Match Thread Coventry City - Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 5th Aug (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not the first time @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 has been wide of the mark. ;) What a win and actually won some money on cov.

The difference being, when I am wrong I am more than happy to take my hat off and admit I made a mistake.

Jodi Jones, fucking well played mate. Keep that up for the season like that and we'll smash it.

That charity bet with Hill is looking pretty ominous but at least the cause at the end is a good one.

PUSB!

hill83

The difference being, when I am wrong I am more than happy to take my hat off and admit I made a mistake.

Jodi Jones, fucking well played mate. Keep that up for the season like that and we'll smash it.

That charity bet with Hill is looking pretty ominous but at least the cause at the end is a good one.

PUSB!

As am I, so wind your neck in and stop pretending you are the only person who does that. ;)
Loads of people do in fact.

"The difference being" ffs ha ha

Last edited:

Astute

Fuck me. So happy.

Fair play to Jones. That will give his confidence a massive boost. And that is one strong Duck that we have. I hppe there will be room in the team for him to start. He will shit the life out teams at this level.

But the major bonus for me is O'Brien. Confident and he can catch the ball. He seems to know when to stay and when to come for the ball. The defence seemed to cope with the long ball most of the time.

Does anyone still think Doyle wasn't a good signing?

Nick

Administrator
Fuck me. So happy.

Fair play to Jones. That will give his confidence a massive boost. And that is one strong Duck that we have. I hppe there will be room in the team for him to start. He will shit the life out teams at this level.

But the major bonus for me is O'Brien. Confident and he can catch the ball. He seems to know when to stay and when to come for the ball. The defence seemed to cope with the long ball most of the time.

Doyle put the ball out a couple of times but centre mid was a massive improvement

skybluetony176

Great opening day result. Well done the team, well done MR and especially well done JJ. Delighted for the lad. Never doubted his skill just felt he needed some belief and better decision making. Hopefully he's turned a big corner today and his career can really kick on and we can benefit from that.

Mr Panda

Anyone notice our keeper kicks from the floor with his right but with his left when distributing from his hands?

Peculiar

James Smith

Just had a Luton town supporter in who was not at the game because his wife* wanted to go shopping this afternoon - "There's lots of other home matches this season you can go to" :D. *He said he might be looking to do a substitution if she says/does that again.

Johnnythespider

Always good to start with a win, hats off to Jodie. Impressed by O'Brien in goal and the battling when needed, considering it was practically a new team things can only get better.
I hope

torchomatic

Hope that put a smile on Torchomatics face
Worth waiting for eh !!!

It did. Bloody brilliant day. Even though I did have to queue for 40 mins for my season tickets. It seems the lady was right we did have new STs even though we didn't move. All the others around me have gone though. None of them renewed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Fuck me. So happy.

Steady on. It's only been one game! :)

But I am a little worried that I will soon become a Doyle convert if he keeps this up!

Ccfcisparks

Does anyone follow that Sideways Sammy goon on twitter. Says we were dreadful for long portions of the second half, O'Brien looked nervy, Doyle couldn't pass and Hyam looked a liability. Anyone would have thought we had lost 3-0 not won 3-0!

Liquid Gold

Does anyone follow that Sideways Sammy goon on twitter. Says we were dreadful for long portions of the second half, O'Brien looked nervy, Doyle couldn't pass and Hyam looked a liability. Anyone would have thought we had lost 3-0 not won 3-0!
What a muppet. If that game was indicative of O'Brien then he's the best keeper we've had since Murphy.

Grendel

Grendel

Think Grendel would say and he'd be right that it was a case of doing everything expected of a keeper

He looks a lot better than Burge. It was a blessing he was injured.

Kingokings204

Great game and it was a 3-0 game. Notts county were poor and I would be dissapointed if I was a fan. Opening day I would expect a lot more. The thing is notts county will probably finish around mid table so there is worse to come than them.

Fair play to us and jones was terrific. Not to sure on Beavon and mcnulty to get the goals for promotion but now the duck is here and looked great then maybe a problem solved.

Looked solid at the back for once and never thought we were going to concede really (partly due to county being poor) centre mid looked fiery and ran their socks off.

Here is to a decent season after that.

Users who are viewing this thread