Coventry City owners invite council to talks over Sky Blues returning to Ricoh Arena (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

I am playing devil's advocate. I understand SISU's argument, that's all. It doesn't mean I wish them to win this case or do I think they should have gifted SISU anything. I don't think a fair rent with access to revenues the club generates is much to ask.

I think that last point is one (almost) everyone can agree with.

It's a shame it's been ruled out from the start by the club. Surely even renegotiating to those terms keeps Joys rep intact as a badass and makes the club a more attractive proposition?

Snozz_is_god

I think that perhaps Plan B is really Plan A (they just didn't want to admit it....though, they're starting to let it slip methinks :whistle:;))

Plan B was always Plan A, they don't have a real Plan B.

ACL have called their bluff at every turn

I think SISU will be gone in the new year, unfortunately they might have a fire sale of anything/player of value before they go, but if that's what it takes to get our football club back, then so be it.

sky blue john

So if there is a fire sale will there still be ccfc fans sucking up to fisher on the terraces of that truly internationaly renowned venue Sixfields ?

ajsccfc

For something to 'still' happen it has to be actually occurring, rather than a figment of frothing imagination.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
at least publically this appears to be the situation

the council are saying - we hold the freehold and 50% ACl if any party is interested make an approach and talk to us but if not going to be realistic from our point of view do not bother. We dont have to sell but no options are closed.

ACL are saying - we own the lease for a minimum of 41 years with the rights to income if you want to play at the stadium we can lease it to you but we wont chase you as we are doing ok without CCFC there

CCFC/SISU/Otium are saying - only way we come back is by owning the freehold you need to sell it to us, if you dont then we build our own and the Ricoh and Coventry misses out on income it needs to survive.

I suspect both stakeholders in ACL are willing to consider a reasonable offer for ACL also

good grief how difficult is it to write a letter, to send an email, to pick up the phone. If SISU want the damn thing then on the basis of the independent CBRE valuations they say they have had done think of a figure and make a bid. It would have to have a response wouldnt it? either outright no , a not enough or ok we have a deal but at least we would have some damn certainty as to where we stand. If it is no, and the offer not to be improved and renting unacceptable go build the new stadium and get on with life.

It is not about the council accepting the CBRE valuation or an average valuation it is about the council receiving and accepting a bid for the freehold that meets their expectation. The rest is yet more smoke and mirrors.

Make a bid. test the resolve, start the process or end it ............ or is that just too simple

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

the council are saying - we hold the freehold and 50% ACl if any party is interested make an approach and talk to us but if not going to be realistic from our point of view do not bother. We dont have to sell but no options are closed.

ACL are saying - we own the lease for a minimum of 41 years with the rights to income if you want to play at the stadium we can lease it to you but we wont chase you as we are doing ok without CCFC there

CCFC/SISU/Otium are saying - only way we come back is by owning the freehold you need to sell it to us, if you dont then we build our own and the Ricoh and Coventry misses out on income it needs to survive.

good grief how difficult is it to write a letter, to send an email, to pick up the phone. If SISU want the damn thing then on the basis of the independent CBRE valuations they say they have had done think of a figure and make a bid. It would have to have a response wouldnt it? either outright no , a not enough or ok we have a deal but at least we would have some damn certainty as to where we stand. If it is no, and the offer not to be improved and renting unacceptable go build the new stadium and get on with life.

It is not about the council accepting the CBRE valuation or an average valuation it is about the council receiving and accepting a bid for the freehold that meets their expectation. The rest is yet more smoke and mirrors.

Make a bid. test the resolve, start the process or end it ............ or is that just too simple

Clarity.....

kmj5000

I suspect both stakeholders in ACL are willing to consider a reasonable offer for ACL also

Far too simple for SISU. It's apparent from their unprofessional behaviour over the past year or so that they don't understand conventional business practices.

sky blue john

If Sisu make a bid and that's a big if !
I am expecting a derisory offer but part of the offer will involve taking over the loan.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Here here!

Users who are viewing this thread