Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

Keep gyok and hamer

Sell Allen dabo and godden

Keep Doyle and McNally on loan or perm and I'll start to be optimistic

Till then I'm just gutted

Grendel

I didn't think Luton deserved it. They went like us blokes do with an attractive woman and spunked their load early doors. They spent the last 45 mins plus 30 mins ET desperate for a pen. They were absolutely done and we didn't punish them

they were better than us today

HadjiChippo

look at the quality coming up from league 1 and the size of the teams coming down from the Prem, this league will be several times harder next year, it’ll all depend on solid reinvestment of whatever we get for Vik. You need to take your chances to get out of this hell of a league when you can

croatskyblue

Yeah, where was Bidwell when we needed him?

Also missing by that point Hamer and Palmer, who you'd have assumed would have been in the five.

well don’t forget Dabo wasn’t actually in the 5, the selected takers all scored, and scored well

Wilson failed to save any penalties at all, if people want to lash out unjustifiably then maybe look there as well

CCFCSteve

Yeah, where was Bidwell when we needed him?

Also missing by that point Hamer and Palmer, who you'd have assumed would have been in the five.

Strange about Bidwell especially as set piece taker… hamer, palmer and Allen wouldve all been in the mix. I was struggling to name five decent takers to be honest

Macca

Luton were the better team but we took it pretty much as far as we could go. Stayed and cheered them to the rafters

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just glad the goal was ruled out as I would have never forgiven panzo for that.

I'll get over Dabo missing the penalty and he was a great player for us in league 1

usskyblue

We had 120 minutes to win that and we couldn’t. Pens are pens, someone’s either going to fuck it up or the keeper’s going to make the save.

As hard as it is, we’ve got to move on and concentrate on where we go from here. If King gives Robins the Vic/Hamer money to reinvest the in the team, we have every chance to continue to improve again next season.

This is going to hurt for a long time but I have faith in the new owner and our management team.

blunted

Rabbits in the headlights first half. We really looked nervous exemplified by McNally passing the ball into touch. Robins and Adi changed the game in the second half. If Gus stayed fit, I think we would have won it, but fortune never smiled on us today. We have been shit at penalties for some time and I feared the worst once it was 1-1 after extra time. Feel sorry for Dabo as he never scores for us. We need to regroup and buy some players who can get us promoted once our stars are sold.

jordan210

Having time to think. About today and how cruel it is to lose on pens.

We have had a brilliant seasons after the shit that’s been thrown at us.

After that Var call I thought it was written in the stars for us but not to be

Users who are viewing this thread