Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (4 Viewers)

no_loyalty

I'd consider you a bit odd if you weren't confident of winning😁
I just hope , whatever the result , I don't see any of the vile hatred coming out of the north east. I know it's the Land of the Entitled, but bottom line is , both their teams got beaten.
When you read all the crap about our tatty old stadium , bear this bit in mind
I have noticed Luton have now been added to the Sunderland fans hate list 😂.

Madpig

Watching these guys vs Sunderland did make me think, anyone will struggle against these at set pieces, size and power is what they have. However, im hoping the space in wembley will suit us better.
Weirdly , Sunderland fielded a team of midgets (Mowbray fetish?) and then registered shock and dismay when we played in their weakness.

bigfatronssba

I just hope , whatever the result , I don't see any of the vile hatred coming out of the north east. I know it's the Land of the Entitled, but bottom line is , both their teams got beaten.

I do find all the comments (mainly from Premier League fans) about Kenilworth Road incredibly patronising.

Things such as "they won't be allowed to play in the PL with that ground".

If its good enough for the Championship why not the PL? Are Premier League fans more delicate than Championship fans?

Madpig

I do find all the comments (mainly from Premier League fans) about Kenilworth Road incredibly patronising.

Things such as "they won't be allowed to play in the PL with that ground".

If its good enough for the Championship why not the PL? Are Premier League fans more delicate than Championship fans?
They were happy enough to play there in the 80's when we won the League cup and finished 6th. I fear , given the chance, they'd vote for no relegation from the Prem

Harry

Wow, who would have thought six year ago or even 6 months ago it would be a Luton v Cov final. Robins has worked miracles as have Jones and Edwards. Wrexham may have the Hollywood flavour but give me a good gritty British kitchen sink story any day. Glad it is one us to that will go up and good luck to the best team on the day, hope we both do ourselves proud. COYH

Madpig

Wow, who would have thought six year ago or even 6 months ago it would be a Luton v Cov final. Robins has worked miracles as have Jones and Edwards. Wrexham may have the Hollywood flavour but give me a good gritty British kitchen sink story any day. Glad it is one us to that will go up and good luck to the best team on the day, hope we both do ourselves proud. COYH
Yeah , I reckon the last time I came to your place was a midweeker in L2, finished 2-2

Sky_Blue_Daz

Would the box formation work against Luton, i'm thinking we have the advantage with the bigger pitch and we defended like spartans last night, we can mix it physically in defence and in my opinion have the better midfield

Madpig

Would the box formation work against Luton, i'm thinking we have the advantage with the bigger pitch and we defended like spartans last night, we can mix it physically in defence and in my opinion have the better midfield
Strangely , Sunderland reckon we're dirty , and well get record red cards in the Prem. Look at the fair play table , they're way worse than us

Madpig

The pitch thing is a bit misleading, we e only lost 8 this season playing on all size pitches. This is gonna come down to bottle on the day. Both teams have what it takes to win

TomRad85

Lutons story is also a great one, i hope you go up next season.

ajsccfc

L2 playoffs, we were third placed of the four
Championship playoffs, third placed of four

L2 playoffs, drew the home leg and won away
Championship playoffs, drew at home and won away

L2 playoffs, won in the final against the highest placed team
Championship playoffs, Luton are the highest placed team

Madpig

L2 playoffs, we were third placed of the four
Championship playoffs, third placed of four

L2 playoffs, drew the home leg and won away
Championship playoffs, drew at home and won away

L2 playoffs, won in the final against the highest placed team
Championship playoffs, Luton are the highest placed team
We're serial play off bottlers. I'm clinging to ' our luck must change one day' theory😐

Jamesimus

Oh and we have no illusions here, if we go up , we'll get hammered , pocket the cash, come back down and fund our new stadium with the payoff. Then we start to build just as Brentford did.
This moment has come much sooner than we expected, probably by two years.

Same. We can build our new stadium next to Warwick Uni ... ...

Happy_Martian

I have to say that of the 3 other playoff teams, Luton is my least favourite based on previous results. Since 2017, we have not had much joy against the Hatters.

1684413181675.png

Users who are viewing this thread