Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (9 Viewers)

Tommo1993

He was matey
Technically but it has to be the moment that causes the fa to do something different with offsides it’s wrong headed for that to be given when it’s so close and it can’t be accurately checked

If Torp’s wrongly denied winner was checked to death such as Simms’ goal against Wolves, we’d have been cup finalists. He was on.

jordan210

The problem is also the frames user. One frame COH hasn't even kicked the ball and thats used for the offside. When is it determined the ball is passed.

From the reverse angle it looks onside. The Lino dint flag and it took seconds to make the call. Yet on other games offsides have taken 2/3 minutes.

Id like to see the actual footage used from VAR of all angles not the tv ones.

Sky Blue Wozza

Got back home in Yorkshire at 0230 - what an amazing day.

Bus driver from Nuneaton seemed to be on a kamikaze mission, hitting Asda delivery drivers wing mirrors and tailgating middle-lane hoggers. Didn’t get to Wembley until 1330, but enough time to join the march and a quick pint in that dodgy Wembley hotel.

Torp/ Tavares and Binks changed the game when they came on (even though I thought Eccles had played). Thought it odd that Man U’s keeper was time wasting when 3-0 up and 25 mins left?

Lost count of how many times I’ve exclaimed “This Team!” over the past 5/6 seasons. Something is definitely instilled in them by Robins and Viveash and our support. We need to cherish these days!

Sky Blue Wozza

Billy-bobs

Another issue which seems to be overlooked. Their goalkeeper booked for the second time during the penalties. What is the logic the booking is not deemed as part of that game, but carried over? Or am I being illogical in my thoughts?

jordan210

Another issue which seems to be overlooked. Their goalkeeper booked for the second time during the penalties. What is the logic the booking is not deemed as part of that game, but carried over? Or am I being illogical in my thoughts?

It's a stupid rule. Plus as it had been in the news this week he knew he could do it. Collins also got booked a 2nd time I believe.

But onana should have been booked multiple times from about 50 mins on.

shmmeee

So apparently the reason for this is “so refs can warn players in the shootout” but all it does is give them another chance to fuck around. There’s this weird idea that pens aren’t the same game as the 120 mins before.

One of many ridiculous rules.

shmmeee

It's a stupid rule. Plus as it had been in the news this week he knew he could do it. Collins also got booked a 2nd time I believe.

But onana should have been booked multiple times from about 50 mins on.

Let’s be honest, time wasting is almost always by the keeper or at a throw. Just give a free kick for timewasting. Yellows mean nothing when only one keeper in the history of world football has ever been sent off for two timewasting yellows.

LeChuck

I think we were lucky to get the penalty, and unlucky to get the offside.

It hurts, but what a day, and the celebrations for the "winner" will live long in the memory regardless.

Season may be over but let's pack the stadium on Wednesday. Hopefully have my voice back by then..!

Great_Expectations

I’m sure it’s been said but Onana really is a wanker as well.

Loved the challenge on Fernandes from Binks, shame nobody got to go through Onana.

The blatant dissent after being booked for time wasting to then go behind his goal and drink from his water bottle is infuriating. No Ref anywhere will book a keeper twice in quick succession so they just get away it. Different rules for keepers as per.

shmmeee

It hurts, but what a day, and the celebrations for the "winner" will live long in the memory regardless.

Season may be over but let's pack the stadium on Wednesday. Hopefully have my voice back by then..!

If nothing else the players deserve a heroes welcome from a full house Wednesday.

shmmeee

The difference for me is the offside is overturning the on field decision and the pen isn’t.

CovInEssex

20 years ago those were lucky pens, but they are given every single time at every ground in every league now.

LeChuck

The difference for me is the offside is overturning the on field decision and the pen isn’t.
Yeah I get that, I'm trying to be sanguine about it. Was gutted yesterday and probably would've preferred it ending at 3-2 which feels nuts. Today I'm just proud and feel like we won in a way, the man u fans I know are certainly more miserable about it than me!

shmmeee

Yeah I get that, I'm trying to be sanguine about it. Was gutted yesterday and probably would've preferred it ending at 3-2 which feels nuts. Today I'm just proud and feel like we won in a way, the man u fans I know are certainly more miserable about it than me!

Just frustrated still. Woke up feeling fine. Called into morning huddle and was met with a Utd fan and it all came flooding back 😭

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Just frustrated still. Woke up feeling fine. Called into morning huddle and was met with a Utd fan and it all came flooding back 😭
sad season 1 GIF by The White Princess

LeChuck

20 years ago those were lucky pens, but they are given every single time at every ground in every league now.
Chelsea would probably disagree with that after Saturday! But yes, inconsistency is and probably always will be a frustrating problem, at least for the foreseeable future

No he wasn’t. He was level. The VAR lines showed that. I know you’re the referees union Pete but it was a mistake. I have eyes.

View attachment 35253
A key point is that they keep showing just this picture of the defenders foot on the line.

What they don't show is his arm pointing towards the goal. Wright wasn't doing the same.

As such, at the nearest point to the goaline will definitely be ONSIDE!

David O'Day

The red line is beyond the blue line thems the rules
I’m gutted and it’s wrongheaded but he was legitimately off under the laws of our game
I know you will defend refs as your lad is one but come on Pete you can see the mistake in the drawing of the the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread