Video Coventry City v Hull City highlights (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

What was it with the Hull players running towards Singers Corner, rather than their own fans to celebrate? - looks a bit tawtish. Is that why everybody was calling out Carvalho for being a kernt?

Otis

Watching those highlights I really don't get the criticism of Thomas for that second goal.

Happens all the time and has happened throughout the history of competitive sport.

You get a head or face injury and immediately your body reacts to that as you feel it, then you try to continue, only to then slump to the ground, or go down on your haunches because you can't carry on and the pain kicks in more.

I don't get the harshness in the match thread of him for the incident. The rest of the team should have carried on though and not switched off.

The tackle was outside the box too, though I can see why the ref gave it

If only he had VAR. 🤪

Hobo

The penalty, there was contact outside the box but Hull player continues into the box on his feet more contact and he goes down.

If it had been our player we would have been saying that's a penalty.

Clumsy no need challenge by us.

Hobo

Watching those highlights I really don't get the criticism of Thomas for that second goal.

Happens all the time and has happened throughout the history of competitive sport.

You get a head or face injury and immediately your body reacts to that as you feel it, then you try to continue, only to then slump to the ground, or go down on your haunches because you can't carry on and the pain kicks in more.

I don't get the harshness in the match thread of him for the incident. The rest of the team should have carried on though and not switched off.

The tackle was outside the box too, though I can see why the ref gave it

If only he had VAR. 🤪

Thomas wasn't at fault at all for the second goal.

Otis

Thomas wasn't at fault at all for the second goal.
Not talking about the goal itself. I was focusing on posters criticising him last night because he got up and then went back down again when the two players clashed.

It came across as accusing him of all being a bit fake and it being pathetic.

I just don't see that from that highlights reel.

Seems clear to me that he realised he couldn't carry on and had to go down on his haunches

Hobo

Not talking about the goal itself. I was focusing on posters criticising him last night because he got up and then went back down again when the two players clashed.

It came across as accusing him of all being a bit fake and it being pathetic.

I just don't see that from that highlights reel.

Seems clear to me that he realised he couldn't carry on and had to go down on his haunches

I hoped my statement would convey that? Agree

torchomatic

The more times I see those goals the more annoyed I feel about Collins.
I think I can forgive the first. Things happen, a bobble, lack of concentration. When a keeper makes a mistake - as players all over the pitch do - then it tends to lead to a goal. Their third goal though is something else entirely. Maybe Bobby should have had more weight to it, but it seemed Collins almost pulled out of even trying to clear the ball. Strange decision and one that could cost him the Number One jersey. Next season, if not this.

Hertsccfc

I think I can forgive the first. Things happen, a bobble, lack of concentration. When a keeper makes a mistake - as players all over the pitch do - then it tends to lead to a goal. Their third goal though is something else entirely. Maybe Bobby should have had more weight to it, but it seemed Collins almost pulled out of even trying to clear the ball. Strange decision and one that could cost him the Number One jersey. Next season, if not this.
Agree on the first, but there have been too many of these mistakes recently. The third though is inexcusable.

MalcSB

He didn’t almost pull out, he totally pulled out.

Users who are viewing this thread