Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (11 Viewers)

shmmeee

A key point is that they keep showing just this picture of the defenders foot on the line.

What they don't show is his arm pointing towards the goal. Wright wasn't doing the same.

As such, at the nearest point to the goaline will definitely be ONSIDE!

Arms don’t count. It’s only parts of the body you can play the ball with.

robbiethemole

Maybe I’m old fashioned and the rules have changed, but doesn’t the attacker have to be beyond the defender? All the shots I’ve seen have a line over Wan-Bissaka’s boot, not from the front of it. Surely that would be the closest point nearest to the goal line and Haji would seem to be behind that point?
The only hope and consolation is that Citeh absolutely fucking smash the cunts, but I wish it was us they were smashing in the final.

Martin180

The later posts in this thread is kind of where I am . Torp scored with what was effectively the last kick of the game , so what was the rush to get an immediate decision ?
Surely if we've learnt nothing from VAR in the PL is that it's better to take the time to get the right decision.

Flying Fokker

What an experience. It was surreal.

So proud of everyone connected with City. with the 4th Goal we all have our anecdotes. One fan ran the width of the row to make his point to Man U fans. There we were, a totally manic tangle of supporters and this streak of Sky Blue whizzed past us all. Good on him!

Have to say, we need to hold on to these moments and celebrate every step of our journey.

The great games keep coming and we are on that journey.

procdoc

Stopped myself from posting last night as wouldn’t have been balanced considering the range of emotions we all went through!

I thought we started off too defensive and showed them far too much respect. I understand why we set up that way but all it did was allow them to recycle the ball which was our undoing for the first goal.

The second goal was a poor one. We all knew Maguire is really dangerous attacking corners so to allow him a free header was poor.

At half time we were saying let’s just not got hammered and if we get one back we are back in the game.

I thought we started the half well but they hit us on the counter attack for their third. At that point I thought the game was done and dusted.

How wrong was I. All of a sudden we started showing real attacking purpose and for the next half and hour we dominated. We got one back and I thought it was a mere consolation goal, something the fans could cheer.

Then we get the second and all of a sudden Utd’s arseholes fell out. They looked like rabbits in the headlights as we poured forward.

Haji Wright was the coolest man in the stadium for the equalising penalty. All of a sudden, we looked like the only team that was going to win.

In extra time we again pretty much dominated and for a few glorious seconds at the end we all thought we’d done it. I have my opinions on VAR and to be denied the greatest comeback in history because his toenail was offside is a bitter pill to swallow

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

On a side note, Harry Maguire is a class act. He was the first player to go over to ours. He’s a great player and I don’t understand the hate he gets
The England national side always has to have a hate figure and he's drawn the short straw it seems. Antony and Onana were cringeworthy yesterday, i've no love for Utd but those two are a disgrace to what is a famous and historic club.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Stopped myself from posting last night as wouldn’t have been balanced considering the range of emotions we all went through!

I thought we started off too defensive and showed them far too much respect. I understand why we set up that way but all it did was allow them to recycle the ball which was our undoing for the first goal.

The second goal was a poor one. We all knew Maguire is really dangerous attacking corners so to allow him a free header was poor.

At half time we were saying let’s just not got hammered and if we get one back we are back in the game.

I thought we started the half well but they hit us on the counter attack for their third. At that point I thought the game was done and dusted.

How wrong was I. All of a sudden we started showing real attacking purpose and for the next half and hour we dominated. We got one back and I thought it was a mere consolation goal, something the fans could cheer.

Then we get the second and all of a sudden Utd’s arseholes fell out. They looked like rabbits in the headlights as we poured forward.

Haji Wright was the coolest man in the stadium for the equalising penalty. All of a sudden, we looked like the only team that was going to win.

In extra time we again pretty much dominated and for a few glorious seconds at the end we all thought we’d done it. I have my opinions on VAR and to be denied the greatest comeback in history because his toenail was offside is a bitter pill to swallow
Not sure i could sum it up any better. Emotionally spent today, that will live with me forever and i couldn't be prouder of the team. I hope we can channel everything into a really rousing end to the season and a flying start to the next.

Hugh Jarse

At half time, I was thinking 5 or 6-0. My ticket was in the Man U end, I was covered by United ‘ultras’ . I didn’t let them know I was Sky Blue and when we ‘scored’ the fourth goal even them said that United was rubbish and we deserved to won.

Our first half performance was very poor and the three subs in the second half changed the game for us. I’ve never been so proud of our team at the end, the fans were fantastic from minute one and MR should be rightly proud of the boys. We may not get to the play offs but we have a team who can challenge any team in the future

Well done, PUSB.

messiahrobins

I was there yesterday and the in 87.

The feel-good factor with our fans today is just incredible. Also great for attracting new fans.

That just wasn't the case in 1987 - before the middle classes took over football.
Its a close one, i only give it 87 as a final beats a semi final. Otherwise the euphoria is the same. We won as far as i am concerned.

wingy

Another player I was impressed by was Binks, was a really calming presence at the back, settled the defence at a time when it looked like we might be heading towards a 4 or 5 shellacking, and ended up putting in an important performance.

Lati really disappointed me today, don’t know if it was nerves or the occasion got to him but he was all over the place, constant mistakes and cheaply giving the ball away.

In fact all of our subs seemed up for it today, especially Tavares who Bissaka is probably having nightmares about right now.
Had a on Field disagreement with Thomas again!

Darth Robins

Imagine this being your team's fanbase, no wonder they seem to attract nothing but trash since Fergie.

I definitely needed that hit of schadenfreude but imagine having to deal with this sort of fan every week when we get promoted, can we just take the parachute payments and stay in the Championship?

wingy

Depending on the quality of number 10's available a flat 3 could work well for us especially in certain games. Depends what MR can get in I guess
You'd have to say torp could be considered for that role on today's showing, bloody fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread