Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] Match Thread - Tuesday 6th Feb (3 Viewers)

Samo

Is this game being shown anywhere?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Give the key players a rest for this one

Collins
Lati Thomas Binks DaSilva
Allen Kelly Eccles
Simms Godden Palmer

Torp on for Eccles at 45 minutes

Hertsccfc

Don't get why Simms and Wright don't just rotate during games tbh. Share the touches, confuse defenders.
They did at one stage at Norwich and I agree this can be a good approach. Indeed no reason why the whole front three cannot do it as it gives defenders more to think about.

Three forwards constantly changing positions I think can often be the most potent form of attack. Liverpool often did it with Mane, Salah and Firmino. Was more effective than each player just staying in one position. Also works well with a false 9.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

The game for a test is Maidstone,

No Eccles ?? We need him to play alongside Torp as much as possible to develop an understanding and partnership, especially with Sheaf side lined for a few weeks what better than cup-tie.
They did at one stage at Norwich and I agree this can be a good approach. Indeed no reason why the whole front three cannot do it as it gives defenders more to think about.

Three forwards constantly changing positions I think can often be the most potent form of attack. Liverpool often did it with Mane, Sarah and Firmino. Was more effective than each player just staying in one position. Also works well with a false 9.
I’d guess because Saka has a partnership with MVE down the right and they’re reluctant to get out of sync on each flank. Next season perhaps

SkyBlueSoul

Guessing he'll give Wilson a run out for this one. We've got an extra day's rest until Sunday so I'd go strong from the start, try and get into half time with a lead.

Wilson
MvE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Eccles Torp
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

Collins, Dasilva, Lati, Kelly, Allen, Palmer , Godden, Tavares, [U23]

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Give the key players a rest for this one

Collins
Lati Thomas Binks DaSilva
Allen Kelly Eccles
Simms Godden Palmer

Torp on for Eccles at 45 minutes

With that team they will be able to rest in the next round because they will be out of the cup 😞

skybluelee

It will be on Bet 365 albeit on a smaller screen for sone reason. I saw people say via other betting sites they could get the game on a full screen though
Yeah - I was able to watch full screen on Paddy Power for the first game.

Como

I had a look and it seemed to be shown in Denmark and I know someone in Denmark but as far as I can tell they are not showing it.

Quite why it is not on IFollow I do not know.

fernandopartridge

I had a look and it seemed to be shown in Denmark and I know someone in Denmark but as far as I can tell they are not showing it.

Quite why it is not on IFollow I do not know.
Ifollow is a deal signed with the EFL. Given the importance of gate receipts to smaller teams in the FA cup I doubt it'd ever be implemented for cup games.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread