Match Thread Coventry City - Port Vale Match Thread - Saturday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Shambolic display really.

Jones was man of the match as he posed some threat and Vincetti and Kelley were strong as well.

Stokes did well.

Doyle was poor, Willis not a lot better.

Burge made two saves - one routine so not too sure what the fuss is about there in truth.

Sky Blue Pete

Jones was man of the match as he posed some threat and Vincetti and Kelley were strong as well.

Stokes did well.

Burge made two saves - one routine so not too sure what the fuss is about there in truth.
Just thought he was much more secure

lifeskyblue

Stokes did well.

His handling was secure. Looked a safe pair of hands today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Pretty dreadful all in all. We just don't seem to have a system as such just a load of players doing jobs that don't compliment each other. Clean sheet though but we're not creating anywhere near enough, not even forcing mistakes as the whole team is too deep.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Pretty dreadful all in all. We just don't seem to have a system as such just a load of players doing jobs that don't compliment each other. Clean sheet though but we're not creating anywhere near enough, not even forcing mistakes as the whole team is too deep.

Agreed. The opposition rarely threaten. They had two attempts late on and that is it. Robins was as ever ultra cautious and that's an issue

Vale were rubbish but we never are going to score many

Why are people obsessed with Nazon - he's terrible.

stupot07

Pretty much bang on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Stokes did well.

So Burge did what was required of him. That is all he can do. Let's be honest one slight mistake and there would have post after post of moaning.

Grendel

It's a win and a starting point. Clean sheets are always welcome.

Gave me more concerns than positives I'm afraid.

Our forwards never will score, we create nowhere near enough chances or pressure and this against a team that is devoid of any confidence.

It's clear the club can get promotion but the manager needs to do a lot better.

Mucca Mad Boys

Early goal, another clean sheet, couldve blown it with the red, but didn't. I'm happy.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What was said?

What was said? Missed the robins interview

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For a change, Geoff asked a sensible question re the late change and asked if Biamou pulled up in the warm up. Robins answer sort of suggested he'd done something in a behind-closed-doors friendly v Villa in the week, and today he still wasn't fit so they replaced him with Ponticelli. So not sure now if it was actually a late change or just an error on the original team sheet published?

Seemed a little annoyed when talking about it. Hoping it's not another Reds type scenario when the player tries to decide if when he's fit and when he's not!?!

chiefdave

sw88 and Nick should go and sit next to each other then we wouldn't need match threads at all for home games!

Rubbish game. I'd be fuming with the manager if I was a Vale fan, everyone knows which foot Jones is going to shoot with, why was he allowed so much time to set up.

Not sure about the sending off (ref was generally rubbish), will need to see it again but for me he wasn't last man, there were other players moving to cover and the Vale player seemed to be moving away from goal. If the ref wasn't sure to the point he had to go and ask the lino in the other half it shouldn't be a red.

Very disappointing crowd. And not much sign off life on here either. Seems more people are drifting away.

Still 3 points in the bag and on to Tuesday.

Liquid Gold

That is exactly the sort of game I was expecting to see in league 2. The quality is awful all round but 2nd half provided some entertainment. If we had someone more incisive in front of goal we'd have scored more in the period after half time. Still think Doyle and Kelly are too similar in the middle and would like to see Andreu there, especially at home. Burge and Jones both improved from last season. Not the best but give me a season of them and get out of this league and I'll bit your hand off. Nearly had a heart attack at the end there when we nearly conceded the most Coventry City own goal conceivable. From where I was it looked as though their attacker ran into McDonald and went down, not a foul, never a sending off, would like to see the replay though.

D

Deleted member 2477

Two very poor teams who cant score. We are not a promotion team or even near at the moment

Harry_Walker

Apparently Robins said in his post match interview that McNulty has done him hamstring and will see him out for about 3 weeks, Andreu has done his ACL and potentially 6 months out as well as Grimmer straining his calf and he will also be out for a few weeks

Liquid Gold

Apparently Robins said in his post match interview that McNulty has done him hamstring and will see him out for about 3 weeks, Andreu has done his ACL and potentially 6 months out as well as Grimmer straining his calf and he will also be out for a few weeks
He didn't.

oucho

The notion Doyle is some kind of hard man is hilarious. His passing is still as crap as ever as well
Ssshhh, you'll anger the locals with talk like that!

Anyway, I did think we'd shade it and although it sounded crap I'm happy if we can grind out wins when not playing well. A crap 1-0 is better than a pretty draw any day of the week, it's only points that matter at the end of the season.

letsallsingtogether

Gave me more concerns than positives I'm afraid.

Our forwards never will score, we create nowhere near enough chances or pressure and this against a team that is devoid of any confidence.

It's clear the club can get promotion but the manager needs to do a lot better.
That's the football in this league need to get used to it.
Poor players in a poor league.
But we won so who cares.
Seen us play really well too many times and lose.....
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread