Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (7 Viewers)

Briles

word on the street is there was somewhat of a rift in the utd camp today

ptr

MR’s “goal that saved Alex Ferguson” is getting a lot of mentions in the media in the build up. I can’t help but think he could also end up being the reason Ten Hag gets sacked if we win… it was meant to be!
He’s deffo gone if they manage to lose to us. Massive opportunity for them really.

Tommo1993

I can’t vision a scenario where we beat them unfortunately, despite their underperformances. They still have some top quality individuals capable of winning any game. The key will be not conceding early, the longer we keep it tight, the more frustrated they’ll get

Yep. This is about where I am. ‘Unthinkable’ is overused but I think this time it’s the perfect word. The level of shock would be… can’t think of a word.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can’t vision a scenario where we beat them unfortunately, despite their underperformances. They still have some top quality individuals capable of winning any game. The key will be not conceding early, the longer we keep it tight, the more frustrated they’ll get
Chat GPT can:

Sure, let's imagine a thrilling scenario where Coventry City, the underdogs, pull off a stunning upset against Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final on April 21st, 2024.

The Build-Up: Coventry City enters the semi-final match as massive underdogs against the powerhouse that is Manchester United. The media and fans alike have already written them off, expecting an easy victory for United.

The Setup: Coventry City's manager, known for his tactical prowess, devises a cunning game plan to counter Manchester United's strengths. Recognizing United's tendency to dominate possession and rely on quick counterattacks, Coventry adopts a compact defensive strategy, conceding possession but staying organized at the back.

The Match: As the match kicks off, Manchester United predictably controls the early stages, pushing forward with their star-studded lineup. However, Coventry's defense holds firm, frustrating United's attempts to break through.

The Turning Point: Midway through the first half, Coventry City springs a surprise counterattack. A quick long ball over the top catches United's defense off guard, allowing Coventry's striker to break through on goal. With a composed finish, Coventry takes a shock lead against the run of play.

United's Response: Stunned by the goal, Manchester United ramps up the pressure, throwing everything forward in search of an equalizer. But Coventry's defense remains resolute, blocking shots and clearing danger at every opportunity.

The Upset: As the clock ticks down, Manchester United becomes increasingly desperate, leaving gaps at the back. Sensing an opportunity, Coventry launches another lightning-fast counterattack in the dying minutes of the match. This time, their winger races down the flank, delivering a pinpoint cross into the box. Coventry's midfielder rises highest and heads the ball past the outstretched arms of United's goalkeeper, sealing a historic victory for Coventry City.

The Aftermath: The final whistle blows, and Coventry City's players and fans erupt in jubilation. Against all odds, they have defeated one of the giants of English football and booked their place in the FA Cup final. It's a result that will be remembered for years to come, as Coventry City etches their name into footballing folklore with a David vs. Goliath victory for the ages.

False9

5 at the back should work well v United in theory.

Sit in and soak up pressure. Expose the makeshift defenders with our forwards.

messiahrobins

Smash fernandes early doors and he will go in a mood.

Rip rashford earrings out.
Call Rashford a left wing Corbyn Starmer loving traitor and keep saying Brexit to him and f@ck free school meals, and he will likely throw a punch if wound up enough.
Ask Fernandes if he goes to trans book reading events (he looks a bit of a wrong'un) and keep telling Anthony if he plays he is street beggar from filthy parts of Brazil. I dont see any issue with winding them up at all. In the 70's and 80's that was just normal stuff to do. Gen Z will of course cry and say its awful to suggest.

Briles

Call Rashford a left wing Corbyn Starmer loving traitor and keep saying Brexit to him and f@ck free school meals, and he will likely throw a punch if wound up enough.
Ask Fernandes if he goes to trans book reading events (he looks a bit of a wrong'un) and keep telling Anthony if he plays he is street beggar from filthy parts of Brazil. I dont see any issue with winding them up at all. In the 70's and 80's that was just normal stuff to do. Gen Z will of course cry and say its awful to suggest.

how does being able to read make you a wrongun?

gspotgaz

Casemiro and maguire still more than enough to handle most championship teams. Oh how will they cope with fernandes and mctominay in centre mid too… diddums

Briles

Casemiro and maguire still more than enough to handle most championship teams. Oh how will they cope with fernandes and mctominay in centre mid too… diddums

wish fadz was still here to play against Maguire, couldve put the head debate to bed

Users who are viewing this thread