Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So frustrating to think we dropped three points against this Rotherham team

Grendel

PVA

Really good leadership from Lati at the end there:

Clocked that Andrews had messed up with his first couple of touches and may have knocked his confidence, so actively called him into the deep midfield space to play a few simples passes the next time he gor the ball

When Andrews came on Vivash made a point of telling Latibeaudiere to talk and communicate with Andrews. Credit to Adi.

David O'Day

Not sure how the ref could have doubted his decision regarding the first goal given the keeper then spent the next 10 minutes pointing at himself and holding his hand up in apology.

Boicey

Thomas did really well tonight, fought for everything. Him and Kitching have to play together.
Bidwell also solid. Has to start.
Eccles did well, positive and put a lot of energy in.
Palmer a bit disappointing he didn’t put them to the sword. He tended to go flash rather than really hurting them.
Torp a bit quiet. Kelly was Kelly, too much backward passing.
Simms motm obviously.
Some credit to Tavares as well. Seems to have a composed eye for goal.

Matt smith

Thomas did really well tonight, fought for everything. Him and Kitching have to play together.
Palmer a bit disappointing he didn’t put them to the sword. He tended to go flash rather than really hurting them.
Simms motm obviously.
Thomas was very good tonight

shmmeee

Was so sick of Kelly. Not even trying to look up and see what’s in front of him by the end. I swear if he took a penalty he’d pass if back to the centre backs.

shmmeee

He had a really good game. What an odd take.

Just such a frustrating midfielder. I get he’s not at the level quality wise, but just awfully safe at all times. Even 5-0 up against the worst we’ve played all season. I get people love him for the meme but come on.

steve101

Was so sick of Kelly. Not even trying to look up and see what’s in front of him by the end. I swear if he took a penalty he’d pass if back to the centre backs.
Have you not heard of triangles - you go back to go forward. His role is to break up play, close down space and play it off so that we can build again. As a team we too often force passes and lose possession.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The old 5

Miguel Herrera Win GIF

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Simms motm obviously.

Eccles had one of the best, if not THE best game I’ve seen him play this season I think

skybluecam

Kelly just doesn't have enough in his locker to match our league ambitions. Legs gone and can't play forward.

MikeyMoo

Kelly just plays the simple ball back to the 3 and then we're forwards again. Can't understand the criticisms, except on pace, that's fair, he makes up for it by not making mistakes! Wright also good I thought, can't understand the criticisms, it was when he and Palmer went off that we struggled to maintain what we had going in the first half. And as for those worried we'd be embarrased... I watched on sky, have to say it didn't sound like much of an atmosphere - it's been heaving the last 10 minutes of Ipswich/Brizzle by comparison.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Just such a frustrating midfielder. I get he’s not at the level quality wise, but just awfully safe at all times. Even 5-0 up against the worst we’ve played all season. I get people love him for the meme but come on.

I have to agree with this - he is very one dimensional

definitely can do a job against a lower level team just sat in the midfield, but with little pace now and little willing to look or move forward he’ll definitely not be as effective against anybody half decent

Ccfcisparks

Kelly just plays the simple ball back to the 3 and then we're forwards again. Can't understand the criticisms, except on pace, that's fair, he makes up for it by not making mistakes! Wright also good I thought, can't understand the criticisms, it was when he and Palmer went off that we struggled to maintain what we had going in the first half. And as those claiming we'd be embarrased. I watched on sky, have to say it didn't sound like much of an atmosphere - it's been heaving the last 10 minutes of Ipswich/Brizzle by comparison.
Yes the criticism tonight is really odd

Users who are viewing this thread