Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (3 Viewers)

Viktor17

Lads we got to the play off final playing 3-5-2 or a variation of it last season, it is not the problem per sē. The reality is we just don't have the players to play 4-3-3 so we need to try and do something else.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Disagree. It can be 4222 / 4231 / 433 / anything but 5. It’s dated, we look horrifically slow and passive playing it, like we did all season up to Preston.

Offhegoes

Eccles was superb at Leicester at RWB on the opening game of the season. If this is the formation tonight then I prefer Josh there then Lati.

Essexrobbie

I think the deal has already been done, and he doesn't need to sell himself as he's available on a free.
And He'll already know who he's playing for next season.
If that's the case and Robins is in on it, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the club again. Let him sit it out somewhere and Id love to get to Wembley just to have him miss out again.

fernandopartridge

Disagree. It can be 4222 / 4231 / 433 / anything but 5. It’s dated, we look horrifically slow and passive playing it, like we did all season up to Preston.
4222 was dreadful at West Brom, does not work with O'Hare and Palmer occupying the same space

4231 does not work with the players available

fernandopartridge

If that's the case and Robins is in on it, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the club again. Let him sit it out somewhere and Id love to get to Wembley just to have him miss out again.
Oh give it a rest man, if he's here and we are paying him then he plays, end of. It is silly not to use a player that you are paying

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe MR has chosen that team because it has the personnel to switch from 3ATB to a back 4.

Viktor17

4222 was dreadful at West Brom, does not work with O'Hare and Palmer occupying the same space

4231 does not work with the players available

it does - its just Palmer for Tats. It's about mindset - that's down to robins and adi.

It was 3 at back and WBA - it was horrid. Its had its day.

blunted

To quote the modern day philosophers of Fun Boy Three and Bananarama;

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it
And that's what gets results
Have a bit of decorum first recorded by Harry James, Jimmy Lunceford and Ella Fitzgerald. A jazz standard and a much better version.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

100% it can. Lati at RB, Torp AM, Palmer RW... its not completely ideal obviously but its far better than the alternative.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It is better than the alternative, but those cucking for a back 5 will probably feel vindicated when we win, as it's Rotherham we are playing who could frankly be beaten with five men playing a 5-a-side diamond formation.

fernandopartridge

It is better than the alternative, but those cucking for a back 5 will probably feel vindicated when we win, as it's Rotherham we are playing who could frankly be beaten with five men playing a 5-a-side diamond formation.
Using the same logic playing 4-3-3 tonight is no conclusive proof of anything either

fatso

I doubt if he'd be overly bothered tbf.

He's happy counting his dosh!

shepardo01

We'll play a cobbled together 3/5/2 and win tonight - Robins will think it's ok, do the same against Watford who are struggling for confidence - we'll sit off them instead of getting at them early on - be two down after 25 mins, he'll change it back on 70 and we'll lose 3-1.

Nick

Administrator
Might be looking into it too much but ohare is warming up on his own. Just stood on his own doing volleys.

covcity4life

We'll play a cobbled together 3/5/2 and win tonight - Robins will think it's ok, do the same against Watford who are struggling for confidence - we'll sit off them instead of getting at them early on - be two down after 25 mins, he'll change it back on 70 and we'll lose 3-1.
Do you think he should be sacked? Serious question

shepardo01

Got a feeling that this might be a 3/5/2 when out of possession - then he'll move Eccles up to be part of a 3 when in possession??? (If it is to be believed that Eccles is RWB)
He clearly hasn't got confidence in our defence - admitted it after the Preston game.
It needs good discipline and hard work to do this.

Viktor17

People referencing 532 last season as a marker: We had a freak up front, which meant we could just go back to front with out any care on quality of ball because he would just get hold of it and more often than not get something. Then we had a midfielder who basically played as a 6/8/10 and was so dynamic in last 3/4 months. That hid a lot of flaws.

We no longer have those 2 players. The change to 433/4321 this year showcased our players in there best light, we looked dynamic and full of excitement during our good run. One man should not change that, yes its not ideal, but the alternative is frankly horrid - as Friday showed.

Users who are viewing this thread