Sky Blue

Farcical trying to get in but well worth it. Pity we slowed down the play so much after the goals.

Beautiful goal from Palmer and great work by Simms for the 2nd

Grendel

Also, COH and Palmer are either very fluid or one of them (Palmer) is not really playing left side of the attacking three.

Fine when on top but not ideal defensively / if against better opposition.

I’d take palmer off and put Allen on - we’ve started to look a bit laboured in the last 20 minutes

TomRad85

Massive gulf between the teams. Palmer always stands out as being way too good when we play lower league sides. Be a cheat code in league 1.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

Unbelievable? As in cannot be believed? Crazy, it was totally believable for me, a good goal.
If he was in the Tesco carpark when he scored, THAT would be unbelievable
It was a worldie.

If he hit from the Tesco carpark, that would have been an out of worldie

Grendel

mrtrench

All going well at half-time. Freaks or bad mistakes aside, cannot see Oxford getting back into this game. Their goal was from a soft punt from outside the box, a big deflection and the sun in Wilson's eyes.

Keeping the ball well and looking like we could score at will. Unsurprisingly, the game has gone a bit flat since the four goal sugar rush.

I think get a fourth early on to put the game to bed and then give key players a rest.

Mucca Mad Boys

Let’s get another goal early in the 2nd half, kill the game off and rotate. We definitely took a breather for the last 15-20m of that half.

Overall, we look good and in control and showing the gulf in class between L1 and Championship.

Briles

Palmer can look untouchable one minute and lost the next, genuinely think he could play higher if he was consistent

Grendel

Palmer can look untouchable one minute and lost the next, genuinely think he could play higher if he was consistent

that’s why he is a non regular in a championship team - today sums him up perfectly

fatso

Wouldn't be surprised to see a red card for an Oxford player in the second half, they've got some right dirty twats.

Users who are viewing this thread