Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

He's mixed Haji's salute and the Mario kart celebration together.

Not an ideal combination!
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Nick

Administrator
On a related note, that klopp type thing that now gets done about 5 times where mve fist pumps... It's not the same doing it after every game and now to every stand.

robbiethemole

It's just still weird to me that other teams talk about how good we are and how even I now think we have a good chance of winning even when losing

Used to be concede and then you lose it felt like for so so many years
Crazy that, they say how good we are, on here they criticise our own players and the manager.

When are we going to accept our players are as good as any in this league on their day

Evo1883

On a related note, that klopp type thing that now gets done about 5 times where mve fist pumps... It's not the same doing it after every game and now to every stand.
I like it when he does it to the corner at full time , I'm gone straight after, he also does it away

skyblue_55

When we are expected to win , there is a different type of pressure , to what we are used to. The squad rotation is working & we have to expect some glitches , but we are still carving out chances & as of today , back to winning ways .
Our subs were really impressive & our stamina levels seem to have grown.
Now before the return of both Sheaf & Allen , were all hoping that injuries don’t scupper the next 14 game unbeaten run ?
CTID

Astute

Crazy that, they say how good we are, on here they criticise our own players and the manager.

When are we going to accept our players are as good as any in this league on their day
Personally I think it has something to do with how some thought just about all the new signings were shite and a waste of money and now try their best to find fault. It's as though we never come across decent players against us or sides that come into games with a plan.

Look at todays game. Best side for most of the game yet the concentration is on where they gave it their all for the first 20 minutes or so. Their half chances were seen as they should have scored whereas we only got half chances so we were shite.

CBS16

I think he has been a poor signing in general so far. A lot of bad performances where he has been standout for the wrong reasons.

I agree he played well earlier in the week (against a pretty weak and second string Sheffield Wednesday), but I do not agree that he was good earlier in the season. There was much talk on here about why he was playing and why he had the position when Bidwell was there. As soon as Bidwell came back in it was clear there was light and day between the two of them. It seemed baffling that JDS had been playing all along and why the manager was picking him, and it was called out by many.

Like I said before, even if your view is different on the player in this occasion; our fans do knee-jerk on one good game or one bad game. Simms against Leeds was another wank-fest that ended up being short lived. Over history JDS hasn't impressed me at all. Whilst Bidwell has not played too well in the last couple of games, I still don't fancy swapping him out for JDS.
JDS did well again, do you still think he's been really poor?

Astute

Am I missing about dasilva today? He was terrible first half.

Second half he was a bit better but was still a liability.
Did we have anyone play well in the 1st half? It was backs to the wall whilst they knackered themselves out. MVE had a howler but it has hardly been mentioned. We had a makeshift defence that struggled at times.

Once Dasilva moved forward a bit he improved but so did the whole side.

Yorkshire SB

On the JDS chat..

He’s not blessed physically (relative to professional footballers!), he’s small and fairly slow. He’s technically good though, so he works well when we’re building up play.

I think he needs to make more of what he does well and be more aware of his weaknesses, and we need to use him in the right way/play him in the right games .

Martin180

On the JDS chat..

He’s not blessed physically (relative to professional footballers!), he’s small and fairly slow. He’s technically good though, so he works well when we’re building up play.

I think he needs to make more of what he does well and be more aware of his weaknesses, and we need to use him in the right way/play him in the right games .
I also think he links up better with Wright than he does with Palmer

hamertime

The game changed when Thomas came on. Eccles was dropping too deep to play it out. Thomas can do that from centre back and it basically give us that extra bit in midfield with Lati. Whether Robins thought we’d have enough to give Thomas a rest who knows but it wasn’t working. Thankfully he changed it quickly enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Are you drunk ?

No. It's just a 'your mum' joke. Fuckinghellm8.

It's like the old joke about the forum police coming back around. There's currently a handful of posters trying to consistently take the moral highground and show off. All this high and mighty behaviour is odd.

We can play well, we can win, that doesn't mean we cannot break down the game and analyse player performances. There's this bizarre mindset recently where if we've won, everyone is 10/10 and that's final. We're not allowed to point out improvement points or weaknesses without being told we hate the players and are abusing them.

Users who are viewing this thread