Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (7 Viewers)

hamertime

My prediction for today

GK O’HARE

DEF SIMMS
DEF ECCLES
DEF COLLINS
DEF WILSON

MID WRIGHT
MID MVE
MID BIDWELL

ST THOMAS
ST MVE

playing the Christmas tree wing back penetrating overlapping formation.

procdoc

I really hope we go back to a back Four tonight. I’m tired and don’t want to watch us play wingbacks, it’s boring as fuck.
Also for the love of God stop playing Ben Wilson and Dasilva. I’d bring Godden in and play Simms wide right
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Torp
Simms O’Hare Wright
Godden

David O'Day

My prediction for today

GK O’HARE

DEF SIMMS
DEF ECCLES
DEF COLLINS
DEF WILSON

MID WRIGHT
MID MVE
MID BIDWELL

ST THOMAS
ST MVE

playing the Christmas tree wing back penetrating overlapping formation.
also playing 10 men

skybluesteve

I went to QPR-Rotherham a couple of weeks back. Rotherham pressed well for 15 mins and scored (Eaves, of course) but ran out of steam as QPR passed around them. If we can keep them out for 20 mins we'll win comfortably. That's a big if, though - especially if JDS starts and we don't mark Eaves.

Fergusons_Beard

Any noise re formation tonight?

I fucking hope not.

Really fuckin not on this insider shit.

Can we really not wait until official release before finding out.

Only thing it does is give the opposition a leg up and fans the time to moan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Someone posted up a stats comparison with MvE Bidwell and Dasilva. The only thing Bidwell was far superior on was heading. Everything else was about the same or (shot creating actions/assists) Dasilva was slightly better.

Which is why stats can only take you so far. I can't see how anyone that has watched Da Silva play can seriously stand there and say he's better than Bidwell. Key passes mean nothing if you're responsible for conceding goals every week. There is an argument that applies to other players as well.

In this situation one of these two is a comfortable Championship player, the other is out of his depth.

hamertime

Surely a promotion chasing side can’t crumble to the pressure of playing the bottom of the league side at home?

steve101

I have been impressed whenever I have seen Rathbone play. Type of box to box player that would be useful in our squad. If he is declared fit after his concussion, they will be a stronger team for it. Even so, we should be more than good enough to win comfortably.

MikeyMoo

We will see them off with ease, 2-0 or more. We’ve just got way too much for them. A run of good wins now up to the FA Cup QF. Season blip over.

ProfessorbyGrace

Anyone else noticed that the official ‘City Unseen’ videos don’t include the footage from training sessions anymore?

I found that odd.

Anyhoo, win tonight should do nicely. Let’s just get over the finish line as best as we can. PUSB ⚽️

SkyB

If we don't win tonight it's clear something has disrupted the harmony and balance in the squad, we should comfortably beat these given their track record and injury problems.
Wright and O'Hare to score.

O'hare to do the Simms shhh celebration and half the fan base to lose there mind again?

SBT

Which is why stats can only take you so far. I can't see how anyone that has watched Da Silva play can seriously stand there and say he's better than Bidwell. Key passes mean nothing if you're responsible for conceding goals every week. There is an argument that applies to other players as well.

In this situation one of these two is a comfortable Championship player, the other is out of his depth.
The stats are pretty clear tbh - Dasilva is decent in possession and going forward (generally better than Bidwell), and an absolute bombscare when he defends, especially in the air.

It should be obvious by now when and how we should be playing him - Bidwell seems the obvious choice for a flat back four; Dasilva does have something to offer if we’re playing with wingbacks.

mmttww

Anyone else noticed that the official ‘City Unseen’ videos don’t include the footage from training sessions anymore?

It didn't used to, then it did, but sometimes it doesn't. I really wouldn't go reading anything into it!

Hertsccfc

Yes stats are only valid when they back up your own opinion.

SeaSeeEffCee

Looking at the fixtures of those around us we probably need to take 9-10 points from the next 4 games to stand any chance. Starting with a comfortable win tonight.

ProfessorbyGrace

It didn't used to, then it did, but sometimes it doesn't. I really wouldn't go reading anything into it!
Of course, the mind tries to make feasible connections via tenuous links, but if it’s only a semi-regular feature anyway. Time to retire the tinfoil hat, for at least a few hours.

Gibbo

Ignoring the bullshit at the bottom, I'm staggered at the criticism of Collins by some on here. As mentioned in this tweet, he's having a wonderful season.
Does not distribute quick enough, does not dominate the 6 yard box. Being a good shot stopper is just the basic standard. We need the extras

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The stats are pretty clear tbh - Dasilva is decent in possession and going forward (generally better than Bidwell), and an absolute bombscare when he defends, especially in the air.

It should be obvious by now when and how we should be playing him - Bidwell seems the obvious choice for a flat back four; Dasilva does have something to offer if we’re playing with wingbacks.
Yes stats are only valid when they back up your own opinion.

I honestly don't see how anyone can keep a serious face and say they would rather play Da Silva in any formation, especially over Bidwell.

SkyBlueSoul

Revert to a back 4, give Kelly another game and rest Eccles, then fit someone like Palmer on the right because we've got no-one who can do what Saka does. I'd have Collins back in but doesn't look like MR will.

3-1 City. Simms, Wright, Torp. Should be doing these.

Wilson
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Kelly Torp
Palmer O'Hare Wright
Simms

Collins, Lati, Binks, Dasilva, Eccles, Tavares, Godden, Kids x 2

SBT

I honestly don't see how anyone can keep a serious face and say they would rather play Da Silva in any formation, especially over Bidwell.
Well that’s not even what I said, but if you want to go down that road, Robins has opted for Dasilva over Bidwell many times, and on a few occasions it’s worked well. It’s also resulted in one of the worst individual performances I can remember from a City player, of course!

This is all easy to see from both the good old fashioned eye test AND the data. There is no great mystery here. I’ve no idea why Bidwell vs Dasilva continues to be this controversial question, the pros and cons of each player are screamingly obvious.

wingy

Well that’s not even what I said, but if you want to go down that road, Robins has opted for Dasilva over Bidwell many times, and on a few occasions it’s worked well. It’s also resulted in one of the worst individual performances I can remember from a City player, of course!

This is all easy to see from both the good old fashioned eye test AND the data. There is no great mystery here. I’ve no idea why Bidwell vs Dasilva continues to be this controversial question, the pros and cons of each player are screamingly obvious.
Well it would be a huge call on his judgement for me!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Anyone need a ticket for tonight? I may have two spare, mate has to work lates but let me know as I will need to see if I can pick them up from him.

Users who are viewing this thread