Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (5 Viewers)

Flying Fokker

I’m sure most of them are lovely people but on the day they were shocking in terms of support. Only started singing after they scored then died down again for the rest of the match until they won.

Unbelievably quiet considering the occasion. We were much better and louder.
That’s what I thought as well.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Gutted, Mark Robins jinxed it by not wearing the white shirt he wore at Middlesbrough, all the rest of the staff did.

We go again next season. PUSB.

Tommo1993

Something I would really like to point out is after the game we were walking through the crowds outside next to Reda Johnson and Max Biamou. Some twat wandered up to Max and said “you’d have scored that wouldn’t you”. One can only assume he was referring to Dabo’s penalty.

The look on Max’s face was brilliant. It was a sort of ‘irritated, pissed off, have some respect’ sort of of look. I can’t abide by walking through hundreds of simpletons with dickhead comments after a gut wrenching loss, and there was fucking plenty of it.

Garlana86

Something I would really like to point out is after the game we were walking through the crowds outside next to Reda Johnson and Max Biamou. Some twat wandered up to Max and said “you’d have scored that wouldn’t you”. One can only assume he was referring to Dabo’s penalty.

The look on Max’s face was brilliant. It was a sort of ‘irritated, pissed off, have some respect’ sort of of look. I can’t abide by walking through hundreds of simpletons with dickhead comments after a gut wrenching loss, and there was fucking plenty of it.
Unfortunately there are alot of Coventry fans like this, the "only sing when we're winning" types, pretty insufferable. It's freshing to speak to the many other cov fans who are measured and level headed, but these often get overshadowed by the louts.

Mucca Mad Boys

Gutted about the result yesterday! As many expected, there was very little between the teams and it’s no surprise it went down to penalties. Robins covered everything well - we ran out of squad and we’ve got to use this as fuel for next season.

Big shout out to the SBA, my brother was sobbing and it was heartwarming to see 3-4 different people coming up words of comfort to him!

I also fainted on the overground to Watford Junction so I’d like to offer a thank you to the people who helped me out too! It was a long day in the sun!

robbiethemole

Woke up really angry this morning , so close to a year of PL trips to Anfield , Old Trafford , Stamford Bridge etc

Instead we’re going to be watching fucking Plymouth , Ipswich etc because a professional footballer can’t hit the target from 12 yards, useless clown.

I hope Luton get spanked every week next season and I will take great pleasure in seeing it. Fucking tinpot club with a shithole of a ground
Are you a professional c**t, or just a very good part- time one?

Blind-Faith

Are you a professional c**t, or just a very good part- time one?

I don’t get paid for it, so I’m unable to class myself as a professional.

Unlike Dabo, who actually gets paid to be a footballer, although after his performances this season and yesterdays miss, you would find hard to believe

croatskyblue

I don’t get paid for it, so I’m unable to class myself as a professional.

Unlike Dabo, who actually gets paid to be a footballer, although after his performances this season and yesterdays miss, you would find hard to believe

So.. the disastrous first half, the failure of Wilson to get near any penalties, the way Allen was anonymous, the fact Hamer got injured, the way we had no answer to their tactics, and the way that even when they were tired and we’d worked them out we still created virtually zero good chances- all of that is irrelevant.

Instead the entire reason we didn’t win is on a guy who stepped up to take a penalty because someone had to as our first choice five had all gone, and nobody else including better strikers of a ball stepped up to the plate.

Righto

I think most pretty much everyone is hurting today, but this torrent of bullshit you’re spewing at Dabo alone is weird. Yesterday was a wasted opportunity but one kick after 120 minutes was not the sole reason for that

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

So.. the disastrous first half, the failure of Wilson to get near any penalties, the way Allen was anonymous, the fact Hamer got injured, the way we had no answer to their tactics, and the way that even when they were tired and we’d worked them out we still created virtually zero good chances- all of that is irrelevant.

Instead the entire reason we didn’t win is on a guy who stepped up to take a penalty when nobody else did, because someone had to as our first choice five had all gone and nobody else including better strikers of a ball stepped up to the plate.

Righto

I think most pretty much everyone is hurting today, but this torrent of bullshit you’re spewing at Dabo alone is weird. Yesterday was a wasted opportunity but one kick after 120 minutes was not the sole reason for that

Im pretty sure even with all you’ve mentioned above, after 120 minutes the game finished 1-1. So even after all that they hadn’t beat us.

They won because Dabo missed his penalty , it’s as simple as that. That’s on him. He lost us the game!

Not enough people are hurting today , everyone’s to busy patting Luton on the back, kissing their arse and everyone wants to give Dabo a bravery sticker.

croatskyblue

Im pretty sure even with all you’ve mentioned above, after 120 minutes the game finished 1-1. So even after all that they hadn’t beat us.

They won because Dabo missed his penalty , it’s as simple as that. That’s on him. He lost us the game!

Not enough people are hurting today , everyone’s too busy patting Luton on the back, kissing their arse and everyone wants to give Dabo a bravery sticker.

how do you know how people are feeling?
I’d say most are feeling it, but they’re just not on a poisonous personal vendetta against Dabo

robins knows a fair bit more about football than you and I’d be pretty sure he’ll be looking at us and how we failed to compete then failed to create, and won’t be looking at Dabo as the entire reason for defeat when he comes to analysing the game

Balli001

Not enough people are hurting today , everyone’s to busy patting Luton on the back, kissing their arse and everyone wants to give Dabo a bravery sticker.
So had it been godden or gyokeres who missed would you be hanging them to dry? You clearly have an issue with dabo and seem almost delighted it was him that missed so you can have your unjustified rant.

Blind-Faith

So had it been godden or gyokeres who missed would you be hanging them to dry? You clearly have an issue with dabo and seem almost delighted it was him that missed so you can have your unjustified rant.

But Vik and Godden didn’t miss did they? Your talking in ifs/buts/maybes.Vik and Godden have contributed far more this season while Dabo has been poor for the majority of it.

I certainly am not happy he missed yesterday, do people not realise what we’ve missed out on? The packed full houses at home, the atmosphere , the new stadiums on away days, the money in the bank which would change the club for a lifetime, the quality of player we would be able to attract?

Instead we’ve got another season of away trips to shitholes like Plymouth and Rotherham to look forward to now.

We’re being linked with free transfers for players who played in league two for fucking Stevenage for Christ sake!

And my anger is apparently unjustified?? Has the world gone mad???

shmmeee

Yeah nothing makes losing worse than listening to the overly confident massively wrong opinions of some random
Talking of photos, it makes no difference now but does anybody else think this is out of play, this is just after contact.
View attachment 30032

Hard to tell but I don’t think the whole ball is out.

CovInEssex

But Vik and Godden didn’t miss did they? Your talking in ifs/buts/maybes.Vik and Godden have contributed far more this season while Dabo has been poor for the majority of it.

I certainly am not happy he missed yesterday, do people not realise what we’ve missed out on? The packed full houses at home, the atmosphere , the new stadiums on away days, the money in the bank which would change the club for a lifetime, the quality of player we would be able to attract?

Instead we’ve got another season of away trips to shitholes like Plymouth and Rotherham to look forward to now.

We’re being linked with free transfers for players who played in league two for fucking Stevenage for Christ sake!

And my anger is apparently unjustified?? Has the world gone mad???

I agree with you completely. Too much 'well we tried, love the lads' - no, the game was there for the taking. Dabo failed to hit the target like he has done for 2 seasons now. If it was Godden or Vik they'd be getting the same.

robbiethemole

I’m hurting plenty just like most on here, but I’ll keep my anger for the press and their wankfest over Luton, and for their fans who come on here with their pseudo-sympathy for us, just fuck off back to your own boards and enjoy it on there. I will not indulge in slagging Dabo over missing a penalty, do you think he missed it on purpose?

Users who are viewing this thread