Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

I would give 352 another go. Robins has admitted didn't send them out to attack, I am sure Tuesday will be different.

Let's get a much needed win under four belt

First of 4 massive games in march.

Briles

I know this probably sounds bizarre (and maybe it is), but the first name on the team sheet for me, given the lack of fight shown in the last two league matches is Liam Kelly. Second would be Palmer.
I would bring Bidwell and Collins back in for Dasilva and Wilson. If we play a back 3, I would have Latibeudiere as RCB, with Kitching in the middle and Binks LCB. If a back 4, then Thomas and Kitching.
I agree. Kelly is no sheaf but he is the calming influence we need when being pressed which we have lacked

SkyblueTexan

8 games since they last got a point lets not spoil that record.Think we were the last side beaten by them.
Surely lightning can't strike twice can it?
Who knows. It could. Anything other than 3 points surely extinguishes any remaining hopes of a playoff push though I think most are resigned to the notion that the ship has sailed.

chiefdave

Pretty pathetic if true without knowing what was said.
How do you know its pathetic without knowing what was said, or if it even happened?

If, and at this point it's a big if, Collins has been dropped for having an argument with Robins what the fuck were they arguing about? We were at the top of the form table, apparently everyone thinks Collins is the greatest keeper we've had in years, there defiantly has to be more to that story, again if its true.

Sick Boy

How do you know its pathetic without knowing what was said, or if it even happened?

If, and at this point it's a big if, Collins has been dropped for having an argument with Robins what the fuck were they arguing about? We were at the top of the form table, apparently everyone thinks Collins is the greatest keeper we've had in years, there defiantly has to be more to that story, again if its true.
It’s all a bit weird though, especially as Collins is by far the better ‘keeper. We’ve also paid £4m for a CB who’s now just sitting on the bench.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

2-0. Normal services restored.

messiahrobins

@Saddlebrains - this seems to be going round re Collins/Kitching
Anything in this? (Yes, I know it's source is twitter...)

Might be some truth in this as i suspect Robins got irritated by Collins distribution, especially at Plymouth and perhaps told him so. Kitching isnt really in a position to question the manager, id say only Mcfadzean Kelly Allen Godden and Bidwell had that luxury.
Likely a storm in a tea cup. I think Wilson will get the nod on Tuesday but i also feel any more mistakes by him will see him not only benched for the rest of the season but also out the club in the summer. I am certain the club will try and get a top class experienced keeper.

Saddlebrains

Ive not heard anything about any fall out

Although Bidwell and Kitching were originslky starting until about 3 hours before the game so something chnaged

shmmeee

Fuck the pair of them if they’re getting arsey quite frankly. Don’t need it in the dressing room.
Might be some truth in this as i suspect Robins got irritated by Collins distribution, especially at Plymouth and perhaps told him so. Kitching isnt really in a position to question the manager, id say only Mcfadzean Kelly Allen Godden and Bidwell had that luxury.
Likely a storm in a tea cup. I think Wilson will get the nod on Tuesday but i also feel any more mistakes by him will see him not only benched for the rest of the season but also out the club in the summer. I am certain the club will try and get a top class experienced keeper.

If two new players are giving lip to the manager frankly they can both fuck off in the summer and we’ll get someone with the right attitude in. You don’t win va Robins here.

Sick Boy

It’s still superior to Wilson’s distribution which has always been dreadful. I don’t think any of those players are/were in a position to question the manager either.

curly_tom

Yeah I did see the goal and he could do nothing. It seems we could have got a point with all the shots we had. I haven’t read the match thread but I assume there was some melt-down and blame happening.

i think we should win this tomorrow and get back to within 3/4 points of 6th.

JulianDarbyFTW

My only real criticism of MR is that he sometimes plays to not lose rather than to win. Sometimes it works, like against Leeds, but Ipswich springs to mind as one where we just gave too much respect. We're a pretty good team, so I just wish he'd attack the game a bit more and let the opposition worry about us. Against Rotherham I expect us to go for it, but against the 'bigger' teams I think we sometimes roll over and let our belly get tickled.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Who knows. It could. Anything other than 3 points surely extinguishes any remaining hopes of a playoff push though I think most are resigned to the notion that the ship has sailed.
Don't be "resigned" just yet .Every team has 30 points to play for and top and bottom both being tight, you will see many strange results(leicester1 qpr2) between now and the end of the season.

Chris1987

If fit surely Collins Kitching & Bidwell start on merit.
I've had enough of JDS unfortunately. I've been trying to find positives and give him the benefit of the doubt but he just isn't at Championship level in my opinion. Wilson is more likely to make a terrible mistake than Collins and Kitching is the best CB we have at the club. COH starts every game too as far as I'm concerned. I've seen the posts regarding letting him rot on the bench but who's to say that the player picked to start ahead of him won't be on their way at the end of the season ?
Pick the best 11 fit and available players and stick to it.

TomRad85

Can we just play our best team and no wanky formations ffs. 433, bin off Wilson and Dasilva and we should be laughing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread