Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (1 Viewer)

Jarvo87

My thoughts for what they’re worth:
Wilson & back three all played well, esp Fadz & Lati.
MVE seems to lack fitness, sharpness & confidence but I’m sure all three will come; Dasilva had a good game.
Sheaf solid and a great first half; Eccles, I thought did well in parts but tired significantly and I’m not sure we will finish top 6 with him in that role ~ also wish he would stop with the ridiculous dives and unnecessary, niggly fouls.
Palmer, really very good, esp first half (shaded MoM for me as ultimately only one who got me out of my seat)
Godden tried hard but didn’t influence the game, Simms similar and didn’t get any service of note, to suit his strengths.
Subs wise:
Wright missed a great chance but didn’t affect the game as I thought he might.
Yasin looks to have something about him for sure.
Thought we might have seen Saka; bench looked weak beyond that in terms of game changing options.

Sunderland seemed to be set up for a point and I thought were pretty average for first 35 or so. Started second half better than we did and had more of the game. Clarke and Cirkin both had good games on their left and Pritchard made a difference when he came on.

Overall a reasonable game for 0-0
Very decent 26k crowd but atmosphere pretty flat 6/10, ref 7/10 (personally thought he did ok apart from the ridiculous shirt pulling and blocking during a corner in the 2nd half!)

Sky Blue Pete

Honestly think we’re just missing that dynamism in the CM slot and we’re there or there abouts. Id bring Ayari in for a striker until then, if we’re going to have more possession then we need to have more players who can break that final third as well as score themselves.
Agreed

SBAndy

What a pile of shit, what’s with all the bullshit numbers, get a fucking life. Chances were missed, the opposition keeper wasn’t really stretched….. put a daft figure on it 🙄

If the numbers mean nothing to you then:

a) you’re probably not the target audience.
b) it might be worth reading and understanding what it means in qualitative form.

Simms’s chance was first half , his and Wrights were one on one with only the keeper to beat, both were straight at him

My mistake, yes it was first half. Had in my head that we were shooting towards the away fans in 2nd half as we usually would. But yes, both chances are down at very slim odds to score. Don’t get me wrong, watching live I thought the Wright one in particular should have been buried but when it’s set against this purported “half decent chance” Godden had it really highlights the bias. This is as much self-critical as criticising anyone else’s bias.

Hertsccfc

I thought it was a really high quality match between two good sides.

Dasilva motm for me but Latibeaudiere was excellent too. Fadz, Eccles and Palmer at times also played well. I really like Latibeaudiere because he uses the ball so well and is aggressive defensively. Thomas is ok defensively but distribution seems poor, very similar to McNally.

I thought Eccles had a good game until he tired at the end. Sheaf did some good things but nowhere near as good as against Middlesbrough. Was interested to see how frustrated he was getting with Simms, and Sheaf doesn't normally seem like that. A couple of times he seemed annoyed by Simms lack of pressure on the Sunderland defence. Never seen Sheaf react like that with one of our players before.

I thought Simms looked better than previous matches but still he was pretty poor. Unfortunately this week Wright was no better.

Ayari looks a player but also messed up a couple if times. I think he'll do well though.

Sunderland defended well which explains our lack of chances, despite playing well, and they looked dangerous at times too.

Greggs

Hamer or Gyokores in the side we win 3-0. Thank god we've got 2 10 million quid strikers though.....

Covcraig@bury

Just had my one and only Scumberland friend call me who came down for the game …. She said we have spent all this money on players that are average for this league. Not bad at the back but could be over run quite easy down the flanks . Eccles was MOTM for us which I can kind of agree with . Palmer and Sheaf very composed but lacking drive . Godden and Simms very poor .
if we finish top half it’s a good season

Greggs

Just had my one and only Scumberland friend call me who came down for the game …. She said we have spent all this money on players that are average for this league. Not bad at the back but could be over run quite easy down the flanks . Eccles was MOTM for us which I can kind of agree with . Palmer and Sheaf very composed but lacking drive . Godden and Simms very poor .
Careful mate, people will block you if you criticise.

Martin180

Sounds like a typical Scumberland fan , we will be top 6

Rugby Sky Blue

Wasn’t the best game but I did think we were slightly the better team particularly in the first half. Although other than Palmer it was hard to see where the goal would come from. Like some have mentioned on here I thought Eccles was decent.

Grendel

Not sure if I was watching a different game but Wright looked very good to me in his short time on the pitch. He is going to be a very important player for us.

Some of the reactions on here to a 0-0 draw this early in the season are ridiculous.

Anyone writing off players after 3-4 games - get a fucking grip.

Judging by your comments on the first half I’d say you were at a different game yes

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just watching the extended highlights and everyone missed this blatant handball from O'Nien on MVE's first long throw. No one appealed and he's just back-handed it away!

1693134293841.png

DannyThomas_1981

Judging by your comments on the first half I’d say you were at a different game yes
Judging by your insane and clueless demands to order taxis for Robins (who has been our manager for 350 games and an amazing success)….

…it’s 100% evident at this point that you’ve been at 350 different games to the rest of us.

Seriously I actually can’t understand how anyone who watches football can be so clueless- it’s one of the great mysteries.

Grendel

Seriously I actually can’t understand how anyone who watches football can be so clueless- it’s one of the great mysteries.

Don’t be too hard on yourself

Johhny Blue

All I know is that I’ve been able to watch I think one fucking game so far for my £140 a year iFollow overseas pass

fucking joke
Isn’t kick off past your bedtime?
I’ve got used to just waiting until midnight GMT which is 4:00 p.m. for me and Sunday morning for you. Although saying that the Sunderland game was locked for almost an extra day for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread