Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Like to thank Doug King for basically telling Robins we'd rather that than the yearly humiliation.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Doug King is running the place properly. Win the game and it’s an opportunity to earn more money in the next round.

mark82

Tavares looked exactly the same as before his injury TBH. Fast but not very good.
Looked like someone who hadn't played in a year to be fair. Made a couple of poor decisions, couple of poor touches. Not much more to say. He has some pace though!

Covcraig@bury

I would keep Godden he knows where the back of the net is .
I felt for Simms , he’s just not getting the rub of the green but his work rate 💯. Palmer MOTM . Great energy great game and what a goal .
the whole team played with ease .
Bring on the Inbreds we will destroy them .

Johhny Blue

I want an easy tie like Sunderland next round.
Oh wait a minute……. Just watched their highlights. And we thought Oxford’s goals were gifts.

fatso

Looked like someone who hadn't played in a year to be fair. Made a couple of poor decisions, couple of poor touches. Not much more to say. He has some pace though!
Agreed, he definitely needs that loan, but ultimately I think he'll move on at the end of the season.

skybluecam

What was with the lack of celebration from Godden? Just down to the scoreline or is he unhappy?
I assumed it was just due to it being the 5th and 6th goals against a lower league side. Don’t think we need to read anything into it?

shmmeee

Yeah but he looked like that before he was injured.

Cally Fedora

As a group of fans we’ve sat through enough dreadful cup performances so more than happy with that. 6-2, into the draw, some good performances and some minutes for those who needed it. Excellent.

Grendel

Just because it is our player (for now), doesn't mean I can pretend to like a certain kind of penalty. It's also fair to question why our underperforming striker who could do with some confidence isn't given the chance to take it.

Or we can just shut the forum down and live in silence...

It’s a pretty strange take - the penalty was expertly executed - simms isn’t a registered charity - he can score goals from open play to boost confidence

TomRad85

Didn't think Tavares was that bad, just probably not our level is he. Unlike some of our younger players who have gone on to have unspectacular non league careers I do think he'll probably do pretty well in league 2 or something.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

It isn't a strange take at all. Palmer scored so you are on the hunt with other posters.

Im not on the hunt for anybody - it was a clever penalty well executed

steve cooper

Godden coming on and getting 2 goals in 25 minutes is most likely going to have a negative effect on Simms' confidence and state of mind Unfortunately.

SkyblueTexan

We could have scored 10 , felt a bit for Sims, great assist and keeper stopped him twice with decent saves. Thought Wilson went down like a sack of spuds for their 2 Nd goal. Yes Tavares first game back ,but his first touch reminds me of a cement mixer.
Problem with Simms is he always hits his shot very flat and low to the ground. He should’ve lifted the ball over the keeper

Ashdown

Delighted and proud all round. It makes a change to look like a pretty classy side in the cup . Very comfortable on the ball all over the pitch !

Jamesimus

Oxfords game plan was all wrong.

Did their manager look at the way that we play, particularly at home? Personally think they should have set-up to frustrate us and let us pass the ball around the back.

Instead they had a go right from the very start and we exploited the space left behind.

JohnWH

Oxfords game plan was all wrong.

Did their manager look at the way that we play, particularly at home? Personally think they should have set-up to frustrate us and let us pass the ball around the back.

Instead they had a go right from the very start and we exploited the space left behind.

My understanding was also that Ox didn't have its full strength team either, and a key player omitted from lineup due to presumed transfer forthcoming. I only took a brief glance through their forum though

Users who are viewing this thread