Coventry City rumoured to be in for Brentford striker Nick Proschwitz (1 Viewer)

Wiseoldfool

So...This must point to a manager being lined up? I dont see why the baord would allow Hockaday to bring in anyone when hes only expected to be in charge for a week.

Warburton and Rosler are the Brentford links... Would gladly have either.

Apparentley we have been tracking him for a while.So looks like a Waggott signing

Wheelfass

Just watched all his YouTube stuff and he looks like a "typical" centre forward, has a decent shot and a good target man who also looks composed in front of goal. Wonder if the idea is to use him in a more direct formation rather than sideways and backwards.....that would make a nice change.

dongonzalos

About 2 years 2 late then! Both German though...Wonder if the odds will change now.

I was thinking more I. Terms of he was looking at him before he left Brentford.
Didn't think he was good enough for Wigan but recommended Brentford to him when it finally came round.
Who know could just be they are both German strikers with links to Brentford a coincidence nothing more.
Looking at Rosler's record I hope it is a sign

torchomatic

Absolutely, when we're flying high in the league and scoring for fun then why would we need a striker?

Just what we need another striker:facepalm: you can never have enough seems to be the new policy

ccfcway

The Way Forward - Fri 2nd Jan

Today, we have an imbalance in the ratio of loan to permanent players in the squad. The loan market provides an opportunity for clubs to bolster squads – however, we simply have too many loan players. While loan players can work well there are inherent problems. The introduction of loan players from clubs which do not have the same work or stamina ethic creates injury risk. The players are not ‘game ready’ – they have not played in the first team regularly and do not have the required level of fitness.

LJC_CCFC

Not surprised at all by this, Hockaday worked under Graham Taylor and Hoofroyd so his footballing principles are there for all to see. Obviously I will reserve full judgement until after a few games, but this could be the beginning of Hoofroyd 2.0.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is that a youth loan? I have a vague recollection that doesn't count within the 5 loan players thing? I may be wrong.

It doesn't apply to the usual emergency loan rules like max 93 day stay and stuff like that, I think it still counts to the 5 player loan count.

SkyBlueBee

A mate of mine is a Brentford season ticket holder, said we've got a real decent player in Proschwitz

I think your mate was pulling your leg....

He's not good enough at Championship level "bambi on ice" springs to mind. Telling that Warburton said that "he'll (NP) do well at that level" so might be ok in League 1

Paxman II

So...This must point to a manager being lined up? I dont see why the baord would allow Hockaday to bring in anyone when hes only expected to be in charge for a week.

Warburton and Rosler are the Brentford links... Would gladly have either.

It would be rather silly to be bringing in new players when you are about to appoint a new manager. Firstly any decent new manager will want control of this area and not be dictated to days before agreeing a contract. It makes me believe the new man is already picked and looking in the stands at the home game tomorrow will be very telling. There is certain to be one or two there but I believe th ex appointed one already knows who he is. Rosler and Warburton are very good shouts.

FRY-CCFC

MK Dons are about to sign Joe Walsh and an un-named prem striker on loan. That will take their total number of loans to 7. They're 2nd.

shy_tall_knight

Is he the first German to ever play for Coventry ?
If he scores a few goals will the press go for a cheap Coventry blitz type line or will they wait for Rossler's appointment.

I get the feeling Nouble is either way off fitness or they just don't rate him that he will be able to deliver. Does he starty in preference to Tudguy as Samuels will definitely start. I think Tudguy Samuels will start with the German who is surely kacking match fitness to come off the bench.

Esoterica

It would be rather silly to be bringing in new players when you are about to appoint a new manager. Firstly any decent new manager will want control of this area and not be dictated to days before agreeing a contract. It makes me believe the new man is already picked and looking in the stands at the home game tomorrow will be very telling. There is certain to be one or two there but I believe th ex appointed one already knows who he is. Rosler and Warburton are very good shouts.

Warburton is hot property and heavily linked to the QPR and Fulham jobs in the summer having taken Brentford to the edge of the Championship Play Offs. He'll also probably be at Brentford's game against Birmingham tomorrow, rather than in our stands. Where he won't be is watching a bottom 4 League 1 side where the CEO heavily influences transfer policy. So far from being a very good shout I don't know how to describe it

steveecov

Is he the first German to ever play for Coventry ?
If he scores a few goals will the press go for a cheap Coventry blitz type line or will they wait for Rossler's appointment.

I get the feeling Nouble is either way off fitness or they just don't rate him that he will be able to deliver. Does he starty in preference to Tudguy as Samuels will definitely start. I think Tudguy Samuels will start with the German who is surely kacking match fitness to come off the bench.

FINALLY...somebody else has recognised how absolute garbage that Reda piss stained boot wearing ass is.

Paxman II

The thing here is, last season when SP made such an impact from a deficit of - 10 where we're all the courters for his services?

steveecov

The thing here is, last season when SP made such an impact from a deficit of - 10 where we're all the courters for his services?

That Huddersfield rumour got started.

Tim and Steve believed it.

Thought "Hello compo to be had here,"

Offered SP 4 year deal.

Trumped again.

Gazolba

"Is he the first German to ever play for Coventry ?"

Don't forget legend Dietmar Bruck
And Frank Kletzenbauer

Sky Blue Harry H

MK Dons are about to sign Joe Walsh and an un-named prem striker on loan. That will take their total number of loans to 7. They're 2nd.

Life's been good to them (so far) :guitar2:;);) (one for the old ones!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread