Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I just think we have failed badly to anticipate their game plan

I am being kind there because if we did anticipate it then we just can’t deal with it and we’re finished

Whereas if we didn’t anticipate it then we can change it up and try to do something about it

Most of us called their gameplan, their manager said they wouldn’t change anything and so it has been. Just hoof it up to the brick shithouses.

We are far better than we’re showing.

skyblu3sk

Coming back in to it at the end but need more bite over Allen for me. This is the type of game Palmer would be good for if he's fit. At least we have slowed down giving the ball away. Few chances but need to be way better 2nd half.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Let ourselves down abit , but think we can pull it back

larry_david

All my pals who ain't cov and never seen us playing are messaging me laughing at how the hell we even got this far. That sums up how utterly shite we've been

JPG77

Awful performance so far, lucky to go in only one behind. I still believe we can do it but we need to change things, not getting anybody close enough to vik. Defensively we look weak. Massive half ahead, I honestly can't say what we need to do, it's Robins and Viveash's job to get this turned around, earn your money and get this done

The CableGuy

Well.....the best thing about that is were only 1-0 down and still in the game. Outplayed and outmuscled by Luton so far who could have wrapped this game up before now. Hit and hope to Vic ain't working and he needs more support up front.

We all knew Luton would press strong and be physical, yet we look surprised they're doing that.

Massive second-half coming up. Big changes needed or its City at Plymouth next season.

Martin180

Game starting too slow , we need Bidwell higher up the pitch . Norton-Cuffy causing problems
Early goal second half and we win PUSB

nicksar

Just started to get in the game late in the half,need to change things for the 2nd half,Allen is doing nothing at all hence Norton Cuffy getting more central .

HadjiChippo

Shooting towards our fans in the second half, hopefully that’ll give us an added incentive to get forward more. Vik’s too isolated again, looking like the SF first leg

Brighton Sky Blue

It was key going into this to not give away easy possession and to stop the hoof coming in. We have allowed it and can’t compete physically.

We also need to counter attack swiftly and spread the play. We have simply been very poor.

Don’t see it changing

NorthernWisdom

It was key going into this to not give away easy possession and to stop the hoof coming in. We have allowed it and can’t compete physically.

We also need to counter attack swiftly and spread the play. We have simply been very poor.

Don’t see it changing
Last ten minutes was better, got to hope they're slowing. Expect a tough first ten minutes of the second half and hope if we ride it out space opens up a bit.

pusbccfc

Bullied all over. Too soft and not streetwise enough. Reminds me of the Wrexham game, long ball is causing chaos.

Luton will cause a lot of teams problems next season. Like Stoke back in the day, a well executed long ball is near impossible to deal with.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it’s clear to see we’re not ready for promotion. Great spirit to get to Wembley but this looks one hurdle too far at this time.

Hope I’m proved wrong.

tisza

Take 1 nil after that. Can't win a 2nd ball in any part of the field. Over hitting everything towards gyökeres.getting swamped when on the ball. Hopefully Luton will tire a bit 2nd half

Users who are viewing this thread