Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (5 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve already paid for Saturday home games in the league, I’m not paying extra for more Saturday home games and then having to trudge up the CBS on a shitty cold windy rainy fucking Tuesday night
If we got a minnow like Man Utd perhaps

Warwickhunt

Some are under the impression he has a bad attitude and didn't want to celebrate goals = he wants to leave
But that's simply their interpretations and speculations, I'll not offer any myself
Godden started out at Oxford and was giving them respect by not over doing it

TomRad85

Godden started out at Oxford and was giving them respect by not over doing it
I think he scored his first goal for us against Oxford, not sure he owes respect for that though. O'Hare too actually in the same game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Briles

I think the risk to his confidence of him missing was much greater than the boost he would get from scoring. The assist will have done more for his confidence.

spot on

Tommo1993

Amused me from the Oxford forum (and I managed to sneak my sandwich in !!)

Nice ground , good view, and loud home support. But the steward took my sandwich off me!!! No food and drink allowed in the ground

Just had a nosey. That site is as bad as Coventry Live. Gave up. Boring yellow cunts.

OldBedrocker

Sadly it didn't work.

If we want to increase our chances of hitting the playoffs then we need a new striker and central midfielder really. Still, was a good game for some today and hopefully being able to let the shackles off a bit will have raised the belief in the team a bit more going into Leicester.
Really. I do wonder if some of our fans can see the bigger picture . A lot of of Saka’s and Wright’s chances are due to Simms doing the ugly donkey work to occupy the centre halves and create space for them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Really. I do wonder if some of our fans can see the bigger picture . A lot of of Saka’s and Wright’s chances are due to Simms doing the ugly donkey work to occupy the centre halves and create space for them.

I can see the bigger picture. There were many players written off already but it looked quite clear to me that they would get there, and they have. Simms has got a little better, but he doesn't come into that category for me yet.

His contribution this season is poor, but he has time on his side. With our coaching team there's every chance he'll become a very good player. As it stands though I feel his improvement is being a bit overstated by some fans.

napolimp

Haven't read back through this thread, but thought Simms was good today, though there were people around me shouting abuse at him. He looked a handful, created space for others, and carved out chances. If you could put Godden's finishing together with Simms general play, then you'd have the ideal player. Hopefully Simms starts putting those chances away soon, as he's obviously capable of doing so.

Martin180

Spot on , without Simms there is no space for the likes of Saka , Wright , O’Hare and Palmer . No coincidence that all have been in the goals since the change of system

Users who are viewing this thread