Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (3 Viewers)

Martin180

Can't be arsed to read through the usual drivel while we were losing from our out of work professional managers on here

Started slowly but improved and totally bossed the game from the half hour mark . Didn't think anyone played particularly badly , Torp and Wright standouts for me and a mention for Latibeaudaire who battled hard in the middle after being switched

Grendel

Can't be arsed to read through the usual drivel while we were losing from our out of work professional managers on here

Started slowly but improved and totally bossed the game from the half hour mark . Didn't think anyone played particularly badly , Torp and Wright standouts for me and a mention for Latibeaudaire who battled hard in the middle after being switched

We were poor in the first half. Millwall did deserve what they got as they went further back but the two subs made a huge difference - we didn’t look at the races prior to that

HadjiChippo

Simms made a hell of a lot of difference when he came on. we ended with our best front 4.

The notion that he doesn’t work hard either is just utter rubbish.
He’s the battering ram, was the same in the Leicester game when we struggled to break them down. Ellis came on and bullied them and added another dimension to the attack.

Him and Haji are musts together in these physical battles, especially if teams are gonna go 5+ at the back.

Astute

You'd think I would learn. But up to the point of writing that post, he had got it wrong. Should have been 2 or 3 down inside the first 20 minutes and the first half was very dubious.

Move Wright out to the left and a lot changes
It looked so obvious to me.

If they hadn't scored in the first half and we did it would have been a decent 1st half. You could see them tiring. But they had the lead so we were shite....

Wright is excellent running in on the left. We all agree there. What I don't agree with is he is shite because he plays better running in on the left.

He needs to learn the offside rules though.

fatso

Simms made a hell of a lot of difference when he came on. we ended with our best front 4.

The notion that he doesn’t work hard either is just utter rubbish.
He worked very hard today tbf, as he did on Tuesday, but that hasn't always been the case.

Hopefully he has started to understand what's required here, and can get more goals.

If he starts scoring regularly we will be an excellent team, as CF has been our weakest position for much of the season imo.

Brighton Sky Blue

It looked so obvious to me.

If they hadn't scored in the first half and we did it would have been a decent 1st half. You could see them tiring. But they had the lead so we were shite....

Wright is excellent running in on the left. We all agree there. What I don't agree with is he is shite because he plays better running in on the left.

He needs to learn the offside rules though.
We arguably should have been behind even before that chance, just couldn't live with the long balls going forward and it looked very slow and ponderous going forward. The criticism of Wright was made to look stupid in short order anyway, and maybe people really will learn from that today.

Travs

Its small margins....

We could've been a goal down, or a goal up, before they even took the lead.

Although we were well on top 2nd half, i was starting to worry about our ability to break them down, until we got the pen.... 3minutes later we're winning.

Millwall are a tough side to play against.

Otis

Yup. That's pretty much the way I saw it too.

Users who are viewing this thread